blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:15:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138838 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: May 22, 2013, 12:00:53 AM »

I would like to know how everyone prices the fight up? Minus the home advantage and the usual biased opinion what are the true odds?? it is close for me, real close.

It is a truly cracking fight and Carl Froch is one of my favourite fighters ever he has so much heart but I don't really see how he is such a big favourite here.  Kessler beat him fair and square last time and they have both beaten/ everyone put in front of them since except Andre Ward.  Home advantage is worth a lot in boxing and  Kessler hasn't been that active but I just think something like 8/11 Froch 6/4 Kessler would be a bit closer to the mark than the current prices.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 22, 2013, 03:42:39 AM »

WTF, Audley is back again.

Can't see how having a baby suddenly makes you want to start again? Which is apparently his reasoning.

He must be a wealthy man, and I would have thought he had a big enough profile to milk retirement for a good while.

Unless, bizarrely, having the kid has woken his inner fires, and he feels he might now actually land a punch.

Strange, at best

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 22, 2013, 07:18:31 AM »

I would like to know how everyone prices the fight up? Minus the home advantage and the usual biased opinion what are the true odds?? it is close for me, real close.

It is a truly cracking fight and Carl Froch is one of my favourite fighters ever he has so much heart but I don't really see how he is such a big favourite here.  Kessler beat him fair and square last time and they have both beaten/ everyone put in front of them since except Andre Ward.  Home advantage is worth a lot in boxing and  Kessler hasn't been that active but I just think something like 8/11 Froch 6/4 Kessler would be a bit closer to the mark than the current prices.

I tend to agree. 2/1 Kessler is definitely value imo, but one of those occasions I'm happy to pass up a +ve EV spot as I'm a massive Froch fan and I'll be at the O2 on Saturday and would feel dirty funking against him.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 22, 2013, 07:42:38 AM »

I wont be at the o2 on Saturday but if my holiday started 2 days earlier I would pay a fortune for a ticket and almost wrote what you did Bazza.  This is deffo one of those spots  where I really don't need a bet and will be funking for Froch hard but I do think Kessler looks a tad big.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: May 22, 2013, 07:50:55 AM »

I also hope Froch wins. I like fighters who get inside and aren't frightened to tangle (but are good enough to do so). Kessler is a good match for him, thoigh, and I'm thinking points either way.

I'm not sure what happens when a winner is declared. Would Froch retire? Would Kessler demand a rematch?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 22, 2013, 07:53:30 AM »

Not sure either should or would retire if they lose but both getting old by boxing standards.  It is kinda a shame because either would easily be a really top class lb4lb fighter in another era but ward is close to Mayweather imo and just so many other great fighters at these weights the last few years.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: May 22, 2013, 08:04:42 AM »

The problem for Froch is, if he were to lose, he'd have to take a big step down and there would be no guarantee he'd get a title shot again. I don't really think he deserves that.

It will be a brilliant fight and the two will be toe to toe, roared onby a partizan and baying crowd.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 23, 2013, 05:23:04 PM »

Can't wait.......train to London for lunchtime, dump bags in hotel, and we're off.

No idea where were gonna start drinking, hope the fight goes more than a few rounds, which I think it will.

Froch in the 11th for me.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1148 on: May 23, 2013, 10:00:28 PM »

Fraudley retires. AT LAST!

If he can manage to do that properly...

LOL - he couldn't Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1149 on: May 23, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »

Can't wait.......train to London for lunchtime, dump bags in hotel, and we're off.

No idea where were gonna start drinking, hope the fight goes more than a few rounds, which I think it will.

Froch in the 11th for me.

Enjoy it, it'll be a cracker.  Can't call it myself, going to be a close one.  Obviously, my heart says Froch.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: May 25, 2013, 06:22:03 PM »

We all in for a good night of boxing, cant wait..

Satellite King
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 25, 2013, 06:36:06 PM »

When will the main start ?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 25, 2013, 07:11:07 PM »

11ish. I'm sure they'll time it so the Champions League final has finished.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 25, 2013, 07:12:16 PM »

11ish. I'm sure they'll time it so the Champions League final has finished.

Gud gud Smiley
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 25, 2013, 07:13:29 PM »

Yeah heard em mention something about 11:15 after the weigh in.

Hope Groves wins also.

Satellite King
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: