blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:51:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1144342 times)
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: September 29, 2013, 04:25:05 AM »

good performance looked better than i thought he was

not sure why cloud seemed surprised stevenson was throwin the left all the time

bellew hasnt got a hope - not got the power to keep him off or the skills to win on points away. struggles to win on points at home
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: September 29, 2013, 11:02:37 AM »

That was impressive from Stevenson. Showed a lot more ability than I gave him credit for. I don't like Bellew's chances much. Stevenson v Kovalev in a unification fight would be interesting.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: September 29, 2013, 01:20:13 PM »

A big complement to Stevenson would be that I cannot remember a competitive fight whereby one fighter struggled to get into range as badly as Cloud did last night.
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: September 29, 2013, 05:02:03 PM »

stevenson vs kovalev would be a fun fight would like to see that
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: September 30, 2013, 12:15:41 AM »

That was impressive from Stevenson. Showed a lot more ability than I gave him credit for. I don't like Bellew's chances much. Stevenson v Kovalev in a unification fight would be interesting.

Technically much better than I thought.

Well that fight wouldn't go to points!!
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 01, 2013, 10:57:42 AM »

Looking ahead to Saturday night one fight that stands out is a clash between prizefighter champions Larry Ekundayo and Glenn Foot in an eliminator for the British Welterweight title.

Other fights might not be as competitive as an acca on Lee Selby, Luke Campbell, Wlad Klitschko, Kevin Mitchell, Anthony Joshua and Scott Quigg is 2/3 odds on. Fast Car Eddie has dome some job in picking out an Italian 8-0 fighter that he can big up as being a tough, unbeaten, debut opponent for Joshua, maybe the bookies have caught onto his false talk as Joshua is 25-1 on to win the bout.
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: October 01, 2013, 01:00:12 PM »

ekundayo fight is off injured last week

might have a look at quigg stoppage when the prices come out

i would really like to see povetkin do something with klitschko hes got him fighting away from germany and there is a rumour hes got chisora on his team to supervise the klit hand wrapping which is funny if true

interesting to see how quickly the olympians are progressed with all the international experience and top coaching they already have under there belts.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: October 01, 2013, 01:11:14 PM »

thanks Malt, where'd you find the info on Ekundayo and the Chisora hand wrapping thing?
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 01, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »

boxing news website

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/latest/news/alexander-povetkin-enlists-help-of-maniac-dereck-chisora-for-wladimir-klitschko-fight
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 01, 2013, 01:26:13 PM »

Thanks again. If anyone hasn't seen him already check out Kugan Cassius for IFilmLondon, the guy is raising the bar for interviewers.
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 01, 2013, 01:41:08 PM »

yeh the ifilm interviews are quality

britishboxersuk on youtube are good aswell they dont do as many as ifilm and its a different style but they have some good long interviews on old fighters whole careers if you like that sort of thing - its more north west based

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1421 on: October 03, 2013, 01:43:46 PM »

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/243901.html

Don't think Khan deserves the fight, but would be fun while it lasts, he is a poor mans Pacman but always exciting to watch. Certainly has a punchers chance, but I imagine Mayweather will school him.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 03, 2013, 01:51:27 PM »

"Floyd has seen off the tough, heavy punchers," Stephen Espinosa, head of sport for Showtime TV, said. "It remains to be seen what he will do against extreme speed and I like the Khan fight very much."

What a load of bottom gravy.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 03, 2013, 02:55:53 PM »

It's great news that this could be happening. I'd also argue that Khan has earned this fight in that this is a fight people want to see happen and will pay good money to watch. Money makes fights and we should give Amir Khan credit for getting himself into a position to receive what must easily be the biggest pay day ever for a British boxer.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 03, 2013, 03:07:20 PM »

It's great news that this could be happening. I'd also argue that Khan has earned this fight in that this is a fight people want to see happen and will pay good money to watch. Money makes fights and we should give Amir Khan credit for getting himself into a position to receive what must easily be the biggest pay day ever for a British boxer.

Maybe. I saw him take one in the face from Garcia.

Good job those tickets were comped.

Wink

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: