blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:00:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272620 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 143243 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2011, 05:31:39 PM »

Truth is:

Men with a woman in their life haven't a clue - they only eat stuff in date because the woman in question will throw out stuff past its sell by date.  And single men put the sore belly down to alcohol.....

C, C always C - unless you're skint, why would you take the risk?

utter, utter nonsense. how do you cope with fruit/veg from markets or cakes from the cake shop that don't come printed with best before dates? common sense would be my guess

If there's no sell by date, it has to be common sense.  But common sense would also say to me that the date is there for a reason.......

Boldie has a BBE date - I'm sure it's something like 1982.

shhh, don't make MrsB throw me out.

Jack's threatening to stick a 'best before' date on himself to see will I toss him out when the time comes. 

As for the question...I'd be a B kinda girl at best and C when I'm in one of my over efficient modes.  Jack is very deffo an A man.  I've had to toss things with military precision (ie - when he's not looking).  Been caught once or twice which caused the debate you lot are carrying on with now. 

Now then, forgetting food for a minute.  Kin has nearly hit on my next one...what would you lot say about medicines and the like with dates on them?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2011, 05:35:28 PM »

Depends on what the medicine is.  I don't really take much in the way of medicine, but I wouldn't be worried about taking a paracetamol or indigestion tablet if it was a year out of date.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2011, 06:23:22 PM »

I think the pills I took were Solpadol 500mg. Over a year out of date and absolutely fine.

I tend to trust the boys and girls at Harvard and they agree..it's fine

http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/updates/update1103a.shtml

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2011, 06:25:54 PM »

definitely A for the food, particularly with 'best before' rather that 'use by' dates.  The only reason they're on there is because they have to be by law. A lot of stuff with long best before dates that won't actually go off will simply be repackaged once it's past the date if it's still not gone to retailers.  Certainly would have no issues eating tinned stuff, for example, well past the best before date, as long as it looks ok once i've opened it.

medicines i'd happily take within a few years of end by date.

haven't read the daily mail article about beauty products, but same as with food, you can tell if a body lotion or something has 'gone off'.  Given that I wear make up about once a month most of my stuff is years old.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2011, 06:27:04 PM »

just reminded me - my mum gave my brother some ralgex to use at the weekend and after he'd sprayed it on he noticed the expiry date was 12/2001.  I'm gonna check to see if his leg has fallen off or anything.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2011, 06:56:58 PM »

My wife works in a Brewery (I love my life)

She once phoned me up and said some bottled beer had gone "out of date" and they couldn't sell it but were offering it cheap to staff.

I bought 40 cases Smiley

p.s. option A everytime for best before
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2011, 08:46:26 PM »

Oh dear, as predicted there seems to be some serious pwnage ITT.

Not sayin', just sayin'.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
mickyp

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2011, 10:11:07 PM »

Another day, another DIY project being researched.  This time we're looking into sorting the flat roof on the garden shed.  I've stumbled on to this stuff called EPDM rubber roof.  No worries about losing a layer of skin to hot liquids poured wrong and installation seems simple enough.  I've googled mad and bookmarked a few sites, but if anyone has personal experience using the stuff, opinions welcomed.  Be great to get the lawn mower out of the front hall and back into the shed!
This is my line of work dawn.If your only wanting to patch the roof up, this stuff may last for a couple of years max.Is it a felt flat roof at present ?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »

She once phoned me up and said some bottled beer had gone "out of date" and they couldn't sell it but were offering it cheap to staff.

I bought 40 cases Smiley

You're from Scotland, right?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2011, 10:28:55 PM »

I bought 40 cases Smiley

You're from Scotland, right?

Yeah, that's why it only lasted him a week

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2011, 11:35:13 PM »

Another day, another DIY project being researched.  This time we're looking into sorting the flat roof on the garden shed.  I've stumbled on to this stuff called EPDM rubber roof.  No worries about losing a layer of skin to hot liquids poured wrong and installation seems simple enough.  I've googled mad and bookmarked a few sites, but if anyone has personal experience using the stuff, opinions welcomed.  Be great to get the lawn mower out of the front hall and back into the shed!
This is my line of work dawn.If your only wanting to patch the roof up, this stuff may last for a couple of years max.Is it a felt flat roof at present ?

It is...in theory.  Goodly bit of it not exactly functional.  End of day, the lot needs to be replaced.  Timbers as well.  Hence the rubber thing.  I'm not a rubber fetish girl, honest.  All about the roof.  Really...it is.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2011, 11:37:24 PM »

It is...in theory.  Goodly bit of it not exactly functional.  End of day, the lot needs to be replaced.  Timbers as well.  Hence the rubber thing.  I'm not a rubber fetish girl, honest.  All about the roof.  Really...it is.

Roof fetish imo

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2011, 02:32:23 PM »

So say a jar of dip was opened with a bb4 date of 2012 but it also says on a lot of them use within 4 weeks of opening?..

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2011, 04:05:32 PM »

I always toss out after the X number of days post opening a jar if it says to.  They're generally bang on anyway and you'll notice green things growing if you try to push out the limits.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2011, 04:07:45 PM »

what about ketchup?  that says store in the fridge and use within 6 weeks.  does anyone actually do either of those things?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: