blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:55:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 143108 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: December 11, 2011, 06:22:36 PM »

Fair play to him, he didn't once complain.  Not on the Sunday watching the first three and not on my birthday when he took me to see the fourth.  Little did I know, it would come back to haunt me. 

The topic of Christmas movies came up in the past week and he discovered I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life or White Christmas.  He has insisted I must watch those and can't believe I've managed to go so long without.  I was pretty ok going without to be honest.  But he played ball with Twilight, so I'm going to hang in there through the old time Christmas stuff. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 11, 2011, 06:44:45 PM »

So tonight is the final X Factor Final.  Makes no sense, right?  Actually, it makes perfect sense.  Kind of.

Last night was supposed to be the start of the final with tonight being the end.  But somehow we had a mini semi final thrown into the mix last night.  Are you confused?  It's your own fault.  You lot keep looking for credit for creating the English language so what the heck were ye thinking calling it the Final when it wasn't?  Good thing I've mellowed.  Six months ago that would've tilted me to the high heavens.  

Little Mix have it sewn up.  Probably.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 11, 2011, 11:01:54 PM »

And there ya have it.  In a [ ] shock result....Little Mix take it down.  Well done them.  Hope for their sake this isn't the last time we hear from them.  I'm not bothered either way really, but it would be nice to think a winner actually 'won' out of the deal for a change.  Feel bad for Marcus because he appears to be a nice kid.  That said, the second place finisher usually does better than first anyway once the dust settles.  He should be fine.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 12, 2011, 11:25:32 AM »

What to do and how to do it?!  My brain is all in a heap!

Now we've solar panels, I'm trying to use things properly.  Gone are the days when I'd have the washer, dryer, dishwasher and hoover all going at once.  To get max benefit from the solar panels you have to spread things out a bit.  So now I have to prioritise everything.  I was going well before.  When something reached the priority level of 'must get done', I did it.  But to have to split the lot up into time frames and stuff?  I don't do OCD, charts, graphs and schedules very well.  When things need doing, they get done and that's that.  This solar panel stuff is gonna give me a nervous twitch.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 12, 2011, 11:33:34 AM »

To add to my joy...we've not one, but TWO Owl electric metres staring at me on the coffee table.  One tells what the panels are producing and the other tells what I'm using.  I can't even claim ignorance and get on with the housework ffs.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:21:26 PM by Laxie » Logged

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #800 on: December 12, 2011, 12:48:08 PM »

Twit two.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 12, 2011, 01:00:17 PM »

And there ya have it.  In a [ ] shock result....Little Mix take it down.  Well done them.  Hope for their sake this isn't the last time we hear from them.  I'm not bothered either way really, but it would be nice to think a winner actually 'won' out of the deal for a change.  Feel bad for Marcus because he appears to be a nice kid.  That said, the second place finisher usually does better than first anyway once the dust settles.  He should be fine.

I think all the final three acts have been offered recording contracts anyway, odds on who might last longest? My money would be on Misha B who didn't make the "final"

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 12, 2011, 01:35:03 PM »

I think all the final three acts have been offered recording contracts anyway, odds on who might last longest? My money would be on Misha B who didn't make the "final"

As long as she doesn't go all 'diva' on them, you're probably right. 

Aren't the whole lot of them pretty quiet individually for the next year because they've got to concentrate on the X Factor tour?

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 16, 2011, 12:22:54 PM »

Unreal.  No, really...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16214331

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 16, 2011, 01:20:48 PM »

Christmas is coming and so are Ger, Joobs and Adam.  Jack's always been used to spending a quiet day of it on his own, but then I landed.  Unlucky Jack.  lol  The crew land on Christmas Eve and will be here for a couple of days.  Really looking forward to it too! 

LOL, I remembered last night...

Can I order some NY Cheesecake please please Smiley
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 16, 2011, 01:38:40 PM »

Christmas is coming and so are Ger, Joobs and Adam.  Jack's always been used to spending a quiet day of it on his own, but then I landed.  Unlucky Jack.  lol  The crew land on Christmas Eve and will be here for a couple of days.  Really looking forward to it too! 

LOL, I remembered last night...

Can I order some NY Cheesecake please please Smiley

Joobs somehow thought of it too when mulled wine was mentioned.  How does mulled wine have ANYTHING to do with cheesecake?!  Sigh.  I 'spose I can make ye a cheesecake.  Pains in me backside. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 16, 2011, 01:50:15 PM »

Slowly but surely, this place is turning into Grand Central Station.  Was only a matter of time really.  We've Tighty staying the weekend to help reduce his updates cost.  Shogun and Ger Jr. arrive on Monday for a quick visit en route to a delivery.  After a few days of quiet, the Three Musketeers head this way Christmas Eve morning. 

Click to see full-size image.

Jack was worried I should be getting out more.  I've grown used to my own company and don't mind the quiet times.  Besides, I don't need to get out when everyone's calling here.   

LaxieJr

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 16, 2012, 02:19:24 AM »

lol.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 16, 2012, 02:41:27 AM »

LMAOOOO!!!!  Always knew she had good taste.  In the genes obv.  For the English speaking among us...

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 16, 2012, 02:56:23 AM »

She's learnin' me new things tonight.  Just because we can.....

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: