blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:57:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 415809 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: February 03, 2013, 04:20:22 PM »

Peterborough fans enjoy the game?

I love football rivalries. Posh boys and their rugger ftw nonsense can gtf.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 03, 2013, 05:12:06 PM »

Back in the days of football violence, muggings, robbery, and general horrendous behaviour we now see every day was no where near the same, not saying football gangs prevented it, but being part of a crew with people to look up to, who wouldn't stand for that crap certainly stopped a lot of kids going totally off the rails. #justsayin

What do I get, no sleep at night.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 03, 2013, 05:30:20 PM »

Back in the days of football violence, muggings, robbery, and general horrendous behaviour we now see every day was no where near the same, not saying football gangs prevented it, but being part of a crew with people to look up to, who wouldn't stand for that crap certainly stopped a lot of kids going totally off the rails. #justsayin

#hogwash

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 03, 2013, 05:40:20 PM »

Peterborough fans enjoy the game?

I love football rivalries. Posh boys and their rugger ftw nonsense can gtf.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 03, 2013, 05:49:59 PM »

#hogwash

Not a football crew I've ever heard of Wink

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 03, 2013, 06:02:08 PM »

Back in the days of football violence, muggings, robbery, and general horrendous behaviour we now see every day was no where near the same

That is nonsense.

Not that the defence of football violence wasn't.
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 03, 2013, 06:57:21 PM »

Back in the days of football violence, muggings, robbery, and general horrendous behaviour we now see every day was no where near the same

That is nonsense.

Not really, back in the days there was a level of respect, you really think football gangs went round mugging etc, think you are just dismissing a point without really thinking about it, or discussing it.

Neither was I defending football violence, more the tribal element of it, and the fact that it was on the most part just involving those that wanted to be involved, unlike the random violence we hear and see these days.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 03, 2013, 07:37:44 PM »

That is nonsense.

Not really, back in the days there was a level of respect, you really think football gangs went round mugging etc, think you are just dismissing a point without really thinking about it, or discussing it.

Neither was I defending football violence, more the tribal element of it, and the fact that it was on the most part just involving those that wanted to be involved, unlike the random violence we hear and see these days.

I thought you were saying that there were fewer muggings and robberies and less horrendous behaviour in society in general in those days, which would be nonsense, as demonstrated by all statistics.

However, if you were referring to the level of such activities being carried out by football gangs in particular, I have no idea whether it has changed. I'd have thought that fewer muggings, etc in society, combined with fewer football gangs, would have meant a reduction in football gangs carrying out general crimes, but I accept that you may have more knowledge in this specific area.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:40:11 PM by MintTrav » Logged
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 03, 2013, 07:57:59 PM »

The way football attracts the biggest idiots. Why do fans have to be segregated to avoid fighting? Why do rival fans target other fans? Why do people lob coins at players?

Abs love the game btw but hate the way a large % of idiots behave, at all levels, all over the world.

Funny, I came here to have a little rant about people not being tribal about football. It's what its' about, or was until it became a 'family game', we (I mean real fans for want of a better word) don't want it to be an amaericanised hot dog fest. Football all over the world is tribal. Now don't get me wrong, some of the violence is so wrong I agree, but it was a working class game where men went to vent their weekly stresses on the terraces, that's gone from English football now, well maybe not from the lower leagues. Football fans fighting football fans is just part of that, violence never spread beyond the confines of supporters versus supporters, if you didn't want in you didn't go in colours, simple.

Lobbing coins at players, random violence against those not involved, and attacks with knives, axes, or any weapons in general and many other idiot moves can be found away from football and no way do I condone this, but some good old banter, and the atmosphere created by separated fans is what made football for most real fans go for, it's a release, take that away and the games just going to be some watered down crap full of prawn sandwich eating idiots with more money than sense.

rant over

the view that if you did not want trouble you did not get it is very blinkered at best

having pints of piss thrown over you for being in a section of the crowd is a fairly minor example
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 03, 2013, 08:16:26 PM »

The way football attracts the biggest idiots. Why do fans have to be segregated to avoid fighting? Why do rival fans target other fans? Why do people lob coins at players?

Abs love the game btw but hate the way a large % of idiots behave, at all levels, all over the world.

Funny, I came here to have a little rant about people not being tribal about football. It's what its' about, or was until it became a 'family game', we (I mean real fans for want of a better word) don't want it to be an amaericanised hot dog fest. Football all over the world is tribal. Now don't get me wrong, some of the violence is so wrong I agree, but it was a working class game where men went to vent their weekly stresses on the terraces, that's gone from English football now, well maybe not from the lower leagues. Football fans fighting football fans is just part of that, violence never spread beyond the confines of supporters versus supporters, if you didn't want in you didn't go in colours, simple.

Lobbing coins at players, random violence against those not involved, and attacks with knives, axes, or any weapons in general and many other idiot moves can be found away from football and no way do I condone this, but some good old banter, and the atmosphere created by separated fans is what made football for most real fans go for, it's a release, take that away and the games just going to be some watered down crap full of prawn sandwich eating idiots with more money than sense.

rant over

the view that if you did not want trouble you did not get it is very blinkered at best

having pints of piss thrown over you for being in a section of the crowd is a fairly minor example

Think i've had this violence discussion before here, and I did day that there we're and always will be the idiots that took violence beyond the football crews, they we're usually dealt with accordingly by the crews, so I disagree it's a blinkered view, would you expand on what prompted you to comment in that manner?

And the piss throwing was way back in this discussion and in relation to me reflex attitude to scousers, so kinda irrelevant to the current discussion.

jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 03, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »

That is nonsense.

I thought you were saying that there were fewer muggings and robberies and less horrendous behaviour in society in general in those days, which would be nonsense, as demonstrated by all statistics.

However, if you were referring to the level of such activities being carried out by football gangs in particular, I have no idea whether it has changed. I'd have thought that fewer muggings, etc in society, combined with fewer football gangs, would have meant a reduction in football gangs carrying out general crimes, but I accept that you may have more knowledge in this specific area.

Not sure I have the time to comment on what you imply or statistics you refer to, but I will just say this, the UK is a lot more dangerous now and the level of violence more extreme, than it was in the past. Just ask anyone living in or near inner cities, it's nonsense to think otherwise. Kids have a lot less respect for elders and authority, and are a lot quicker to use much more extreme violence.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1571 on: February 03, 2013, 10:27:41 PM »

The statistics don't back up your argument. MintTrav is correct. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 03, 2013, 10:40:15 PM »

Yeah, ok. Thanks for the input. So many stabbings and shootings in the 80's I must have missed. Had the statistics argument here before, do you believe everything you read from the government?

Just wanted to add, i've looked I'm not condoning violence, at football matches or anywhere, pisses me off when I get mis-quoted or black/white answers and people stating facts and statistics that are debatable.

That's all, peace out.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:20:36 AM by jackinbeat » Logged

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 04, 2013, 09:45:58 AM »

rant over

Think i've had this violence discussion before here, and I did day that there we're and always will be the idiots that took violence beyond the football crews, they we're usually dealt with accordingly by the crews, so I disagree it's a blinkered view, would you expand on what prompted you to comment in that manner?

And the piss throwing was way back in this discussion and in relation to me reflex attitude to scousers, so kinda irrelevant to the current discussion.

remembered why i dont bother usually getting involved in things like this

what prompted me? it is a forum were i believe the idea is to exchange views

your posts have an aggressive tone in my opinion so i will leave you to it
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1574 on: February 04, 2013, 10:02:57 AM »

Yeah, ok. Thanks for the input. So many stabbings and shootings in the 80's I must have missed. Had the statistics argument here before, do you believe everything you read from the government?

Just wanted to add, i've looked I'm not condoning violence, at football matches or anywhere, pisses me off when I get mis-quoted or black/white answers and people stating facts and statistics that are debatable.

That's all, peace out.

LOL.  You know nothing about my knowledge of the subject, and where my information comes from (a good friend of mine who is a Professor of Criminology by the way, who has written extensive papers on the subject and is paid handsomely for his research and writings) - but I'll bow down to the wisdom of someone who views football hooliganism through rose-tinted glasses and thinks that football discussions should be centred around bile and hatred.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: