blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:46:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 403 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138503 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5970 on: January 10, 2020, 04:52:04 PM »

Taylor leaves the McGuigan’s for Top Rank. McGuigan takes it as well as expected. I rate Shane as a trainer and he’s done great work with Taylor so it’s a pity that relationship has come to an end.

Could he not have signed with Bob, and stayed with Shane?

Shame it looks so acrimonious, as you say.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: January 13, 2020, 12:50:28 AM »

Taylor leaves the McGuigan’s for Top Rank. McGuigan takes it as well as expected. I rate Shane as a trainer and he’s done great work with Taylor so it’s a pity that relationship has come to an end.

Nah the McGuigan’s come as a package. No smoke without fire as far as the McGuigan’s are concerned.

For all I criticise Edward one thing I can never really remember him having is any legal disputes with his fighters. I remember Darren Barker saying when he signed with Matchroom he was told he would fight Saturday and he paid on the Monday and that always happened.  Eddie looks after his assets. Same can’t be said for other promoters.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: January 13, 2020, 01:43:12 AM »

Nah the McGuigan’s come as a package. No smoke without fire as far as the McGuigan’s are concerned.

For all I criticise Edward one thing I can never really remember him having is any legal disputes with his fighters. I remember Darren Barker saying when he signed with Matchroom he was told he would fight Saturday and he paid on the Monday and that always happened.  Eddie looks after his assets. Same can’t be said for other promoters.

So cut their nose off to spite their faces.

Bad for business if you get a rep for not paying, especially when most of your income is coming from the people you've got to pay wages to.

See BJS is training with Ben for his next fight.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: January 21, 2020, 07:54:49 PM »

Taylor our working with them as well. I did fear Taylor would follow Frampton to the Jamie Moore camp.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: January 22, 2020, 06:07:20 PM »

Taylor our working with them as well. I did fear Taylor would follow Frampton to the Jamie Moore camp.

Who's that, Bazza?

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: January 23, 2020, 03:46:45 PM »

Canelo goes up in my estimation if he chooses to fight Murata and totally mug off BJS and Smith.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: January 23, 2020, 03:55:55 PM »

Who's that, Bazza?

Taylor was spotted on the pads with Ben Davison. Josh and his partner are in London full time so they can shop about a bit, or relocate again.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: January 23, 2020, 05:38:12 PM »

Who's that, Bazza?

Taylor was spotted on the pads with Ben Davison. Josh and his partner are in London full time so they can shop about a bit, or relocate again.

Gotcha, he's signed up with them, but been training with MTK.

See TBV talking about Arum signing BB Miller.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: January 23, 2020, 06:01:28 PM »

Canelo goes up in my estimation if he chooses to fight Murata and totally mug off BJS and Smith.

Hearn talking about that first 10mins of his video today.

Oscar said BJS not front runner. Eddie said not sure BJS is the front runner, boxing news put that out.

Said Joe Gallagher rang him up and said 'BJS got the Canelo fight'

Hearn said not had one convo about BJS/Smith fighting Canelo. Only that Canelo team said BJS/Smith are two fights they'd like when they were all in Dallas, and now Murata in the mix.

Canelo's lot are the bosses and everyone at their mercy. They'll do what they want to do. As good as they are, you're waiting on the golden ticket. They decide when it happens.

Said to Billie you're in the mix for Canelo, but if it don't happen there's Jacobs/Andrade or Smith. BJS said great, when?

Transcription services available, PM for details Cheesy

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: January 23, 2020, 06:01:53 PM »

Who's that, Bazza?

*she moved down 6 month ago. Frampton and Chantelle Cameron made exactly the same move from Cyclone to MTK management so Taylor wasn't a shock. The McGuigans guided his career fantastically but there's also massive conflict of interest in protecting his best long term interests.

Lols at big baby. Man going to look like a fat bag of glue.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: January 23, 2020, 06:14:06 PM »

Who's that, Bazza?

*she moved down 6 month ago. Frampton and Chantelle Cameron made exactly the same move from Cyclone to MTK management so Taylor wasn't a shock. The McGuigans guided his career fantastically but there's also massive conflict of interest in protecting his best long term interests.

Lols at big baby. Man going to look like a fat bag of glue.

Yeah, didn't look into it too much, but is it the old man that causes most of the aggro trying to get too much of the fighter's dough?

Wasn't Bob into Eddie about the drugs etc. a while back? Ironic, if that was the case. Can't really remember, lol.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: January 23, 2020, 06:25:33 PM »

Oscar said BJS not front runner. Eddie said not sure BJS is the front runner, boxing news put that out.

Hearn said not had one convo about BJS/Smith fighting Canelo. Only that Canelo team said BJS/Smith are two fights they'd like when they were all in Dallas, and now Murata in the mix.

Canelo's lot are the bosses and everyone at their mercy. They'll do what they want to do. As good as they are, you're waiting on the golden ticket. They decide when it happens.

Said to Billie you're in the mix for Canelo, but if it don't happen there's Jacobs/Andrade or Smith. BJS said great, when?

It's funny cus their gagging for it. Pair of them will still find a way of avoiding each other though. Can't be long till DAZN stop throwing money around and demand some better fights.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: January 23, 2020, 06:27:56 PM »

It's funny cus their gagging for it. Pair of them will still find a way of avoiding each other though. Can't be long till DAZN stop throwing money around and demand some better fights.

They are, but at least Eddie is just telling them how it is. You've got to see if you're picked. Nothing else you can do.

The fights they've put on over the last 12 months have to be better than the dross that Bricktop and the other mobs have been, bar the odd one?

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: January 24, 2020, 12:17:42 PM »

^ Domestic output is way down on both sides. In years gone by Frank would of picked up that golden contract tournaments but his MTK relationship appears tarnished. Sky, under pressure for lack of content, picked up the MTK stuff whilst Eddie was concentrating on the US.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: January 24, 2020, 01:05:21 PM »

Is that a circle that will come around, when the money dries up in the US?

Surely they can't keep lumping up the big money forever, especially when half of them don't know who anyone but Floyd and Manny are.

Pages: 1 ... 395 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 403 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: