blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:54:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138352 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1200 on: May 26, 2013, 12:46:14 AM »

What a pair of gents they both are
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 26, 2013, 12:48:23 AM »

What an absolute hero and warrior Carl Froch is.  He never ducks a fight, puts in 110% every single time and gets it done.  So many other sportsmen could learn from him.

Legends both of them, really classy from start to finish in every way.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: May 26, 2013, 12:51:18 AM »

Kessler just had what might be the last fight of his career, taken 100 punches in the face, has handed over his belt and immediately gives a glowing interview, smiling, in a foreign language.

Whilst it would be good for Froch to have a second shot against Ward, I don't see that being a contest like a rematch would.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: May 26, 2013, 01:04:11 AM »

Really don't know where Froch goes from here tbh.  Kessler doesn't look too keen on a rematch and I got the sense he might be done.  Rob McCracken really didn't sound too keen on Ward and really not sure that can happen if it isn't in UK.  Hopkins looks the play but that isn't in the calibre of opponents Froch likes.....not anymore anyway.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: May 26, 2013, 01:07:28 AM »

Kessler just had what might be the last fight of his career, taken 100 punches in the face, has handed over his belt and immediately gives a glowing interview, smiling, in a foreign language.

Whilst it would be good for Froch to have a second shot against Ward, I don't see that being a contest like a rematch would.

Ward is another cut from the same cloth as those 2, and hopefully Eddie picks up the phone Smiley

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: May 26, 2013, 01:08:32 AM »

What an absolute hero and warrior Carl Froch is.  He never ducks a fight, puts in 110% every single time and gets it done.  So many other sportsmen could learn from him.

This.

Kessler is a credit to the sport as well. If only boxing had more people like this in it.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: May 26, 2013, 01:13:07 AM »

Ward vs Froch July 5th 2014 please!

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 26, 2013, 02:09:38 AM »

Why wouldn't Froch retire?

I mean, he's made for life, he has avenged the only avengeable defeat of his career and he's 36 in a months time.

Time to hang em up.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1208 on: May 26, 2013, 02:18:08 AM »

best moment of the fight for me was when carl was declared the winner and kessler immediately took his hand from the referee's and began applauding. Sportsmanship at its finest.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 26, 2013, 02:32:22 AM »

Carl Froch is a legend. Kessler isn't far behind. Fantastic fight.

War Froch
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 26, 2013, 03:40:32 AM »

Ward is another cut from the same cloth as those 2, and hopefully Eddie picks up the phone Smiley

Ward is a level above, IMO. Would be a big payday. He is in a difficult spot, because that was arguably Froch's best performance of his career. Seems luke the worst time to retire, but I can't pick a progressive fight for him at that weight.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 26, 2013, 04:31:25 AM »

The interview with the two of them at the end was just pure class.

Sport needs more of this. If they both retired tonight, they'd know the both retired champions.
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 26, 2013, 05:08:54 AM »

Enjoyed throughout, interview was very good
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 26, 2013, 05:13:53 AM »

Ward is a level above, IMO. Would be a big payday. He is in a difficult spot, because that was arguably Froch's best performance of his career. Seems luke the worst time to retire, but I can't pick a progressive fight for him at that weight.

I really dont want to see it because they are my two favourite British fighters at the moment but Froch - Groves would sell enough tickets and provide a challenge for both parties.  Now would definitely be the time for Froch to take this fight as in a few years time Groves might overtake him and catch him on the way down which none of us want to see obviously.  Not sure it is the perfect time for Groves to take though and Adam Booth is normally fairly careful about the challenges his fighters take although they did take on De Gale.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 26, 2013, 05:31:53 AM »

Ward is definitely the better boxer, but I was just talking about the way he conducts himself etc.

I think Froch is just a warrior, he lost to Ward so will want to try and avenge the defeat. Not sure that he'll be able to, but he will want to give it another spin I think.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: