blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:31:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 619072 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: October 21, 2013, 05:45:06 PM »

Ha didn't realise it was you who dropped him, just having a bit of fun.

Only kidding.

Shanahan has a track record of running a rb into the ground one season then looking elsewhere after one monster season.

Fancied Morris might be less of a factor this year.

No idea why I dropped Helu so early really.

Especially as I picked up Ryan Fitzpatrick in his stead.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 21, 2013, 05:52:43 PM »

Want Cutler, Camel?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 21, 2013, 06:28:36 PM »

Want Cutler, Camel?

Trade him for Sam Bradford?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 21, 2013, 06:29:30 PM »

Want Cutler, Camel?

Trade him for Sam Bradford?

Cheesy

Well at least we have those wide receivers he can't throw to...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 21, 2013, 09:18:09 PM »

Sick weekend for injuries.

Martin out long-term too.  Initially reported as for the season but Schiano has backtracked on that.

Reggie Wayne too, plus the QB injuries.

Brutal weekend.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 22, 2013, 01:26:48 AM »

Lost Finley and Martin.

I'm cooked.

Anyone want Manning?

Need a blue chip rb and a serviceable qb in return.

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 22, 2013, 08:32:49 AM »

Wow 7 trade offers in one day!

Marky & I spent the last couple of hours looking at them but I couldn't accept any of them in the end.
Maybe it's because I am a nit but I always think I am getting done over. Two offers were very close but we talked each other out of them.

Can give you Harry Douglas....

Why didn't I accept this ? ffs

He's still up for grabs....

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 22, 2013, 12:57:15 PM »

Oh the irony....

Don't do trade with Tighty = Week 7 win
Drop AP, start Peyton Hillis = Week 7 win
Don't rely on Tom Brady's massive haul of 7pts and stick with Mike Glennon = Week 7 win
Abuse the league and trade rape the shit out of everybody (allegedly) = No Week 7 win

And for sick rubs (thanks nfl.com):
The Week 7 Black Flag Award goes to Sheriff's Stars outscoring their projected points total by 13.60. Great job managing your roster, you have the strongest crew of the week. Worthy of waving the Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 22, 2013, 01:57:06 PM »

There was certainly a hint of Karma about the week.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 22, 2013, 03:37:56 PM »

Be honest.  Exactly how big was the GTFI Fist Pump you did when waking up to the result this morning?

Hope you didn't injure yourself Wink

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 22, 2013, 04:16:47 PM »

Moreno or Sproles could be available if the right offer comes in

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 22, 2013, 05:53:33 PM »

Be honest.  Exactly how big was the GTFI Fist Pump you did when waking up to the result this morning?

Hope you didn't injure yourself Wink

lol Smiley I was watching the game but it wasn't that high on my list of priorities. Just to follow up the convo last week, someone talked about trade rape as 'outplaying the other guy'. In our match up this week we did an incred job of finding free agents that improved our teams and your new WR was someone I was trying to pick up last Weds morning, was a bit gutted you got him to play against me. If he had made the difference then well played you and you outplayed me in that spot so would deserve to win. That's a whole different ball game to sending out a  raft of bad trades and hoping to get a deal done tho.

If I am honest Curtis those trades seem to have set the tone judging by the ridic offers I got sent to me last week/weekend, so it does affect everyone in the league when the guy running it sets the bar so low and others then just try the same tactic.

Last nights game was one of the strangest play calling games I've ever seen tbh, if they use AP like that for the rest of the year then Rich has got a bargain. But at the time of the trade it was an undersell, no way would you have traded AP in return for the two players you sent the other way.

So Rich and I were the two to benefit from it so yeah I would have wanted it that way rather than getting beaten but feel sorry for B Side who has probably been beaten by a trade that wouldn't have got thru a sensible trade veto set up.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 22, 2013, 06:19:38 PM »

Last nights game was one of the strangest play calling games I've ever seen tbh, if they use AP like that for the rest of the year then Rich has got a bargain. But at the time of the trade it was an undersell, no way would you have traded AP in return for the two players you sent the other way.

This is just not true

I mentioned last week I realised how Minnesota were going to have different priroities...replacing Ponder with Cassel then Freeman is definitely that. It means they underutilise AP and try to air it out, something they never try with Ponder

This is the most ludicrous play calling in the world, AP should get the rock 50 times a game but I did my research and knew that he could no longer be valued as he was 7 weeks ago. I might have got lucky in one game, but the trade was DEFINITELY NOT me being taken for a mug

As it happens nearly 30 combined points for Bryant and Matthews made the difference between a win and a loss

I repeat, relying on where they went in the draft 7 weeks ago is flawed. I couldn't give a toss what happened in our draft. It holds no relevance for trades NOW

its what they are worth now that let me to do the trade, not notions that I am trading 1 for 19 and 50 NOW..

If you did the draft now the top ten might look something like

1 McCoy
2 Charles
3 Lynch
4 AP?
5 Manning
6 Graham
7 Forte
8 Calvin J
9 Dez B

Philip Rivers would be top 15 etc etc

Obviously this is subjective but trading a possible 4/possibly lower for a possible 9 and somewhere in the 40s was fair value for me

I don't mind this being completely non consensus, but it was definitely after a lot of research on Minnesota under a different QB

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 22, 2013, 06:29:07 PM »

"no way would you have traded AP in return for the two players you sent the other way."

At the risk of reopening a half opened can of worms, very few of us would take the reverse side of any trade we make. There can't be many trades - by definition - where both sides benefit; someone is going to get the worse end of the deal. If someone sends me a trade proposal, I expect they think they are getting a good deal. I will then decide for myself what I make of it and, if I like it, I'll do what is best for my team. If I don't, I'll either counteroffer or flat reject.

Swansea bought Michu for £2m. Twenty goals later, I expect someone got a bottle of champers and someone else got the Spanish equivalent of the tin tack. We all make our own decisions and some of the group are better judges than others. What I don't think any of us should do is turn a subjective view ("I don't think that's a good deal") into an objective one ("that isn't a good deal"); it is our opinion and nothing more, however well constructed and however many people agree.

I don't understand the ins and outs of 'trade rape', but I hope we can move on from this. Looking at the last couple of posts, it's back to verging on the gentlemanly. Let's rock on and find a QB between us that can manage a whole game.

My policy of researching third down RBs before the draft and coming up with Danny Woodhead and Jacquizz Rodgers is just about the first example of me getting something right in a fantasy competition of any sport. 2 out of 16 draft picks...

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 22, 2013, 07:06:12 PM »

I can only assume you mis read the post Rich. The idea is to rank the players now and see how the trade stacks up in a draft pick analyser. It just happened that the trade you did would have featured players roughly ranked where they were drafted anyway.  What you have done is over rate where a good wr ranks in relation to the better rb's and there is no way that Manning is in the top ten. The reason that top rb's are ranked so highly is they score far more points than the good rbs, Manning is scoring lots of points but at his position there will be lots of other qbs that score well too, that's not going to be the case at rb by the end of the season.

The value is in how many points the players score in relation to others at their position, not just the number of points they have scored. Remember last years draft when the TE went high in a 2 TE league, the whole point is that those top ones would score far more points than the regular players in the TE position, it is the same with rb's and less so with wr's and qb's.

Only 5 rb's have scored over 100 points this year but 17 qb's have. No wr has scored more than 100 points so far and there are 15 points covering the top 15 wr's, that is why Bryant is worth much less in that trade than you have him in for and deffo not in the top 10 if you drafted now. Mathews is being outscored by another rb playing for the same team. So you have traded the number 1 pick in the draft who you have in as a number 4 pick now which might be right but taken a rb sharing points with another on his team and a wr you have over rated in the pecking order.

I have played in a league for about 8 years and last year with 2 games to go before the play offs were decided the guy that runs the league managed to trade Felix Jones ( when Murray was coming back)  and Dwayne Bowe when Kansas had almost run out of qb's for Dez Bryant and Cam Newton from a guy that had just looked at the scores they had got so far. Was abs ridic trade. The guy that runs the lge then won his last 2 matches in the reg season to sneak into the play offs and then Bryant and Newton went pointtastic at the end of the season and he won the whole league. This season players that have played that league for 8 years didn't rejoin because the whole league was compromised by trades like that where people had either given up or don't understand the difference in values between the different positions.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: