blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:43:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 143183 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: November 27, 2011, 04:43:32 PM »

At some point in the night, a few of them found their way to the poker room.  I was officially unable for poker at that stage, but did manage to chat with a local character.  Don't remember what his name is, but we had a good laugh with him.

Click to see full-size image.

Have no idea how the rest managed to keep going.  We'd been up, travelling and hanging out with a goodly while by now.  I was fit for only one thing at that stage...sleep!

Steve, plays all the promos on the strip Harrahs, Flamingo, IP  aces cracked etc. Bumped into him a few times. Nice chap

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 27, 2011, 04:45:41 PM »

I was trying to get a shot of Tighty, Darren Shallis and Ger Jr., but Tighty thought he'd try and hide 'out of shot'.  Yeah, nice try.  

Early days when most were still talking sense...

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 27, 2011, 04:47:08 PM »

I'm beginning to see a pattern developing....

Shocking, isn't it?   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 27, 2011, 04:49:45 PM »

At some point in the night, a few of them found their way to the poker room.  I was officially unable for poker at that stage, but did manage to chat with a local character.  Don't remember what his name is, but we had a good laugh with him.

Have no idea how the rest managed to keep going.  We'd been up, travelling and hanging out with a goodly while by now.  I was fit for only one thing at that stage...sleep!

Steve, plays all the promos on the strip Harrahs, Flamingo, IP  aces cracked etc. Bumped into him a few times. Nice chap

Ah, excellent!  Thanks for that.  He was really nice to our motley crew on the night.  I told him I'd be posting his picture too so you can let him know if you're speaking to him again.  He's famous now!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 27, 2011, 05:01:42 PM »

Things get a bit hazy in Frank's Tiki Bar.  Joobs had the barman making up drinks on her whim.  She was pulling the 'bride card' at every turn!  lol  I'd no clue what to drink there so decided 'around the menu' was the best course of action.  [ ] Good idea.  Jack fell asleep in the loo...a few times.  Not to worry, Ger dragged him out each time.  Tighty got lucky...almost.  Ger Jr. was still grinning at being asked for ID.  Supernova was one of the sensible ones.  God help us all.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 27, 2011, 05:03:51 PM »

And breeeeeeathe...

Up to our eyeballs on killer cocktails, we headed off to McMullan's for a more civil round of it...

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 27, 2011, 05:12:42 PM »

There was this one time....at band camp.

The guy was good

And kept us entertained

But eventually Curly had to show him how it's done in our part of the world...

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 27, 2011, 05:41:36 PM »

I didn't take photos during my time in the APAT event.  Which means basically no photos for Saturday AND Sunday.  Yep, you read right...she said, "AND".  Made a day two and the final table.  Who woulda thunk it?    

Being the American leg of the tour, I was sooooo keen to take this one down.  But alas, it wasn't to be and I busted out in 6th place.  

One key hand was probably the make or break for me on the final table.  I folded pre.  Darren Shallis was there and said it was a snap re-shove.  He said it before we even saw a flop for the hand too, so it wasn't a hindsight shout by him.  He was right...I should have and would have won a monster pot too.  But tournaments aren't won on should'ves, would'ves and could'ves.  

Ah well, as results go, I'm still pretty happy with it.  Icing on the cake?  I won the last longer between Jack and I!!!  

The Live Updates threads from the event were done by Tighty over on APAT and were an excellent read.  They can be found here

DAY 1
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=10018.msg162979#msg162979

DAY 2
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=10033.msg163418#msg163418

Well done to all the final table and especially the top 3 Lads!  Was a really nice tournament to play and look forward to the next one now I've broken the APAT Day2/FT curse.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 05:45:28 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 27, 2011, 05:49:56 PM »

After the APAT FT, some of us decided to have a few quiet drinks before calling it a night.  It had been a long couple of days grinding the poker and I'd to get up early next day to help Joobs with her wedding.  No more energy left, we stayed close to 'home' and found ourselves back at Carnival Court.

Jack, Ger, Ger Jr. and Delboy

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 27, 2011, 05:58:52 PM »

So there we were, minding our own business, having a couple of quiet drinks when this crowd turned up at the tables next to us.  You couldn't help but stare.  Seriously.  It was a scene out of Jersey Shore ffs!  Eventually I couldn't take it any more and told Delboy I was getting a picture of them before the night was out.  No sooner had the words come out of me mouth when one of the beefcake dudes landed over with a camera asking would I mind taking a couple of pictures for them. 

"Sure, as long as ya don't mind me taking one with my camera too."

"Hey, no problem!"

Chisels and fake tan at the ready...

Half their group were giving me thank you hugs when it was over.  "Yeah, sure.  My pleasure.  Just mind the neck ffs."

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #700 on: November 27, 2011, 06:01:58 PM »

Ah well, as results go, I'm still pretty happy with it.  Icing on the cake?  I won the last longer between Jack and I!!!  

And she won $650 too!

On the last longer front, I finished just behind her in 12th, one off the bubble. I was unlucky to go when my AK was beaten by AQ and TT was beaten by A4. I was happy with how I played and never got my chips in behind on either day. So to paraphrase, she's just a lucky fish. 

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 27, 2011, 06:10:31 PM »

To be fair, the standard of play by the Yanks was abso shocking!  As long as ya didn't find yerself on the wrong side of an outdraw, free chips to be had all over the shop.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 27, 2011, 06:25:51 PM »

Roll on Monday morning.  Showered and dressed for the wedding, I was out the door and on my way to Joobs by 7:45.  Made a couple of stops along the way for champagne and breakfast nibbles and was to her place not long after. 

She'd booked someone to do her make-up and I was to do her hair, but RichEO and his girlfriend got her the gift of someone who could do the lot in the one go.  Took pressure off me, so happy days!

Took some time to get her into the dress.  The steamer crowd had done the 'favour' of lacing it up for us...without her in it.  [ ] Cheers lads.  Unlacing a dress under pressure is no easy task, let me tell ya.  Between myself, Joobs and her Mom, we held it together and got the job done.

Joobs and her Mom

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 27, 2011, 06:26:58 PM »

I told her to behave and act like a girl for the day.  Chat went well....

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 27, 2011, 06:27:59 PM »

Ahhhh, that's better...

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: