blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:22:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 142150 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: November 18, 2013, 11:56:25 AM »

Once we get to the States, Jack can't leave for about six months.  Well, he could leave the US, but good luck getting back in again.  We're to get married within 90 days of arrival so the honeymoon destination must be in the US.  Honeymoon spots in the US?!  Most people LEAVE the US to go for their honeymoon.  Geeeez louise! 

Surely there's a few places worth considering?  I'm a Yank.  I should know this stuff, but the mind is drawing a blank.  Romantic and in the States.  How hard could it be?   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 18, 2013, 12:01:16 PM »

I am biased but San Fran and bay area is lovely and relaxed for couples to explore/holiday Smiley
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 18, 2013, 12:16:59 PM »

I am biased but San Fran and bay area is lovely and relaxed for couples to explore/holiday Smiley

Head a few miles north to Healdsburg and enjoy the wine.  Otherwise Kauai?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 18, 2013, 12:20:01 PM »

Once we get to the States, Jack can't leave for about six months.  Well, he could leave the US, but good luck getting back in again.  We're to get married within 90 days of arrival so the honeymoon destination must be in the US.  Honeymoon spots in the US?!  Most people LEAVE the US to go for their honeymoon.  Geeeez louise! 

Surely there's a few places worth considering?  I'm a Yank.  I should know this stuff, but the mind is drawing a blank.  Romantic and in the States.  How hard could it be?   

Does Hawaii count?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 18, 2013, 12:49:24 PM »

Not interested in NYC, possibly split with Boston?

Maybe take a trip through Connecticut from one to the other. Beautiful part of the country.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 18, 2013, 01:03:30 PM »

NYC and Boston (Vegas too before anyone starts) are fun places to go, but they're more of a long week-end getaway spot than a romantic honeymoon type trip. 

Never been to San Fran, Healdsburg, Kauai or Hawaii.  Will look those ones up to see what they have to offer. Keep the suggestions rolling in Lads, much appreciated!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 18, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »

Oooops, scratch Hawaii and other island type spots.  It's probably fine, but Jack's not comfortable with leaving mainland America until his visa thing is completely sorted.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 18, 2013, 02:33:08 PM »

Depending on time of year - a tour to see the fall trees in New England.

I'd want to either drive Route  66 (and stop at the places Guy Fieri did in Diners Drive-ins & Dives links here http://forum.historic66.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4153), or go see the bears at the salmon runs in Alaska.

I've seen some nice rail tour holidays advertised as well.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 18, 2013, 02:46:12 PM »

Road Trip.

Get an RV and travel the country. You can set it to however long you wish then. Like Rod said above, drive some of the spectacular American routes...as you're from the North of the country I would suggest driving from Florida to Texas along the South.

Something like this? http://www.roadtripusa.com/routes/southernpacific/southernpacific.html
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 19, 2013, 03:43:40 AM »

Oooops, scratch Hawaii and other island type spots.  It's probably fine, but Jack's not comfortable with leaving mainland America until his visa thing is completely sorted.

last time I looked Hawaii was US state....

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 19, 2013, 08:35:41 AM »

Yeah, I agree.  They're putting Jack through hoops for the next year or so and he's just being overly cautious, bless.  That's ok though.  Turns out we've got LOADS of places to choose from on the mainland!  Front runner at the minute is San Fran with a bit of travel up and down the coast.  Jack keeps mentioning LA as well. Suppose we'll have to make a quick stop there as we'll be on the west coast anyway. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 19, 2013, 08:57:13 AM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii      We ordered one of these beauties for me last night and it's just arrived. 

Click to see full-size image.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 19, 2013, 09:01:31 AM »

It's a Garmin GPS running watch and among other things, it'll help me pace myself better during runs.  When I get home from a run, I can upload the data telling me where I ran, how long it took, split speeds and all sorts.  Only complaint I have is it won't give me directions on where I'm meant to run.  I've a rubbish sense of direction and can't tell you how many times I've been lost in our own neighbourhood.   

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 19, 2013, 09:08:13 AM »

Yeah, I agree.  They're putting Jack through hoops for the next year or so and he's just being overly cautious, bless.  That's ok though.  Turns out we've got LOADS of places to choose from on the mainland!  Front runner at the minute is San Fran with a bit of travel up and down the coast.  Jack keeps mentioning LA as well. Suppose we'll have to make a quick stop there as we'll be on the west coast anyway. 

I was thinking the same, surely a West Coast road trip will be nice enough for a special holiday.  Isn't Big Sur supposed to be spectacular, though I can't vouch for it as I have never done it.

We stayed in Santa Monica when we were "in LA", and I am sure that can be romantic enough.  It has a nice traditional pier/fairground which is great for the inner child.  The hotel we stayed at was really nice, if a little pricey.  We got a deal, but sure it was around $300 a night.  It is a good place for strolling around.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 19, 2013, 09:23:13 AM »

I was thinking the same, surely a West Coast road trip will be nice enough for a special holiday.  Isn't Big Sur supposed to be spectacular, though I can't vouch for it as I have never done it.

We stayed in Santa Monica when we were "in LA", and I am sure that can be romantic enough.  It has a nice traditional pier/fairground which is great for the inner child.  The hotel we stayed at was really nice, if a little pricey.  We got a deal, but sure it was around $300 a night.  It is a good place for strolling around.

Big Sur is definitely on the short list!  Found a really cool spa hotel there, but I haven't checked out prices yet. http://www.postranchinn.com/  I figure we'll get the 'must see' list sorted and then work from there on accommodation.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: