blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:30:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 623891 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: October 24, 2013, 05:59:35 PM »

Gents

A bit puzzled at the recent kerfuffle over Trades... unless we believe there is a practice of collusion shouldn't team owners be allowed to manage their affairs as they see fit ? Fantasy mirrors life.. A, say shrewder, manager thinks he can get a trade through that may skew heavily in his favour then good luck to him..the other manager doesn't have to say yes and if indeed he does get heavily the wrong side of the deal then he will learn from his mistake..move on and be better prepared next time.

How much uproar was their concerning the real life trade of Richardson to Indy... which when voiced was tantamount to so called trade rape...

In the case of tighty we all know his knowledge of NFL is higher than most and would be very unlikely to be coerced into a deal he thought was severely biased to the other side... i personally thought he got the better end of it and as it unfolds looks to be the shrewder decision.

Theres nothing wrong with voicing opinions and questioning actions but I think the comments were a little vitriolic and the sad upshot is we have lost Tighty to the game which i think is very sad...

Would be interested to hear  Forth's opinion on this too.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 24, 2013, 06:54:41 PM »

Phil.

The last comment I made was tongue in cheek.

With regards to the Trade where I got "knocked" I felt that it was right for me. I am the VIRGIN of all of the players in this league, but should it stop me from playing it??? Yes I will make mistakes and probably make more but should it stop me from playing???   I only really took interest in the League when I seen there was places and clearly stated in my opening post that my knowledge of NFL is limited but would love to learn and I assumed that I would as majority of players were experienced and enjoyed the fun.

Tell me if im wrong?

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 24, 2013, 09:21:46 PM »

Phil.

With regards to the Trade where I got "knocked" I felt that it was right for me. I am the VIRGIN of all of the players in this league, but should it stop me from playing it??? Yes I will make mistakes and probably make more but should it stop me from playing???   I only really took interest in the League when I seen there was places and clearly stated in my opening post that my knowledge of NFL is limited but would love to learn and I assumed that I would as majority of players were experienced and enjoyed the fun.

Tell me if im wrong?

cheers, it's better to know how you see it than the earlier posts.

It absolutely should not stop you from playing, far from it. In the long run if you are trading and feel uncomfortable about it/ the response is negative then is that going to make you feel like playing again or more likely to think that was horrid and no fun at all. Would it make you feel like trading again?

Someone else mentioned earlier that they don't like trading because they feel they are going to get the rough end of a trade, so when the person running the league is sending out numerous trades like that it affects everyone in the league. Moreso when they are accepted for reasons that have already been discussed. Ours is a strange league as we have 16 teams drafting 16 players so that leaves very little on the waiver wire to fill any gaps when you have needs. It should mean trading is more important/often but it wont be if players are just scared because their default setting is they think they could get conned. So when Curtis as the guy running the league is sending a lot of bad value trades around it affects everyone.

Some leagues have a player veto option where trades get accepted and then if you think it is unfair you can vote against it, that way it needs a majority vote to get it thru. The downside of that is there are some players who will vote tactically to try and stop a trade going thru because it affects their match ups or players in their league/ones they are fighting for play off spots etc.

Other leagues just have a system where a trade is accepted there is a day or so waiting time, if you want to say it is unfair you contact the person running the league and they will seek other opinions or make a decision as the merits of that trade. We don't have either of those.

Last year Jek was given a load of grief from many of us for sending out a large amount of bad value trades weighted heavily in his favour, in fact I think someone might have told him to fuck off back to America or summat like that**. There is no difference between what he did and Sheriff doing a 'son of Jek' impression and doing the same thing so why would we just say it is ok this year?

**my memory isn't great but it was summat like that and I checked the son of Jek line wouldn't be offensive first.

In short my idea of the responsibilities of the person running the league is to make sure it runs properly, looks after the players and makes sure it runs fair. Sending out a load of Jek style trade offers hoping to get some accepted doesn't achieve any of those things and the worry is I have played in  leagues where 'trade rape' is rife and at some stage one gets thru near the end of the season that totally dictates the results.

@Dean, It was a reply to your post too, the difference between having a caveat emptor approach is a trade doesn't just affect the buyers or sellers it affects everyone else in the league. I don't believe Rich will stop playing the league, I really hope he doesn't but I don't see how I am at fault for wanting it to run fairly. My gripe is mainly that the person running it is the one trying to get bad trades thru and take advantage and the ones I got and others said they got were attempting just that.

If AP is genuinely injured now then Rich might be the one that benefit's, hand on heart I hope that is the case because Sheriff will have ended up worse off when as the one in charge he was trying to make the other players worse off.

I still think there is a need for some kind of trade veto to be put in place.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:36:52 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
LEXUS

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 25, 2013, 12:29:04 AM »

You know how some leave their team looking shit in projections & then change it last minute. Well due to injuries & byes I have set our team to its best & we are 52 points behind in projections.

Thanks Julio & Reggie I will always remember our time together 

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 25, 2013, 01:44:27 PM »

Picked up a little Gem in Tolbert Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 25, 2013, 01:48:17 PM »

Researched TE alternatives, as I was concerned about the fitness of one of my WRs.

Submitted a waiver request that clears on Friday, swapping my reserve TE for this new one and I could then slot him into the W/T position.

Didn't realise the WR was in the Thursday game.

WR plays and gets 2 points.

TE on my bench gets 10 points in the same game, where I again obviously didn't realise he was playing in the Thursday game.

Waiver was rejected anyway.

I nailed it this week.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 25, 2013, 02:55:58 PM »

Phil.

With regards to the Trade where I got "knocked" I felt that it was right for me. I am the VIRGIN of all of the players in this league, but should it stop me from playing it??? Yes I will make mistakes and probably make more but should it stop me from playing???   I only really took interest in the League when I seen there was places and clearly stated in my opening post that my knowledge of NFL is limited but would love to learn and I assumed that I would as majority of players were experienced and enjoyed the fun.

Tell me if im wrong?

cheers, it's better to know how you see it than the earlier posts.

It absolutely should not stop you from playing, far from it. In the long run if you are trading and feel uncomfortable about it/ the response is negative then is that going to make you feel like playing again or more likely to think that was horrid and no fun at all. Would it make you feel like trading again?

Someone else mentioned earlier that they don't like trading because they feel they are going to get the rough end of a trade, so when the person running the league is sending out numerous trades like that it affects everyone in the league. Moreso when they are accepted for reasons that have already been discussed. Ours is a strange league as we have 16 teams drafting 16 players so that leaves very little on the waiver wire to fill any gaps when you have needs. It should mean trading is more important/often but it wont be if players are just scared because their default setting is they think they could get conned. So when Curtis as the guy running the league is sending a lot of bad value trades around it affects everyone.

Some leagues have a player veto option where trades get accepted and then if you think it is unfair you can vote against it, that way it needs a majority vote to get it thru. The downside of that is there are some players who will vote tactically to try and stop a trade going thru because it affects their match ups or players in their league/ones they are fighting for play off spots etc.

Other leagues just have a system where a trade is accepted there is a day or so waiting time, if you want to say it is unfair you contact the person running the league and they will seek other opinions or make a decision as the merits of that trade. We don't have either of those.

Last year Jek was given a load of grief from many of us for sending out a large amount of bad value trades weighted heavily in his favour, in fact I think someone might have told him to fuck off back to America or summat like that**. There is no difference between what he did and Sheriff doing a 'son of Jek' impression and doing the same thing so why would we just say it is ok this year?

**my memory isn't great but it was summat like that and I checked the son of Jek line wouldn't be offensive first.

In short my idea of the responsibilities of the person running the league is to make sure it runs properly, looks after the players and makes sure it runs fair. Sending out a load of Jek style trade offers hoping to get some accepted doesn't achieve any of those things and the worry is I have played in  leagues where 'trade rape' is rife and at some stage one gets thru near the end of the season that totally dictates the results.

@Dean, It was a reply to your post too, the difference between having a caveat emptor approach is a trade doesn't just affect the buyers or sellers it affects everyone else in the league. I don't believe Rich will stop playing the league, I really hope he doesn't but I don't see how I am at fault for wanting it to run fairly. My gripe is mainly that the person running it is the one trying to get bad trades thru and take advantage and the ones I got and others said they got were attempting just that.

If AP is genuinely injured now then Rich might be the one that benefit's, hand on heart I hope that is the case because Sheriff will have ended up worse off when as the one in charge he was trying to make the other players worse off.

I still think there is a need for some kind of trade veto to be put in place.

I thought there was some kind of Veto in place ?

didnt the first trade of the year get vetoed ?

TBH i thought it was part of the game to try and find any edge possible even if that means chancing your arm with wonky trades.. i mean it doesnt take a genius to recognise a really bad trade and no one has to accept it..

I didnt hear too many Vet players advising us rookies pre draft to gobble up RB and WR in the early picks... You all filled your boots whilst we went for QB's and two kickers Smiley.. as far as I see it its part of the learning curve..

I must say I have enjoyed the game immensely and as there are 16 players and the advent of injuries the intricacies have become magnified...

Bobby you have valid points and I have mucho respect for you as your posts are nearly always insightful and worth reading..if your main objection is with the league operating officer then maybe there should be a small sub committee to oversee his actions...

Just a suggestion..but when alls said and done its a bit fun with a nominal amount of cash on the table to spice it up

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 27, 2013, 10:34:04 PM »

Lol WTF. Marvin Jones currently has 4 TD's, what the absolute F***

Oh, of course I'm somehow against him. Ridic

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 27, 2013, 10:46:22 PM »

Lol WTF. Marvin Jones currently has 4 TD's, what the absolute F***

Oh, of course I'm somehow against him. Ridic

You have GOT to be kidding me!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
LEXUS

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 28, 2013, 12:29:15 AM »

I fuckin hate RGIII

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: October 29, 2013, 03:08:37 PM »

Welker, Nicks and MJD are up for grabs.  Offer me WRs RBs and TEs.

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: October 29, 2013, 03:13:25 PM »

Welker, Nicks and MJD are up for grabs.  Offer me WRs RBs and TEs.

Come to me before you go to him, I have a lot more to offer.

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 29, 2013, 06:06:39 PM »

God bless Austin Pettis and whoever let go onto the Waiver wire.

Got to sweat stat changes though...

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 29, 2013, 06:08:13 PM »

Changed my mind about trading Payton Manning.

I'm going all in on the Broncs.

Meanwhile I need a backup QB for his bye week.

Prepared to trade a WR for the right man.

Make me an offer.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 30, 2013, 12:36:18 PM »

Now I've done it, steering me the right way won't matter.. so a little advice for a fantasy newbie would be appreciated.

I had a high waiver spot (3 I think)

Was it worth using that spot to pick up a mediocre QB to cover for Manning's bye week, or would it have better to swallow an almost certain loss this week and keep my waiver position in case a huge injury means a premier rb spot becomes available?

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: