blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:08:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1143933 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1500 on: October 24, 2013, 05:17:57 PM »

Pretty sure the Snooker club regarding Naz was near the Hunters bar roundabout, as that was our go to place for a couple of frames and saw Naz in there a couple of times.

Got me reminiscing about student days in Sheffield now, good times.

Yes it probably is Rileys. Next to the Lescar which is a great pub, opposite where my missus works now if you are ever in town and need to buy a log burner urgently.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 24, 2013, 07:10:31 PM »

any links about for that gomez ringside piece??

not big fan of watching the whole of old fights i like docs about them with bits of footage thrown in etc

wouldnt sit through a whole old football match either.

been waiting all week for the odds on the brian rose fight at wknd still nothing up yet hoping there could be a few nice prices about

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8977123/life-after-boxing:-michael-gomez

malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 24, 2013, 07:15:41 PM »

cheers bazza
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1503 on: October 24, 2013, 08:35:46 PM »

Pretty sure the Snooker club regarding Naz was near the Hunters bar roundabout, as that was our go to place for a couple of frames and saw Naz in there a couple of times.

Yes it probably is Rileys. Next to the Lescar which is a great pub, opposite where my missus works now if you are ever in town and need to buy a log burner urgently.

Yes, think it might well be the one near Hunter's Bar.   Think I even played there a few times.

Been a few years since I visited Sheffield for a night out.  Need to address that.

Bringing it back onto boxing, Kell Brook - world class, or still not fought anyone half-decent?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: October 24, 2013, 08:41:54 PM »

I worked in the NHS clinic just up the hill from there one summer. My job was to input data about blokes with erectile problems and people who wanted sex changes. Wish I worked in the log burner shop!
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: October 24, 2013, 08:46:33 PM »

Yes, think it might well be the one near Hunter's Bar.   Think I even played there a few times.

Been a few years since I visited Sheffield for a night out.  Need to address that.

Bringing it back onto boxing, Kell Brook - world class, or still not fought anyone half-decent?

Fringe world class where he has been for the past two years. Still yet to have a proper test. The 5/2 Brook points is a ridic price with , way ool.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: October 25, 2013, 04:17:21 AM »

Corrales v Castillo I is definitely worth a watch.

Just remembered what a belter this one was. You watched it yet Monda?

That was unreal, incredible fight.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: October 25, 2013, 05:12:16 AM »

Watched Castillo v Mayweather after that fight.

Mayweather runs fucking good, shouldn't have that 0.

Such a joke to suggest he won it at all nevermind by the margin it was giving.

(I realise this is all very old news now Smiley )

The stats of the fight and the fact Castillo was clearly the more aggressive shows what a sham boxing can be when left to the judges.
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: October 26, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »

any thoughts on tonights fights

like last time going for joshua points at a big price 15/2 think im going to stick with it til it lands - sooner or later his oppoenents are just going to turn up in survival mode like true journeymen. butlins said hes had a lot of notice for this fight which is a positive and he isnt a novice like joshuas first fight

bazza already mentioned brook on points at 5/2 that price has gone now i prefer points to stoppage and the only doubt is if sencehnkos face holds up was stopped on cuts /swelling in his defeat. for me this is brooks first test around world level

callum smith points 7/2 interesting one this smith with all the 1st round kos but who he is fighting has only been stopped twice by world level fighters. against this is im not sure how much notice the opponet had for this fight is 35 now and notice he had to strip off to make weight. but he has been picked to hopefully give some rounds to smith. there are some decent prices on overs rounds mite go for that instead

brian rose points 9/4 if hes going to win its highly likely it will be on points. his opponent is favourite to win this by stoppage hes got a lot of kos on his record but fighting at home in argentina. cant figure out if its because people dont rate rose who you wouldnt call chinny or the argie is genuine and can bang. hearn has brought over a few argies with decent looking records to get beaten in the past but hes also made a bit of a mess getting people over at a higher level for burns and quigg and the same level for bellew. i expected rose to be a decent fav and would have backed the other guy at a big price to win. had a few draws around lately on sky could be a chance of that here again maybe.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: October 26, 2013, 10:45:34 PM »

Maybe being harsh but not that impressed with Kell Brook, doesn't look good enough to beat most of the people above him in his division.

Possibly I'm massively underestimating his opponent though who I know little about.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: October 26, 2013, 10:59:42 PM »

Maybe being harsh but not that impressed with Kell Brook, doesn't look good enough to beat most of the people above him in his division.

Possibly I'm massively underestimating his opponent though who I know little about.

He looked like he was at a disco when matey caught him  Smiley

malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: October 26, 2013, 11:20:57 PM »

thought brook looked good tonight saw off his best oppo and an ex world champ failry easily

vast improvement to going life and death with carson jones

quality win for rose aswell i had him winning a close fight a few moaning the other lad was robbed

i might give up on backing joshua to go the distance
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: October 26, 2013, 11:27:40 PM »

thought brook looked good tonight saw off his best oppo and an ex world champ failry easily

quality win for rose aswell i had him winning a close fight a few moaning the other lad was robbed

I'm no boxing expert, but are they not just hand feeding Joshua pub fighters to bed him in?

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: October 26, 2013, 11:29:18 PM »

I'm no boxing expert, but are they not just hand feeding Joshua pub fighters to bed him in?

I thought that as well, but the guy did go the distance with Chisora.
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: October 26, 2013, 11:37:20 PM »

yeh they are not expected to beat or trouble joshua in the slighest its why hes fighting them

theres plenty of big hitters who struggle to put away journeymen who cover up and spoil which is what im waiting for could get expensive tho

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: