blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:26:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 618672 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: October 18, 2013, 08:48:59 PM »

but Phil you are implying that I am stupid.

I know exactly what I am doing, and its utterly pointless and spurious to quote draft values of seven weeks ago

I would not have traded the top 3 fantasy rb's this season, McCoy, Charles or Lynch. If you did a re-draft today these three would be the top three on value season to date

AP for Bryant+ is a far closer call, given the potential/performance of Bryant, the scoring potential of the Dallas offense and the changing dynamic of the Vikings offense

I did not put AP out to tender as Bryant was the only player I was interested in, outside the top three RBs

I also know about the points scoring of the league vis a vis RBs and WRs, though you seem to suggest I am too stupid to know this

I am taking a gamble (which could backfire) but its also a gamble knowing what the rest of my roster looks like, and the problems I have with Fitzgerald who was the last WR1 standing when I came to pick at 32 on the day

The trade can be undone, I don't really mind. I'll concentrate on my other leagues

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 18, 2013, 08:50:00 PM »

Surely the only reason anyone accepts a trade is because they think there's a chance they got the better end of the deal?

Otherwise, why trade?

I probably shouldn't get involved...

Chaps, sleep on it and let's review on Tuesday when the markets reopen.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: October 18, 2013, 08:50:42 PM »

Only a general method but one way to gauge the value of the players in a trade is to put their draft numbers into a trade analyser. There are a few around, as the season progresses you might have to revert to a 'where would this guy be drafted now' approach as obviously some players appear from out of the blue and others decline in value, think Keenan Allen and David Wilson off the top of my head. If you are happy that the players draft positions are ok then this will tell you if the trades are ok. It is a rock solid way of valuing player values if they are playing to their expected numbers which it is fair to say the three players involved in the trade today are. The one done today is miles away, draft pick 1 for draft pick 19 and 51 playing as expected can be seen here if you put in the numbers.

http://www.kffl.com/draftanalyzer/index.php

This doesn't take into account bye weeks either and Curtis understands that a player who has had his bye week has more value than players that haven't.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:57:33 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 18, 2013, 08:51:51 PM »

this is flawed, because you are dealing with today and NOT where they were drafted

My eyes are open wide
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 18, 2013, 08:56:45 PM »

this is flawed, because you are dealing with today and NOT where they were drafted

It is not flawed if you are judging where the players would be drafted today. Those players are playing to their expected levels, a good wr is worth much less than a good rb which is all accounted for in the draft positions of the league. That is without the added value of AP having had his bye week which increases his value by a lot in this trade.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:36:46 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 18, 2013, 08:58:59 PM »

It is not flawed if you are judging where the players would be traded today. Those players are playing to their expected levels, a good wr is worth much less than a good rb which is all accounted for in the draft positions of the league.

fine, keep implying I am stupid

I am out. Will leave the team untouched from here on.

My eyes are open wide
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 18, 2013, 09:04:57 PM »

Rich,

Why do you keep using the word stupid when nobody else has?

You have been taken advantage of here in relation to the value of the players you have traded ( you must be able to see this by the response of others) yet you are sticking up for the guy that has simply gone thru the league and tried to do that to numerous other people until he got one/two thru?

Again, how is that trying to make the league fun for everyone

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 18, 2013, 09:06:05 PM »

Calm down guys, everybody else could of had the opportunity to school someone in a trade, props to sheriff for getting one done.  

Dont think sheriff is remotely in the wrong, just made some very good trades to try and win.  Pretty much the point of the game!
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 18, 2013, 09:08:31 PM »

Has Brent got a view on all this controversy?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 18, 2013, 09:10:26 PM »

Calm down guys, everybody else could of had the opportunity to school someone in a trade, props to sheriff for getting one done.  

Dont think sheriff is remotely in the wrong, just made some very good trades to try and win.  Pretty much the point of the game!

but is it tho Dave?

Who wants to win by just taking advantage of the other people, and those trades disadvantage everyone else. Was it you that said Brady for Bell stunk, why would we just say well done for doing it again here?

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 18, 2013, 09:14:24 PM »

I'm too scared to do trades, because I always assume I'm getting way the worst of it.

Although I will always listen to offers from Chip Rich.

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 18, 2013, 09:16:08 PM »

but is it tho Dave?

Who wants to win by just taking advantage of the other people, and those trades disadvantage everyone else. Was it you that said Brady for Bell stunk, why would we just say well done for doing it again here?

I did yeah, but I dont think theres actually much wrong with it.  Was more just a bit of banter.  I just look at it as him simply "outplaying" other people, for want of a better word.

If anybody wants to send me a sick player for a couple of pigeons, hit me up  ;-)
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 18, 2013, 09:18:17 PM »

but is it tho Dave?

I did yeah, but I dont think theres actually much wrong with it.  Was more just a bit of banter.  I just look at it as him simply "outplaying" other people, for want of a better word.

If anybody wants to send me a sick player for a couple of pigeons, hit me up  ;-)

Ryan Fitzpatrick and Austin Pettis on offer.

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 18, 2013, 09:22:55 PM »

I'm too scared to do trades, because I always assume I'm getting way the worst of it.

Although I will always listen to offers from Chip Rich.

fml. Want to let me try win my money back this year btw?

Am absolutely open to any trade offers from anyone btw, fire away. I enjoy opening up a trade offer to see which utter pigeons i am being offered.

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 18, 2013, 09:26:56 PM »

In terms of the trade - Not too bothered, if Tighty is happy with the trade and has a different opinion to other people about his future production that is fair enough, its upto him. His team might have more needs, to improve it elsewhere etc.

Obviously there is the thing about taking advantage of people, but we dont want to put people off making trades, you live and learn, its sometimes the only way in this game.

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: