blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:39:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 413631 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: August 22, 2012, 09:45:10 AM »

My wife said to me the other day whilst we were in a public park that someone's dog should be on a lead. I said that was stupid and where were dogs meant to exercise and run around. She tried to convince me it's the law but I was not having that.

I have a lot of sympathy for dog owners and keep my kids on the lead as much as I can

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 22, 2012, 08:36:05 PM »

No he's right: dogs OFTEN bite people. You know, often. A high proportion of the time, when let off a lead, a dog will bite someone.

I mean there is a report every few weeks of a dog biting someone and there are only 10.5million dogs in the UK. And not all of the incidents are reported, so if someone is bitten by a dog every day, that's 365 incidents.

Roll Eyes

Genuinely one of the most absurd statements I've read on this forum.

Dogs do often bite people. 6,000 people a year are hospitalised in the UK due to attacks by dogs. That's in-patients - not A&E.

In total, 250,000 are bitten badly enough to get medical treatment, usually from A&E or GP. Over 20,000 of those are facial injuries.

How many would you add on for minor bites where people don't feel the need for medical treatment - the same again?

Looks like you're the one making the absurd statements, estimating the number of attacks at a thousandth of the actual.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 22, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »

No he's right: dogs OFTEN bite people. You know, often. A high proportion of the time, when let off a lead, a dog will bite someone.

I mean there is a report every few weeks of a dog biting someone and there are only 10.5million dogs in the UK. And not all of the incidents are reported, so if someone is bitten by a dog every day, that's 365 incidents.

Roll Eyes

Dogs do often bite people. 6,000 people a year are hospitalised in the UK due to attacks by dogs. That's in-patients - not A&E.

In total, 250,000 are bitten badly enough to get medical treatment, usually from A&E or GP. Over 20,000 of those are facial injuries.

How many would you add on for minor bites where people don't feel the need for medical treatment - the same again?

Looks like you're the one making the absurd statements, estimating the number of attacks at a thousandth of the actual.

This is a sensitive subject, so I shall back down and say I'm sorry that I have caused offence. Responsible dog ownership should allow for the majority of dogs to be able to run around off the lead in open public spaces. Whilst I disagree with your conclusion, I should absolutely have responded in a more respectful manner, perhaps being less eager to be quick on the draw.

Owners should know their dog and make sensible calculations on whether it is safe. Being off the lead is fun for the dog after all and the vast majority of situations in which a dog comes into contact with a human don't lead to anything more than a pat, a tail wag and a smile.

A packed beach is much less conducive to a dog friendly environment than a beach with half a dozen people and dogs in the morning. Again, comes back to responsible dog ownership and, rather than discuss the statistics further, let's at least find common ground there.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 22, 2012, 09:31:45 PM »

Dogs.

All of this.

Edit-Taking a page out of maccol's book.
Wrote out a long reply in opposition of dogs and lolbad dogowners but I will be trying to preach to the nonconvertible.
Bedtime.Take care.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 22, 2012, 09:34:20 PM »

Dogs.

All of this.

Edit-Taking a page out of maccol's book.
Wrote out a long reply in opposition of dogs and lolbad dogowners but I will be trying to preach to the nonconvertible.
Bedtime.Take care.

Anyone who goes to parks with kids knows they are the absolute bane of our lives..shit everywhere..
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 22, 2012, 09:38:23 PM »

Roll Eyes

This is a sensitive subject, so I shall back down and say I'm sorry that I have caused offence. Responsible dog ownership should allow for the majority of dogs to be able to run around off the lead in open public spaces. Whilst I disagree with your conclusion, I should absolutely have responded in a more respectful manner, perhaps being less eager to be quick on the draw.
Thanks for that.

Owners should know their dog and make sensible calculations on whether it is safe. Being off the lead is fun for the dog after all and the vast majority of situations in which a dog comes into contact with a human don't lead to anything more than a pat, a tail wag and a smile.
Absolutely. Between ¼-½ million times a year it will lead to an attack, but I accept that, with 10 million dogs, the number of times it will be a lovely experience which enhances the lives of all involved will be in the billions.

A packed beach is much less conducive to a dog friendly environment than a beach with half a dozen people and dogs in the morning. Again, comes back to responsible dog ownership and, rather than discuss the statistics further, let's at least find common ground there.
Agreed. Let's shake on it.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 22, 2012, 09:54:25 PM »

Done.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 23, 2012, 04:23:49 PM »

Bookies not paying out winning bets!

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/british-bookmakers-won-t-pay-grandmother-winning-bet-165243779--oly.html?code=AQAep2YA02DO9JZjzkbk8irMrp5sway01ISPC0WiPJ8-NiWcDI8NzuPE4KG3sid5nelgcqYqaBwcTQWEIwhtzN1J-01cJaO4Gj-S-dpcoPDcMXlpQqKbmbnFRlxJJbJq8dOlmgxHeiz_LhMTFd5_YWoZwKe5Fr_2dNG_R3Xg4VwoR1GyJYIMQ-rv02J9t0RHagA#_=_

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 23, 2012, 07:08:57 PM »

Love the fact that it concludes with, should pay the grandma. Shouldn't matter who the bet is for, if its ambiguous in the T&Cs good luck getting paid. IBAS are disgraceful as well.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 24, 2012, 02:47:45 PM »

Moved house about 3 months ago, bank (natwest) said they were more than happy to extend our mortgage after we moved no worries. Fast forward today and they reversed their decision. Kinda screwed now, no extra day in nursery for kid just the free 15hours and having to cut back on everything. I am fuming, no poker roll either to start earning the extra i need Sad) bannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnks.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1330 on: August 25, 2012, 10:23:24 AM »

mice
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1331 on: August 26, 2012, 09:47:22 PM »

Getting car insurance quotes 

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
discomonkey

View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 27, 2012, 02:26:47 AM »

people that complain about where they live, move somewhere else and proceed to complain about that place as well saying how much they look forward to visitng the other place.... my sister in law does it and it tilts the shit out of me.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 27, 2012, 02:32:54 AM »

people that complain about where they live, move somewhere else and proceed to complain about that place as well saying how much they look forward to visitng the other place.... my sister in law does it and it tilts the shit out of me.
Karl you have been on nearly every thread tonight from car insurance to pha to things that piss you off. Is it magic mushroom season already Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
discomonkey

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 27, 2012, 03:20:04 AM »

as i posted in your much appreciated thread, i need 300 posts, but obv the mods need them to be legit ( i hear they hate spam), so im trying to be a good lad and stick to the rules.... painful though
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: