blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:00:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1145107 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: November 23, 2013, 11:52:38 PM »

Froch between the end of the 3rd and start of the 4th has glazed eyes is constantly looking at his corner and has just admitted after the fight he did not even remember the first round knockout

If the fight wasnt stopped for that, there is no way it can be for what it was
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: November 23, 2013, 11:52:52 PM »

first time ive watched a whole fight, will probably be the last. the stopping obviously ridiculous but 2 judges having it as 76 75 (and i assume froch would end up winning last round even more so probably even) is just crazy!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: November 23, 2013, 11:53:50 PM »

Stoppage ruined a very  very good fight. Think froch would've tagged him. I've never seen a fighter take as much punishment and stay on his feet

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: November 23, 2013, 11:54:28 PM »

No bet in the match just hate seeing sporting injustice and that was one of the worst

Dont like Froch at all but he is as hard as anything to comeback from those first 5 rounds

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1624 on: November 23, 2013, 11:55:24 PM »

Another fight ruined by a British referee with a premature stoppage. It's getting beyond a joke now. Please can we have Steve Smoger for the rematch.

Groves bossed that fight and had he been able to stick to a plan he would have won a wide UD, he decided he wanted to brawl and it cost him. Froch is one hard hard bastard though. He ate umpteen clean shots from Groves but came firing back.

Agree that the judge stopped it prematurely, but Groves was hurt and Froch could have lost every round, that matters not one jot with how the ref decides if a fighter is fit to continue.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: November 23, 2013, 11:57:19 PM »

IF there is a rematch i cant wait to lump on froch
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: November 23, 2013, 11:57:36 PM »

Groves was not hurt though

why has the ref grabbed him in a headlock rather than stop Froch?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: November 23, 2013, 11:58:01 PM »

IF there is a rematch i cant wait to lump on froch

Why, because that fight will be rigged as well ?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1628 on: November 23, 2013, 11:59:08 PM »

Groves was not hurt though

why has the ref grabbed him in a headlock rather than stop Froch?

Groves wasn't hurt?

OK...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: November 24, 2013, 12:01:11 AM »

But definitely not the worst thing in sport. Not even close.

What is for you then please? I am a little drunk, I may not have been thinking clearly to say that is the worst injustice I have seen, adhering to rules wise. That might stand true for me tbh, as I don't often branch out into more than 4 sports.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: November 24, 2013, 12:01:45 AM »

if the ref was worried for his safety why is he allowing froch to hit him and then grabbing groves head?

Just watched back the main incidents

Even a Froch fan would agree he should have had AT LEAST one point deducted for late blows/ leading with arm

Good to hear Khan state it as he saw it and many others
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: November 24, 2013, 12:03:10 AM »

Another fight ruined by a British referee with a premature stoppage. It's getting beyond a joke now. Please can we have Steve Smoger for the rematch.

Groves bossed that fight and had he been able to stick to a plan he would have won a wide UD, he decided he wanted to brawl and it cost him. Froch is one hard hard bastard though. He ate umpteen clean shots from Groves but came firing back.

Agree that the judge stopped it prematurely, but Groves was hurt and Froch could have lost every round, that matters not one jot with how the ref decides if a fighter is fit to continue.

No one is denying he was hurt, but if boxers are stopped every time they are hurt then the game is well and truly up.

The sad thing is the premature stoppage probably didn't affect the end result as Froch had got to him but it's all everyone will be talking about.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: November 24, 2013, 12:03:25 AM »

lampard vs the germans!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: November 24, 2013, 12:03:47 AM »

that gets worse and worse on 4th viewing

Lost balance took two punches still throwing punches back and then ref grabs him

bizarre

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1634 on: November 24, 2013, 12:05:09 AM »

No one is denying he was hurt, but if boxers are stopped every time they are hurt then the game is well and truly up.

The sad thing is the premature stoppage probably didn't affect the end result as Froch had got to him but it's all everyone will be talking about.

Agree 100%.

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: