blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:58:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Tottenham riots
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tottenham riots  (Read 55692 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 10, 2011, 10:30:28 AM »

Political correctness partially to be blame for the riots? lol wtf.

This is actually what I think you are getting at: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/no-shame-no-limits-has-the-behaviour-of-the-mob-destroyed-the-idea-of-british-civility-for-ever-2334863.html

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 10, 2011, 10:37:20 AM »

This is actually what I think you are getting at: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/no-shame-no-limits-has-the-behaviour-of-the-mob-destroyed-the-idea-of-british-civility-for-ever-2334863.html

Well more that it has influenced the fact that the police have been so soft tbh. But I think a lot of kids probably push the boundaries more today as a result of the softness in society that PC generates.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: August 10, 2011, 10:49:45 AM »

Well more that it has influenced the fact that the police have been so soft tbh. But I think a lot of kids probably push the boundaries more today as a result of the softness in society that PC generates.

Watch the Stewart Lee thing again. You're like his gran, confusing H&S rules with PC.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 10, 2011, 10:51:47 AM »

Watch the Stewart Lee thing again. You're like his gran, confusing H&S rules with PC.

No, because one directly influences the other.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:58:55 AM by Woodsey » Logged
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 10, 2011, 11:11:44 AM »

It's politics, he doesn't want to make a decision and then have Labour putting photos of troops on the streets on their election leaflets for the next 10 years.

Also saw this video from Brum:

I do wonder about the people they found to interview though...

The people being interviewed in this are an abso joke. Blatantly either all in the same politics or film class at Uni. Clearly they don't have a job to go to. Laughable how he is implying police are using unnecessary force there.

Absolute rofl at the student twits in this video having sympathy with the rioters and assuming some kind of political motivation to people who can't even spell policits. They were even kind enough to block out the faces of the people being arrested by police from the looted store. It is both insanely tilting, but also hilarious, how the one clown tries to help them at about 8:05 by shouting pointless legal advice at them, "don't say anything until you get a solicitor." Definitely the most tilting moment of the riots so far for me

Com if intentional, or if not,  

intentional ovbiously
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 10, 2011, 11:20:36 AM »

Absolutely
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 10, 2011, 11:31:49 AM »

PC has nothing to do with softness, it's about being respectful of other people and it has it's problems, it can be kind of clumsy. But given the fact that it's helped get rid of a lot of racism, sexism and homophobia in the last 20 years, you can hardly blame it for the riots.

Also, you didn't see the police acting so soft when the students were protesting did you? They horse and baton charged at them, so your point is invalid. They are simply dealing with numbers vastly beyond their control, it's nothing to do with softness which in turn has nothing to do with political correctness.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 10, 2011, 11:35:04 AM »

PC has nothing to do with softness, it's about being respectful of other people and it has it's problems, it can be kind of clumsy. But given the fact that it's helped get rid of a lot of racism, sexism and homophobia in the last 20 years, you can hardly blame it for the riots.

Also, you didn't see the police acting so soft when the students were protesting did you? They horse and baton charged at them, so your point is invalid. They are simply dealing with numbers vastly beyond their control, it's nothing to do with softness which in turn has nothing to do with political correctness.

Disagree, but cba arguing as there is simply no point, we aren't going to change each others views. As for the rest its all about balance and my line of unacceptability is obviously further along than yours, and once again I ain't arguing for the same reason as above.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:37:32 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 10, 2011, 11:45:06 AM »

I think the police done pretty well all being considered. I would like to see the fukers sniped but hey ho.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: August 10, 2011, 11:48:08 AM »

lol @ the dailymail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2024348/LONDON-RIOTS-2011-Metropolitan-Polices-Paul-Stephenson-crippled-liberalism.html

Political lust for media blood 'left the Met Police rudderless and crippled by liberalism' is the title of the link.

Erm, wasn't it the Daily Mail that was hammering the NOTW thing a few weeks ago?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 10, 2011, 11:52:32 AM »

lol @ the dailymail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2024348/LONDON-RIOTS-2011-Metropolitan-Polices-Paul-Stephenson-crippled-liberalism.html

Political lust for media blood 'left the Met Police rudderless and crippled by liberalism' is the title of the link.

Erm, wasn't it the Daily Mail that was hammering the NOTW thing a few weeks ago?

Dunno why your lol'ing, a good chunk of the country agree with him. With respect, just because its your viewpoint don't automatically assume your right  Smiley
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 10, 2011, 11:57:09 AM »

They're guilty too and would rather the attention went elsewhere before it comes out.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 10, 2011, 11:59:26 AM »

I wish they would stop saying that these kids have no opportunities at all.

Many (not all) of them do have opportunities; they just choose not to take them. However, they weren't born lazy or criminal. The main reason they choose not to take their opportunties is not political or economic, but becuase of the soical climate they are in. For the young kids, the best thing they could do to impresss their peers is to come back to school with a good story of the riot. The worst thing they could possibly do is to work hard, and try to give themselves a chance in life. It would lead to social ostrasication at best, horrible bullying at worst.The music they listen to never encourages a gangster lifestyle, but it implicitly galmourises it. There is a distinct lack of the few figures they would look up to publically criticising the riots, something that could actually make some difference.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 10, 2011, 12:03:55 PM »

Many (not all) of them do have opportunities; they just choose not to take them. However, they weren't born lazy or criminal. The main reason they choose not to take their opportunties is not political or economic, but becuase of the soical climate they are in. For the young kids, the best thing they could do to impresss their peers is to come back to school with a good story of the riot. The worst thing they could possibly do is to work hard, and try to give themselves a chance in life. It would lead to social ostrasication at best, horrible bullying at worst.The music they listen to never encourages a gangster lifestyle, but it implicitly galmourises it. There is a distinct lack of the few figures they would look up to publically criticising the riots, something that could actually make some difference.

Very true. I had fukall growing up (in little London Leeds lol, people in Leeds will know this area well), late 70's early 80s was much more depressing then and certainly nowt to do, no funding into local yooooth projects we just did our own thing. In Leeds there are certainly more deprived areas than chapletown and Harehills yet there is never any of this bullshit trouble. I am sorry to say its defo certain racial makeups that seem to always use X Y Z excuse to kickoff.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: August 10, 2011, 12:08:37 PM »

It amazes me that Stu is a pro poker player when I see posts as intelligent and conscientiousness as this.

FYI I don't completely buy the lack of opportunity argument at all. We currently live in the greatest time ever to live, the stuff you can do on a mobile phone or laptop now is awe inspiring. Kids these days have shit loads more prospects and opportunities than every generation before them.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: