blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 11:19:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 422278 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: December 06, 2012, 05:12:26 PM »

Adoption in this country.

Thankfully me and my wife were lucky to have kids in the end but some of our dear friends had to endure a year + of grilling from looney left social workers etc that is designed to break down anyones marriage and confidence. The whole process is boardering on scandalus with so many kids needing a new life with loving parents.

Makes me sick to see how much it effected my friends, hopefully it will all be worth it for them.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1456 on: December 06, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »

Thankfully me and my wife were lucky to have kids in the end but some of our dear friends had to endure a year + of grilling from looney left social workers etc that is designed to break down anyones marriage and confidence. The whole process is boardering on scandalus with so many kids needing a new life with loving parents.

Makes me sick to see how much it effected my friends, hopefully it will all be worth it for them.

I had friends who had to jump through hoops to be able to adopt.  They already had one child, but the mother struggled during child-birth and would be at risk to have another.  They both have jobs, a nice house, lovely couple - and it took over a year and repeated visits and interrogations for them to eventually get the OK. Ridiculous really.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: December 06, 2012, 05:52:56 PM »

I had friends who had to jump through hoops to be able to adopt.  They already had one child, but the mother struggled during child-birth and would be at risk to have another.  They both have jobs, a nice house, lovely couple - and it took over a year and repeated visits and interrogations for them to eventually get the OK. Ridiculous really.

Yep pretty much the same background of my friends, good jobs, backgrounds, no trouble in their history/past yet they kept digging and digging about the most silly things. One of my mates is a christian, he dont go to church but he declared himself as one on the forms, the adoption worker grilled him about gay people and if they adopted a child who was later 'gay' would it toil with his beliefs!? he said nope, i am open to this and it does not bother me, but the women kept niddling him about God supposed to hate gays and it was somehow a huge problem, fml..i was mad for him
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1458 on: December 06, 2012, 05:55:38 PM »

Yep pretty much the same background of my friends, good jobs, backgrounds, no trouble in their history/past yet they kept digging and digging about the most silly things. One of my mates is a christian, he dont go to church but he declared himself as one on the forms, the adoption worker grilled him about gay people and if they adopted a child who was later 'gay' would it toil with his beliefs!? he said nope, i am open to this and it does not bother me, but the women kept niddling him about God supposed to hate gays and it was somehow a huge problem, fml..i was mad for him

That's ridiculous.  A person's faith shouldn't come in to it, neither should their sexuality or political views.  Very little consideration giving to the children a lot of the time.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 06, 2012, 06:00:13 PM »

Yep he was shaking with anger over it...but typical of what you have to go through to get a child out of care into a family.
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1460 on: December 10, 2012, 10:32:47 AM »

Have to agree with the adoption thing. What makes me sick is the utter scum who are allowed to have (give birth to) children with no checks at all yet people far more deserving have to go through all those hoops, often for no result.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1461 on: December 10, 2012, 11:12:21 AM »

My Wife and I  looked into adopting instead of having a second child of our own. We went to a presentation by the social workers and a couple who'd recently adopted. As this progressed, I soon realised that the whole process was one of dancing to the social workers tune. It seemed that the whole process was one of total disclosure(they go through all your bank statements/finacial arrangements) and that the smallest thing could jeopardise your chances of adopting. I knew for certain that if we ever got to the interview stage(seperate and together) that my playing poker was going to involve a major point of discussion. The look of horror on my wife's face told me that we wouldn't be proceeding any further with our application.
It's a real shame that so many people are put off adopting by an almost fanatical approach to ensuring that adoptees are not wrong 'uns and that so many kids spend so long in care due to the process taking 12-18 months to complete.

Cymru am byth
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1462 on: December 10, 2012, 12:42:02 PM »

Then there's the complete logic failure by this idiot:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/dec/10/conservative-mp-parents-gay-children

"I think most people are very tolerant and have no problem at all if people are gay but – and I hate to say this, in a way, because I expect it's going to cause controversy – but I think most parents would prefer their children not to be gay, knowing most parents want grandchildren if nothing else."

WTF?!!!

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: December 10, 2012, 12:53:37 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/dec/10/conservative-mp-parents-gay-children

"I think most people are very tolerant and have no problem at all if people are gay but – and I hate to say this, in a way, because I expect it's going to cause controversy – but I think most parents would prefer their children not to be gay, knowing most parents want grandchildren if nothing else."

WTF?!!!

Well Boshi, its nice to be PC and all that. But I'm pretty sure if you asked people behind closed doors the vast majority would tell you they would prefer their children not to be gay, so he isn't saying anything people don't think.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1464 on: December 10, 2012, 12:55:28 PM »

WTF?!!!

Well Boshi, its nice to be PC and all that. But I'm pretty sure if you asked people behind closed doors the vast majority would tell you they would prefer their children not to be gay, so he isn't saying anything people don't think.

What's that got to do with opposing gay marriage?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: December 10, 2012, 12:56:33 PM »

WTF?!!!

I was taking issue with you calling him an idiot for saying that, its probably the truth.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1466 on: December 10, 2012, 12:58:50 PM »

WTF?!!!

I was taking issue with you calling him an idiot for saying that, its probably the truth.

He's an idiot.  What has people not wanting their children to be gay got to do with gay marriage?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: December 10, 2012, 01:00:20 PM »

WTF?!!!

He's an idiot.  What has people not wanting their children to be gay got to do with gay marriage?

Already said, no idea. From the bit you quoted it looked like you were calling him an idiot for saying that.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1468 on: December 10, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »

WTF?!!!

Already said, no idea. From the bit you quoted it looked like you were calling him an idiot for saying that.

I'm calling him an idiot, because he is.  He's opposing gay marriage, and said what I quoted as part of his opposition to it.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: December 10, 2012, 01:06:47 PM »

WTF?!!!

I'm calling him an idiot, because he is.  He's opposing gay marriage, and said what I quoted as part of his opposition to it.

Ok as long as its not for the quote above then no big sweat.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: