blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:59:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 143200 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: May 09, 2012, 08:55:51 AM »

Archie is teething.  Poor Lad just hasn't been himself the last couple of days and I had an inkling that was the problem.  Sure enough, give him an ice cube to chew on and he's ok again for a bit.  This morning Jack decided to add a new twist to the ice cubes by adding a few pieces of food to them.  They're not frozen through yet so Archie has to wait til after lunch to try them...

Click to see full-size image.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 09, 2012, 09:05:18 AM »

Another batch of dog treats are in the oven too.  Archie really does enjoy them.  With other treats he just inhales and they're gone, but he seems to proper savour the home made ones.  They last a whole few minutes.  That's a lifetime in the Labrador's world of food. 

I forgot to take a pic before they went in the oven, but here's what they look like after an hour.  Will take another picture once they're finished 'cooking'. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 11, 2012, 08:44:04 AM »

We've spent a few bob on various toys for Archie since he arrived.  Last night was his first outing to Pets at Home.  We were mainly going for the big bags of dog food, yet three more toys managed to find their way into the shopping cart as well.  I wouldn't mind, but all that money spent on toys...and today he's playing with floating dandelion seeds.  Go figure.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 26, 2013, 04:38:05 PM »

Last post - May 11, 2012?!  Blimey, it's been a while.

Pleno reminded me of this thread today and I was just having a read through some of the earlier pages.  I've been giggling at some of it and now the boys are looking at me like I'm nuts.  Amazing how time flies, but some things never change.   

That said, so much HAS changed since last year.  I finally managed the divorce, then got engaged and now we're planning a move to America.  My three kids all get along well with Jack.  Even SinĂ©ad    They're doing great in school and uni and talking about joining us in America once they're finished getting their degrees. 

Most people already know this, but we also got a second dog.  Fib's his name and he and Archie are great friends.  All in all, a very good 18 months with plenty to smile about. 

We've lots going on over the next 8 - 10 months and it'd be nice to keep some sort of record of it as we go.  Interaction kind of fizzled out last time, so don't be shy FFS!  Ask away, comment away, you name it...hit me with it and we might have some fun along the way. 

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 26, 2013, 08:00:13 PM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

New diary!
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1040 on: October 26, 2013, 08:23:55 PM »

Interaction kind of fizzled out last time, so don't be shy FFS!  Ask away, comment away, you name it...hit me with it and we might have some fun along the way. 

What's for pudding?

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 26, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

New diary!

Well, more like ...resurrected diary.  lol  

Not sure WTF happened to all the pics I'd posted.  Still have the same photobucket account and haven't changed anything that I'm aware of, so that kinda bites.  Will make sure future posts don't rely on pb though.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 26, 2013, 08:26:05 PM »

Interaction kind of fizzled out last time, so don't be shy FFS!  Ask away, comment away, you name it...hit me with it and we might have some fun along the way. 

What's for pudding?

You already had your pudding!  Besides, some of us are on a diet, ya know.  xx

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 26, 2013, 08:46:02 PM »

So we got Archie on St. Paddy's Day of last year.  We joined the local morning dog walking group, his house training was coming along grand and he even came when called...occasionally.  He was four months old last time I posted.  

During the summer I got a mad fit and decided Archie needed a pal.  He was having so much fun with other dogs at the park and I just felt like he was maybe a bit bored sometimes at home.  Didn't take much to convince Jack and we were on the hunt.  

One catch.  Jack wanted another black lab and I wanted something different.  Not a chocolate  lab because I've never met one that wasn't absolutely tapped in the head.  Yellow is grand, but they're a bit loopy.  Marley springs to mind.  During the puppy hunt, I got my head set on a 'fox red' coloured lab.  Had no idea just how hard it would be to find one!  But we got there in the end.  Meet Fib...

« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:03:35 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 26, 2013, 08:55:39 PM »

And here's a more recent action shot...

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1045 on: October 26, 2013, 08:57:26 PM »

Couldn't resist a red dog eh?

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 26, 2013, 09:38:07 PM »

Couldn't resist a red dog eh?

Now that ya mention it...

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 26, 2013, 09:44:39 PM »

For a while we weren't sure what to make of Fib.  He really was as thick as they come.  Can't say that he's suddenly acquired the intelligence gene, but he's grown on us and we adore his silly ways now.  Apart from his ability to take over 2/3 of our super king size bed.  Not so keen on that.  I don't know how he manages it, but the lil shit sure can stretch!  After a restless night of sleep and just about the time I'm ready to strangle him in the morning, he turns up with his party piece...

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 26, 2013, 11:33:01 PM »

Jack's just gone walking the boys and it's raining out.  I can't be arsed to get up and take a new photo of the get-up he wears in the autumn rain, but here's the summer version.  Crocodile Dundee, eat your heart out...

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 27, 2013, 12:11:19 AM »

Meet the Folks

Jack and I went to Ohio last October.  He'd been to another part of the state on business back in '99.  Pretty sure he never expected to be meeting his future in-laws in the same state...13 years later.  We'd booked him for 11 days and I stayed for three weeks.  Jack seemed excited to meet everyone.  I was nervous as anything.

My mom is retired and my step-dad is in a high position with the company he works for, which means he can pretty much come and go as he pleases.  My sister does what she likes mostly and my brother took time off work to visit from New Jersey.  There was going to be A LOT of family time.  lol

The whole visit was a bit odd for me.  I still wasn't officially divorced and here I was introducing my new boyfriend.  Awkward much?  I seemed to be reciting the downfalls of Irish law at every turn.  (You must be separated for at least 4 years before you can even apply for a divorce...and then it takes at least another year to finalise it.)  Once that was out of the way, the confused looks and uncomfortable silence disappeared.  Phew!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:35:49 AM by Laxie » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: