blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:28:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  First Post....50p presumably?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Post....50p presumably?  (Read 1191 times)
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2011, 10:55:48 AM »

Live £1/£3 cash game at the Vic.

Hero playing £310, villain covers. Think it's just a cooler in which case pop me the details for where to send the 50p, but just wanted piece of mind that nobody finds a fold here....Critique of all decisions please?

Preflop

UTG limps (out of c£300), UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 (Villain) raises to £15. UTG+3 folds, I flat call with  . Folds round, SB (fish) calls (out of c£150), BB folds, limper calls.

Flop (Pot £63)

Two Clubs

2 Checks to the raiser, who leads £30. I flat in position, SB calls, limper folds.

Turn (Pot £153)

Two Clubs three clubs

SB is all in for £100.

At this point the OR takes a bit of time, before asking (very calmly) how much the bet is. He dwells for a while before announcing a call, counting out chips into the pot a short while after.

We, playing £265 do?

(a) A fold
(b) A call
(c) A raise all-in

Likely holdings for SB/Villain, if at all possible judging without the fact this is clearly a whinge thread...

Thanks, and sorry for being a lurker for so long.

Ed

Allez!!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 11:30:39 AM »

any info on the villain here?

Obv a fold is very difficult to find but if villain is rockymcrockrock from Rocksville and he has been shouting "Man, I'm even more rocky than usual today!" you could argue that he is ahead of you.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
edgascoigne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »

We've been playing a little over an hour. Two hands of note. One where I flopped top set on a -Jh-6x board, he led into me after I 3bet preflop, I raised the flop, he flatted and then check folded the non-heart turn, showing Ah-6h. The other where he had to show down 8-high in a 4-way limped pot after barrelling the river oop when the board double paired.

Nothing to suggest he's anything out of the ordinary in ability, creativity or 'rockiness'.

Allez!!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 01:45:44 PM »

Hi Ed,

I wouldn't be worried about the SB here. I'd be worried about what the OR has, he could easily have us beat, then again he could easily not.

I'd flat call the 100. Because with the dry side pot, the raiser is going to play very straight forward on the river and it'll be easy for us to tell then whether or not he has dem aces or Khigh flush. I can't see him ever shoving the river into a dry side pot a) with worse flushes or b) turning AK into a bluff or anything funky.

Pre is fine, I'd be 3betting this villain-dependant some % of the time too.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 01:51:54 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 01:48:09 PM »

unless he has 45cc you were never ahead so can probs get away with keeping the 50p

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
edgascoigne

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 02:23:39 PM »

Thanks all.

My concern about the SB was literally zero - put him on a pair with a club.

Alex - I put it in there and then with the (probably flawed) justification of getting value from Ax  ........ also thinking that if I flatted the £100 there would be £450 in the pot on the river which, if he set me in, would see me getting c£620 to my £170.....to which I'm simply not good enough to fold assuming the river bricks out.

[ ] Worked out well. He did indeed have dem aces.

Cheers, Ed

Allez!!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 02:26:15 PM »

Hi Ed,

I wouldn't be worried about the SB here. I'd be worried about what the OR has, he could easily have us beat, then again he could easily not.
I'd flat call the 100. Because with the dry side pot, the raiser is going to play very straight forward on the river and it'll be easy for us to tell then whether or not he has dem aces or Khigh flush. I can't see him ever shoving the river into a dry side pot a) with worse flushes or b) turning AK into a bluff or anything funky.

Genius.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 02:34:14 PM »

Hi Ed,

Genius.

£50 an hour for some, free for you Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 02:50:58 PM »

Hi Ed,

Genius.

£50 an hour for some, free for you Cheesy

I think Matt's been robbed.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: