blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 07:46:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 145296 times)
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: January 22, 2012, 09:55:49 AM »

What the hell man?!  I weighed my bag 'just so' and had it bang on the 20kgs at Mary's house.  Even jammed some extra stuff into the carry on just to be sure.  20 kg on the nose.  Airport scales say 18.  Sigh.  Never mind.  At least I wasn't dealing with being 'over' and having to add a few layers to the current outfit. 

On to said outfit.  Normally I try to look a bit respectable and wear girly stuff.  They stop me every fecking time, without fail.  On the way here my laptop was swabbed ffs.  Today I've a hoody on and construction boots.  I'm looking more like something out of a Brooklyn gang, complete with my long black leather coat.  I'm in for the mother of all pat downs imo.  Do they bother me like you'd expect...given my record with airport security and the cut of me today?  They didn't bat an eyelid!  Didn't even ask me to remove the boots to be scanned.  You figure it out because I give up.  lol

Hmmm Laxie - dressed girly & respectable - yep I'd sense something fishy going on too  talktothehand

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
LaxieJr

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 22, 2012, 11:51:28 PM »

What the hell man?!  I weighed my bag 'just so' and had it bang on the 20kgs at Mary's house.  Even jammed some extra stuff into the carry on just to be sure.  20 kg on the nose.  Airport scales say 18.  Sigh.  Never mind.  At least I wasn't dealing with being 'over' and having to add a few layers to the current outfit. 

On to said outfit.  Normally I try to look a bit respectable and wear girly stuff.  They stop me every fecking time, without fail.  On the way here my laptop was swabbed ffs.  Today I've a hoody on and construction boots.  I'm looking more like something out of a Brooklyn gang, complete with my long black leather coat.  I'm in for the mother of all pat downs imo.  Do they bother me like you'd expect...given my record with airport security and the cut of me today?  They didn't bat an eyelid!  Didn't even ask me to remove the boots to be scanned.  You figure it out because I give up.  lol

Lol they did that to me too ... will post the take me out video when I find it haven't managed to get me hands on it yet

Good woman, but what the heck were you doing up so late?!  Kids these days.  Sigh.

Lmao I know you too well... knew you would comment on the time.

Heres the video... his part starts at 23:14

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 23, 2012, 08:26:41 AM »

Just finished watching the whole show.  Blimey, they're a tough crowd.  Kevin had a lucky swerve there imo, but won't tell him that.  No harm keep the cheeky pup on his toes.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 23, 2012, 08:28:26 AM »

Hmmm Laxie - dressed girly & respectable - yep I'd sense something fishy going on too  talktothehand

Well, yeah...but you know me!    

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 25, 2012, 11:15:41 AM »

I'm hearing seagulls outside this morning which is odd because we don't live near the sea.  Reckon they've broken their sat nav.

Anyway, settle an argument for me...I'm being told they're called 'gulls' and not 'seagulls' because gulls don't hang out at sea.  WTF?!  Go to any seaside resort and you'll see seagulls.  Go out to sea on the fishing boats and the seagulls are there following.

Seagulls says I.  Gulls says an eejit we all know - and it's not Jack.  Let the voting commence!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 25, 2012, 11:16:19 AM »

Speaking of Jack...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!!  xx

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #876 on: January 25, 2012, 11:20:43 AM »

I'm hearing seagulls outside this morning which is odd because we don't live near the sea.  Reckon they've broken their sat nav.

Anyway, settle an argument for me...I'm being told they're called 'gulls' and not 'seagulls' because gulls don't hang out at sea.  WTF?!  Go to any seaside resort and you'll see seagulls.  Go out to sea on the fishing boats and the seagulls are there following.

Seagulls says I.  Gulls says an eejit we all know - and it's not Jack.  Let the voting commence!

Laxie: 1

Eejit: 0

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 25, 2012, 11:22:21 AM »

Laxie: 1

Eejit: 0

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii - ty Tom!

Click to see full-size image.

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #878 on: January 25, 2012, 11:31:48 AM »

Wikipedia would appear to agree with Eejit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seagull

Well, ish. I reckon you can claim a draw here.

Edit: That article has given me a couple of great new words - "kleptoparasitism" and "precocial". Excellent.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:36:31 AM by rex008 » Logged

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 25, 2012, 11:36:33 AM »

Shhhhhhhhh!!!  I saw that and reckon he has too, but no need to point it out ffs! 

Eejit = Kinboshi so I guess a draw is nearly as good as a win.  Ish.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #880 on: January 25, 2012, 11:39:13 AM »

Shhhhhhhhh!!!  I saw that and reckon he has too, but no need to point it out ffs! 

Eejit = Kinboshi so I guess a draw is nearly as good as a win.  Ish.

Cobblers!

Ask him to highlight the bit that proves his point.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 25, 2012, 11:47:49 AM »

I'll do it for him because he's already used the line in our msn/facebook debate.  From wiki...

Apart from the kittiwakes, gulls are typically coastal or inland species, rarely venturing far out to sea[2]

"Rarely venturing far out to sea."  Nothing to say they don't venture though...just not far.  Also nothing to say it's never done.  In fact they say it DOES happen.  Sure, maybe only rarely, but still...

And apart from all that, the original debate was over their name.  Seagull or gull.  He used the above to justify why seagull is incorrect saying they're not a sea bird.  He's a donkey.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #882 on: January 25, 2012, 11:50:58 AM »

I'll do it for him because he's already used the line in our msn/facebook debate.  From wiki...

Apart from the kittiwakes, gulls are typically coastal or inland species, rarely venturing far out to sea[2]

"Rarely venturing far out to sea."  Nothing to say they don't venture though...just not far.  Also nothing to say it's never done.  In fact they say it DOES happen.  Sure, maybe only rarely, but still...

And apart from all that, the original debate was over their name.  Seagull or gull.  He used the above to justify why seagull is incorrect saying they're not a sea bird.  He's a donkey.

Pfft!

I wouldn't like him to be defending me if I was on trial for being too damn handsome.

Tell the eejit to stick to religion. (God help us).

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:53:56 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #883 on: January 25, 2012, 11:51:34 AM »

Seagull is the informal name. It's like calling the wiggly things in soil "worms" - it's an informal name rather than a strictly scientific one, but everyone knows what you mean.

Tell the Kinmeister to pull his head out his arse Smiley.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 25, 2012, 11:53:12 AM »

Edit: That article has given me a couple of great new words - "kleptoparasitism" and "precocial". Excellent.

Ninja edit by ya!  Had a fair idea what klepto was but precocial was a new one to my eye.  We could spend all day finding words we never knew existed and it can be good fun too.  But I'd rather knock across them and discuss like this, than suddenly throw them into a later post as if I had a clue.  Leave that to the posh diary crew in the rail.  

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: