blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:34:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273451 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Tottenham riots
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tottenham riots  (Read 56010 times)
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 09, 2011, 10:41:53 PM »

Just heard a Police station in Notts (Canning Circus) has been firebombed. I used to live 30 secs walk from there :|

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 09, 2011, 10:43:32 PM »

lol @ people looting Poundland? WTF?

hahahahahaha worst game selection ever

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: August 09, 2011, 10:48:08 PM »

Just heard a Police station in Notts (Canning Circus) has been firebombed. I used to live 30 secs walk from there :|

I heard that too. I guess they meant petrol bombed though?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 09, 2011, 11:06:40 PM »

Millwall fans chanting "You'll never take our high street" http://yfrog.com/5zbwwz

Never thought I'd feel proud about what Millwall fans were doing. I bet the yobs will avoid those streets tonight.

in a few parts of south london charlton and millwall have got together to defend high streets that were smashed up last night. it's all a bit surreal

yea heard this in eltham?

Yeah, started in eltham

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 09, 2011, 11:10:45 PM »

The looting is getting pretty redic now tbh... Smiley

Whoa, beat me to it  Cheesy
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 10, 2011, 12:33:45 AM »

Just heard place are investigating shots being fired in Birmingham :|

edit: Sky reporting shots fired at Police.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:43:24 AM by Bongo » Logged

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 10, 2011, 01:15:46 AM »

lol @ people looting Poundland? WTF?

hahahahahaha worst game selection ever

Signs not wrong though, pretty incred value.

No looting/rioting in Brighton although i did hear last night someone got nicked on the beach for smoking a joint, shocking times i barely feel safe in my apartment.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 10, 2011, 01:54:07 AM »

It's politics, he doesn't want to make a decision and then have Labour putting photos of troops on the streets on their election leaflets for the next 10 years.

Also saw this video from Brum:

I do wonder about the people they found to interview though...

The people being interviewed in this are an abso joke. Blatantly either all in the same politics or film class at Uni. Clearly they don't have a job to go to. Laughable how he is implying police are using unnecessary force there.

Absolute rofl at the student twits in this video having sympathy with the rioters and assuming some kind of political motivation to people who can't even spell policits. They were even kind enough to block out the faces of the people being arrested by police from the looted store. It is both insanely tilting, but also hilarious, how the one clown tries to help them at about 8:05 by shouting pointless legal advice at them, "don't say anything until you get a solicitor." Definitely the most tilting moment of the riots so far for me
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 10, 2011, 02:01:41 AM »

This interview has depressed me beyond belief.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

Yeah, this is the most depressing thing I've seen about the riots.

Whenever the committee sits down to pick apart the reasons a young generation managed to do this, they should be using this as the opening scene. It's not the minority of hardened criminals, but the mass of young people who don't give a damn, have no respect for the fellow person, and are ignorant beyond belief. It's absolutely nothing to do with politics for them, anything they drivel about it is just meaningless cliches that they have been fed.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: August 10, 2011, 04:24:28 AM »

Just drove through St Ann's in Nottingham, Saw two shops that obv had their doors kicked in yesterday. There was also a fairly menacing looking group of about 20 guys just loitering around a couple of hundred yards up from the health centre.

Business as usual then.

Sounds pretty standard.  I bet the yobs in the Meadows will want to show that they can outdo those from St Ann's.
Also, Forest v County match tonight.  Not sure that's the best idea in the world.

Dunno about that, I drive through there most days and I've never seen a big gang like that hanging around.

Sorry, was just being facetious.

Looks like quite a bit kicked off in Nottingham overnight: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-14469857

Looks like it's kicked-off slightly different in Nottingham,with gangs committed to carrying out acts of vandalism, compared to the looting and vandalism in other cities, but that might just be how it's being reported.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: August 10, 2011, 07:15:24 AM »

That will be fine until someone gets killed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-14471405

Unfortunately, it sounds like that's what has happened.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 10, 2011, 07:19:04 AM »

It's politics, he doesn't want to make a decision and then have Labour putting photos of troops on the streets on their election leaflets for the next 10 years.

Also saw this video from Brum:

I do wonder about the people they found to interview though...

The people being interviewed in this are an abso joke. Blatantly either all in the same politics or film class at Uni. Clearly they don't have a job to go to. Laughable how he is implying police are using unnecessary force there.

Absolute rofl at the student twits in this video having sympathy with the rioters and assuming some kind of political motivation to people who can't even spell policits. They were even kind enough to block out the faces of the people being arrested by police from the looted store. It is both insanely tilting, but also hilarious, how the one clown tries to help them at about 8:05 by shouting pointless legal advice at them, "don't say anything until you get a solicitor." Definitely the most tilting moment of the riots so far for me

Com if intentional, or if not,  
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 10, 2011, 09:56:59 AM »

Just drove through St Ann's in Nottingham, Saw two shops that obv had their doors kicked in yesterday. There was also a fairly menacing looking group of about 20 guys just loitering around a couple of hundred yards up from the health centre.

Business as usual then.

Sounds pretty standard.  I bet the yobs in the Meadows will want to show that they can outdo those from St Ann's.
Also, Forest v County match tonight.  Not sure that's the best idea in the world.

Dunno about that, I drive through there most days and I've never seen a big gang like that hanging around.

Sorry, was just being facetious.

Looks like quite a bit kicked off in Nottingham overnight: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-14469857

Looks like it's kicked-off slightly different in Nottingham,with gangs committed to carrying out acts of vandalism, compared to the looting and vandalism in other cities, but that might just be how it's being reported.

Fuck me I'm only a few hundred metres from Clarendon college. I nipped out to the shop last night about 9pm and there were loads of randoms on the street on Mansfield road. During the week there aren't that many people normally wandering around at that time, but it was busier than a saturday night.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:59:08 AM by Woodsey » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 10, 2011, 10:21:33 AM »

Millwall fans chanting "You'll never take our high street" http://yfrog.com/5zbwwz

Never thought I'd feel proud about what Millwall fans were doing. I bet the yobs will avoid those streets tonight.

in a few parts of south london charlton and millwall have got together to defend high streets that were smashed up last night. it's all a bit surreal

This is what the police lack - heart, comitment and a love for a proper scrap

disagree. I think a lot of them are up for a  scrap but the advantage that the footy fans have got is they're not scared of losing their job if they get stuck in

This is the ultimate example of how PC has fucked up this country.

People aren't allowed to smack their kids, teachers that have to take abuse from kids and can't do any thing about it, why is anybody surprised at all this happening with the lack of respect these people have for others and their property?

And then as you say the police aren't allowed to get stuck in because of all the health and safety rules that have been brought about by PC creeping in everywhere, its all gone too fucking far now, the tide needs to turn. The people who bleat on about PC all the time should hang their heads in shame.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 10, 2011, 10:26:35 AM »

This is what the police lack - heart, comitment and a love for a proper scrap

disagree. I think a lot of them are up for a  scrap but the advantage that the footy fans have got is they're not scared of losing their job if they get stuck in

This is the ultimate example of how PC has fucked up this country.

People aren't allowed to smack their kids, teachers that have to take abuse from kids and can't do any thing about it, why is anybody surprised at all this happening with the lack of respect these people have for others and their property?

And then as you say the police aren't allowed to get stuck in because of all the health and safety rules that have been brought about by PC creeping in everywhere, its all gone too fucking far now, the tide needs to turn. The people who bleat on about PC all the time should hang their heads in shame.

As with many things in life there need to be a sensible balance of things, not extremes in either direction  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:29:19 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: