blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 06:28:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 145280 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: October 12, 2011, 10:51:27 AM »

We say no respect for their Ruperts now! get with the times.

I am with the times!..I listen to all the cool new stuff 2Pac, Notorious B.I.G., Nirvana  and all that..(I predict big futures for them all)..I am even going to get the latest gadget in that PS3 thing everybody is raving about.

I'm hip dammit!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 12, 2011, 12:20:16 PM »

I am with the times!..I listen to all the cool new stuff 2Pac, Notorious B.I.G., Nirvana  and all that..(I predict big futures for them all)..I am even going to get the latest gadget in that PS3 thing everybody is raving about.

I'm hip dammit!

Keep tellin' yerself that Sunshine.  We all know the truth. 

Anyone who's unsure - Mrs. B was researching the best new toy for him just last week because he wasn't sure what was hip and best.  Saw it with my own two eyes. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: October 12, 2011, 12:23:48 PM »

I'm hip dammit!

Keep tellin' yerself that Sunshine.  We all know the truth. 

Anyone who's unsure - Mrs. B was researching the best new toy for him just last week because he wasn't sure what was hip and best.  Saw it with my own two eyes. 

Sigh, even though I'm not on facebook (as it's not for cool people) I still get grief on it..FML

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: October 16, 2011, 06:52:02 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-449393/Strawberry-daiquiris-help-fight-cancer.html

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: October 16, 2011, 07:53:57 PM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 16, 2011, 08:07:25 PM »

At least it's got 'respectable' benefits too because god knows we cleared through a good few last night!    

Thank you to Delboy and Nicola (Mrs. Delboy) for having us at theirs this week-end!!!  We had a really lovely, relaxing stay and enjoyed not just one, but two dinners cooked by Delboy.  Their children are absolute sweethearts as well and were great entertainment..."Whyyyyyyyyyyy?" 

Definitely must do it again and hope to return the favour by having ye at ours once we finish the last of the decorating.   x

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 17, 2011, 11:43:29 AM »

We've TWO microwaves in the kitchen...and one is about to get the road.  It's a sad day for poor Jack.  He's being split from his 19 year old microwave today to make room for his fruit bowls.  He'd purchased a new micro/grill combi job when his oven went bust, but still preferred using old faithful for day to day things...until now.  He was given a choice this morning and has reluctantly turned on his old friend.  Dunno, but starting to think I need to watch me back!  lol

What do fruit bowls have to do with it?  He's got 3 of them currently hanging out in the lounge.  They've got food in them and belong in the kitchen imo, but I'd let them alone up to now.  This week I'm tearing into the DIY of the lounge and a massive clear out of the room is happening simultaneously.  Starting with the fecking fruit bowls!  Will be sooooo happy to see the back of them.

Click to see full-size image.

Next on the hit list is his CD collection.  That's a whole other beast altogether.  They're on three 6 foot long shelves behind his telly in alphabetical and chronological order (OCD much?!)...and there's LOTS of them!  Some are getting the road via music magpie or some similar site.  The rest will be put away, but not sure where yet because those shelves are going too.

Then it's on to the 'computer wall'.  Good god, I don't even know how to describe it or where to start in the dismantling of that lot, but it'll be done before the day's out.

BTW - The desk and table in that pic are going too if anyone wants 'em. 

Once all that's done, it's on to stripping the wallpaper before doing the prep and painting.  All going well, we'll be done with the room by Friday at the latest and that's us DIY done for a goodly while.  Sarah lands two weeks from today and it'll be good to have a week's rest before her arrival.  I'm expecting us to have a busy time of it while she's here and I can't wait!!!

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: October 17, 2011, 11:52:29 AM »

Fruit bowls in the kitchen? Only if you dining table is in the kitchen otherwise it's just wrong. Get rid of the shitty wickerbasket fruitbowls and get a nice one IMO.

BTW, PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT! At getting rid of his CDs..that's just wrong!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 17, 2011, 12:07:09 PM »

Fruit bowls in the kitchen? Only if you dining table is in the kitchen otherwise it's just wrong. Get rid of the shitty wickerbasket fruitbowls and get a nice one IMO.

BTW, PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT! At getting rid of his CDs..that's just wrong!

Part of the plan obv, but don't want to shock him too much in one day.  We've a dining table and chairs being delivered this week and the fruit may end up there, but no promises. 

I was quite happy to keep the CDs...just not on those shelves or in that room.  Boxes in the attic more likely.  Jack has a subscription to Napster so he's not bothered about keeping most of them anyway as they're never used.

Why do guys let electric cords get all knotted up?  And why do ye let cords just randomly fall where they may when introducing a new electronic gadget?  It'll take me half the day just to sort cords ffs!

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 17, 2011, 04:29:52 PM »

If they were easily untangled they'd be moved more often, and that is obviously bad.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
TRIP5
If you can't say someting nice, at least try to be funny...

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 19, 2011, 06:28:02 AM »

Laxie dear,

Messing with a man's CD collection will cause nothing but grief and strife!!

Imagine if Techno started 'boxing' all your clothes and shoes up??? Worse still, your gardening and DIY utensils Wink

It's a quick road to rack and ruin, you mark this wise old birds words Smiley

P.S. While I'm trolling your diary I have a message for Laxie JR

Mini-Laxie.. please please be my 2nd plus1 in sovietsongs super fun xfactor game.. Clawbird is trying to snaffle the super fun brolly by introducing redic rules like add two Friends for extra points FFS!! Everyone knows I have no friends Sad

PRETTYYYYYY PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE MINI-LAXIE??

I know for a fact Laxie senior doesn't need your +1 as much as meeeeeee, she has trillions of friends already Cheesy

xx

TKP FOR APAT!!!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 19, 2011, 08:07:25 AM »

Too late.  We'd boxes to help us sort them with two categories...web & save.  Only say I had in any of it was saving a couple he'd planned for the 'web' box.  All the 'saved' CDs are in their new home on 2 smaller shelves in a spare bedroom.  The 'web' Cds are in boxes ready to be catalogued with the website, but it won't be done this week because we're up to our eyeballs in madness at the minute!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 19, 2011, 08:34:57 AM »

A few weeks ago we picked out a new sofa.  Delivery in about six weeks meant it wouldn't land until after Sarah had been and gone.  A bit of a drag, but never mind.  We ordered it.  Plan was to get the walls stripped and painted two weeks before Sarah's arrival.   Then  we'd be in good shape for her visit and arrival of the sofa a week or two after that. 

So there I was yesterday casually sorting through misc. stuff preparing for the wallpaper stripping when the phone rang. 

"We've your sofa ready and would like to deliver Thursday.  Is that ok?" 

I stood there in shock.  Last time I ordered a sofa the six weeks turned into six months before it arrived.  As it was, I thought I was being optimistic hoping for this one to be here by Christmas.  I looked around at the mess facing me and thought, "How the heck am I going to get this room ready in time?!"  On the plus side, it meant it was here for Sarah's visit.  But if I tell them to hold off on delivery until next week, Murphy's Law says something will go wrong and we'll be waiting well beyond that time.  Sigh.  My reply was a no brainer...

"Blimey.  Ok then, Thursday is grand." 

'Casual' has been thrown out the window and we're running around like headless chickens instead.  I'm only taking a break to let the meds for my back kick in right now.  Then it's full steam ahead.  Last night we broke the room down into sections based on priority and that's how I'll be working today.  Radiator and sofa walls first.  Telly area last. 

A pot of coffee has been put on and I reckon it won't be the last of the day.  Hope the rest of ya have a happy Wednesday.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 19, 2011, 08:39:02 AM »

PS  All electrical cords have been untangled, wound sensibly and have twisty ties keeping them in order.  Every.  Single.  One.  Have I mentioned there's LOTS of them?  Boys and their toys...   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:45:26 AM by Laxie » Logged

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: October 19, 2011, 10:12:02 AM »

PS  All electrical cords have been untangled, wound sensibly and have twisty ties keeping them in order.  Every.  Single.  One.  Have I mentioned there's LOTS of them?  Boys and their toys...   Roll Eyes

lol, girls and caring if cords are tangled or not...silly broad.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: