blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:28:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138867 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: October 31, 2013, 08:57:12 PM »

Going to give this a watch when I get a spare 90 mins but looks awesome.
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: October 31, 2013, 10:52:26 PM »

all the legendary nights series are worth a watch

espn have just done one on leonard duran which was decent aswell - no mas
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 03, 2013, 10:39:26 AM »

Hamed was an incredible talent. He was never the same once he had millions in the bank though. The desire had gone. He was on the downgrade by the time he fought Barrera. Had they fought two years earlier Hamed stops him.

Pretty surprised to hear you say that Baz I gotta admit.

Golovkin looking unstoppable.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 04, 2013, 10:10:26 PM »

any opinions on the froch vs groves fight?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 04, 2013, 10:24:48 PM »

any opinions on the froch vs groves fight?

Froch to iron him out.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 05, 2013, 03:17:33 PM »

Those Sky Ringside specials to promote Froch vs Groves have been absolutely uncomfortably cringeworthy. Whilst it has it laugh out loud moments such as 'stroke-gate' they could learn a bit from Showtime's All Access in how to build up a fight.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 05, 2013, 03:34:13 PM »

Those Sky Ringside specials to promote Froch vs Groves have been absolutely uncomfortably cringeworthy. Whilst it has it laugh out loud moments such as 'stroke-gate' they could learn a bit from Showtime's All Access in how to build up a fight.

I think Froch learned a lot from the sit down he had with Ward before their fight, where he got schooled in how to handle yourself.

I had to check that they hadn't made brought along Groves 14 year old brother to that show, it was embarrassing watching him acting like a kid...

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 05, 2013, 04:03:05 PM »

Agreed it was awful viewing. If I was a casual boxing fan I'd be less likely to watch the fight after seeing that. Neither came across well.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 05, 2013, 04:08:01 PM »

Agreed it was awful viewing. If I was a casual boxing fan I'd be less likely to watch the fight after seeing that. Neither came across well.

Thought Froch was better than he was when sat opposite Ward, but I would guess that casual fans will tune in hoping to see either get sparked out Grin

engy

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 05, 2013, 04:45:42 PM »

yea I fancy froch to beat him but I think hes too short at 1/5
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 05, 2013, 05:49:09 PM »

It gets worse, the casual fight fan wouldn't be able to tune in to the fight anyway as it's on Box Office!

I didn't see Froch before the Ward fight but I'd be severely irritated after spending all day in the company of George Groves.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 05, 2013, 06:02:13 PM »

It gets worse, the casual fight fan wouldn't be able to tune in to the fight anyway as it's on Box Office!

I didn't see Froch before the Ward fight but I'd be severely irritated after spending all day in the company of George Groves.

Ward is just a different class.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 06, 2013, 03:26:54 AM »

Hagler vs Hearns is brilliant.

Best 1st round of a fight ever ?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 06, 2013, 04:18:16 AM »

For the sheer spectacle and the occasion, the Hamed v Kelley fight is always worth a watch Smiley

Remember watching it when it happened, I was living in Japan at the time, and it defined 'edge of the seat' viewing.

Wild!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1529 on: November 06, 2013, 08:33:53 AM »

For the sheer spectacle and the occasion, the Hamed v Kelley fight is always worth a watch Smiley

Remember watching it when it happened, I was living in Japan at the time, and it defined 'edge of the seat' viewing.

Wild!

Watching that live was pretty wild, especially as I was a big Naz fan at the time. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: