blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:53:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 143255 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2011, 02:44:23 PM »

Grand Prix.  OMG it's shite.  And it's on the telly today.  FML.  Give me a good game of rugby any day over this rubbish where they drive round and round in circles.  Listening to the commentators is about the only entertaining aspect of this Grand Prix stuff.  They obv don't get out much to hear the excitement in their voices as one ape passes out another on the track.  Sigh.  Think I'll go paint the hallway.
No it's not and No it's not.
:-)

I dunno what it was called tbh.  Just know it was a bunch of motorbikes riding around in circles...and YES - it's shite.  The car races are rubbish too, but then ye already knew that.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2011, 03:33:19 PM »

Why waste in the first place?  Buy the proper amount and ya won't have to worry about 'use by' 'sell by' or any of that rubbish. 

But ketchup very deffo belongs in the fridge .

You're a murkin FFS. You should know better.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2011, 06:01:58 PM »

Why waste in the first place?  Buy the proper amount and ya won't have to worry about 'use by' 'sell by' or any of that rubbish. 

I've had to toss things with military precision (ie - when he's not looking).  Been caught once or twice which caused the debate you lot are carrying on with now. 

And ketchup very deffo belongs OUT of the fridge.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2011, 06:06:13 PM »

I've had to toss things with military precision (ie - when he's not looking).  Been caught once or twice which caused the debate you lot are carrying on with now. 

And ketchup very deffo belongs OUT of the fridge.

They were things I found in the cupboards when I went cleaning them out.  He'd tinned fruit with a date of 2004 ffs!!!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2011, 06:44:19 PM »

Eggs in the fridge.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2011, 06:46:03 PM »

Eggs in the fridge.

no!!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2011, 06:55:45 PM »

That's a tricky one.  Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  Wonder what the correct storage is for them?  Like, proper correct...ie not one of Tighty's silly theories.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2011, 06:57:42 PM »

That's a tricky one.  Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  Wonder what the correct storage is for them?  Like, proper correct...ie not one of Tighty's silly theories.

it'll say on the box to refrigerate after purchase.  but they're not kept in the fridge in the shops, and any foodie will tell you to store them at room temp

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2011, 08:41:58 PM »

it'll say on the box to refrigerate after purchase.  but they're not kept in the fridge in the shops, and any foodie will tell you to store them at room temp

This. Our eggs are only in the fridge because we don't have any room in the cupboards for them...mainly because we keep the ketchup where it belongs (i.e. Not in the fridge)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2011, 12:04:00 AM »

people who keep eggs in the fridge are double morons. firstly it's completely unnecessary. if they were supposed to be refrigerated then don't you think shops would have them in fridges rather than storing them at dangerous ambient temperatures that risk killing their customers?

secondly you should cook eggs from room temp so if you want to get the best from them you need to leave them to sit while you wait for them to warm up

while we're at it who keeps bread in the fridge? well you're all morons too. it goes off quicker in a fridge than at room temp but so many peeps insist on doing it anyway

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2011, 12:18:56 AM »

Eggs definitely out of fridge

tomato ketchup most definitely out of fridge. Who wants to put extremely cold red sauce on hot food? room temperature sauce is bearable but refrigerated sauce? Just a no no

Sandwiches are a snack. Though looking at the length of time Laxie took to eat a sandwich recently one lunchtime so offended my sensibilities I almost took the plate off her. Hurry up woman, its food not a museum piece to be admired and pushed round the plate

MotoGp is deathly dull. Very very boring. Grand Prix's are not. Unless in Valencia, Hungaroring or Bahrain. Down to tracks and conditions (and aero and mechanical grip)

Good night

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2011, 04:58:13 AM »

people who keep eggs in the fridge are double morons. firstly it's completely unnecessary. if they were supposed to be refrigerated then don't you think shops would have them in fridges rather than storing them at dangerous ambient temperatures that risk killing their customers?

Ambient temperature in a shop is usually below 20°, if the ambient temperature rises above that eggs will go off quickly and bacteria present will multiply rapidly.

secondly you should cook eggs from room temp so if you want to get the best from them you need to leave them to sit while you wait for them to warm up

Actually, for consistent results it's easier to cook refrigerated eggs. Cooking from room temperature means different cooking times.

while we're at it who keeps bread in the fridge? well you're all morons too. it goes off quicker in a fridge than at room temp but so many peeps insist on doing it anyway

Again in warmer, humid conditions bread will go off far quicker than if it's refrigerated. FACT.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2011, 05:45:11 AM »

Actually, for consistent results it's easier to cook refrigerated eggs. Cooking from room temperature means different cooking times.

This is good, I get to disagree with everyone.

You should cook eggs from room temperature, and you should refrigerate them and take them out hours before you need them so they warm up.

I don't bother with this because I like a house with a cooler ambient temperature and the eggs don't stay around long before they get eaten anyway, but the warmer the house and the longer it takes to get through a carton of eggs - the more imperative there is to store them in the fridge.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2011, 08:03:59 AM »

Again in warmer, humid conditions bread will go off far quicker than if it's refrigerated. FACT.

Sigh, who the hell keeps bread for more than a day or two?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2011, 10:08:10 AM »

Sigh, who the hell keeps bread for more than a day or two?

You can't argue with what I said, I put FACT on the end.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: