blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:19:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 618611 times)
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #4890 on: August 24, 2019, 10:39:28 AM »

Thanks for the entertainment.
I love the NFL and enjoy the draft every year, but I am nowhere near knowledgable enough in the game to play at this level.
I have followed the Broncos since the 80's when they lost 3 SB's in 4 years.
If I was playing here I would probably try & draft Manning & Favre!
Good luck for the season.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: August 24, 2019, 03:40:56 PM »

You are an angle shooter.

And what you are trying to imply I’m really unsure as I make about half a dozen posts a year on here and they are all to draft rookies every August!

The fact you don’t read my posts or ignore my posts doesn’t stop you creeping into my DM’s with a “hey bud do you wanna trade this for that” 300 times a day does it.

what on earth are you doing kid?

You are the only guy that has ever agreed to a trade with me that got to the stage of  ‘ ok,  that’s a fine deal, send  it thru and I will accept, that’s then almost instantly said I want more for the deal to go thru.

And you have done that twice. So you are spouting angle shooter about something you don’t seem to understand yet you have on two previous occasions fully agreed a trade and then reneged on it str8 afterwards.

I suggest you look up angle shooter and have a long hard look in TE mirror.

I’ll take the under 300 trade offers too bud, another ‘pluck something I’ve made up out of my head and then post it moment’

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: August 24, 2019, 04:12:18 PM »

Angle Shooter
Noun

A player who intentionally uses tactics that border between being within or outside of the rules.

EXAMPLE: "When there is an angle shooter in the game I'm in it definitely kills the entertainment. Who wants to be arguing about rules details when we could be playing another hand?"

That’s the issue, you clearly don’t understand the difference between game theory and angle shooting and tbh you proved that in your earlier post too. If you select your rookies on the day they are due to play pre season games then you are making mistake number 1. It’s an obvious mistake that you’ve presented in a kind of ‘ I would never do that’ way.

I agree with you on one thing in your original post tho, you would clearly never consider doing that.

Just for your benefit, you know, if you are interested in what actually happened. Two trade offers were made in Tuesday, they took until Thursday to be replied to. I apologised to one of the commissioners that the game was being held up but I couldn’t make the pick until I had created a roster space. The last trade decline was from a guy that is moving house so understandably slower than usual.

I messaged the commissioner early on Friday afternoon to let him know they had fallen thru but that I didn’t want to select the player I wanted to pick up until I knew he hadn’t been injured in the latest round of pre season games as I was the only player with picks left to round infinity and beyond that seemed fine.

The mistake I’ve made is  I didn’t consider Rich’s point regarding missing the allotted time  allowed to make the next pick means I have passed.

But to be levelled angle shooter by the lesser half of Statler and Waldorf  despite being completely up front with the commissioner on Tuesday regarding what I was hoping to do (trade a player to crest a roster spot) ( admit that hadn’t happened on Friday but because I wasn’t holding anyone else up in the draft I was going to make sure he wasn’t injured first). As it happens his team haven’t even played yet either.

And that’s angle shooting?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: August 24, 2019, 04:27:53 PM »

I don't think angle shooter is correct

Phil is very skilled at finding edges, and obviously a fierce competitor in this game. afaik as an odds compiler(?) identifying them is a substantial part of his life, and that's ok in this game too

Where they push too far (inadvertently, Phil wouldn't have meant to have extended his pick into another ten days ago but the possiblity was there and i gave a couple of examples of how that could benefit him or someone else doing it) then I also see no problem with questioning it and asking the commissioners to decide whats right

We have several of these each year and those decisions help make the game more watertight.

Thanks to Phil for remaining polite and apologies if i over-did it.

Ok Rich, thanks.

As I’ve mentioned above as far as I understood being the only person left with picks it didn’t matter if I used my round 6 pick or my round 10 pick time wise. There wasn’t even being shrewd, playing the edges etc outside sensible game theory.  Obv all the things you mentioned could have happened but everything Ive posted above can be verified including the trade offers, their declines and the 2PM’s to the Commish timelines I’ve stated. It just took longer than it usually would, if they get declined str8 away on Tuesday I’ve passed by Weds anyway if I can’t find another taker.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: August 24, 2019, 04:31:05 PM »

come on its just a friendly comp yeah i know there is £20 on it but calm down

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: August 24, 2019, 05:16:56 PM »

Angle Shooter
Noun

A player who intentionally uses tactics that border between being within or outside of the rules.

EXAMPLE: "When there is an angle shooter in the game I'm in it definitely kills the entertainment. Who wants to be arguing about rules details when we could be playing another hand?"

That’s the issue, you clearly don’t understand the difference between game theory and angle shooting and tbh you proved that in your earlier post too. If you select your rookies on the day they are due to play pre season games then you are making mistake number 1. It’s an obvious mistake that you’ve presented in a kind of ‘ I would never do that’ way.

I agree with you on one thing in your original post tho, you would clearly never consider doing that.

Yeah you're right I didn't consider that, and yeah i'm giving away an edge in a £20 friendly league by not bothering but that's not the point here at all - I have no issue with you deciding to wait the extra few hours when you know rookies are in play overnight and YOU ARE ON THE CLOCK.

What's angle shooting and douchey is that you shouldn't be waiting now and you were implying you would be waiting days and weeks before declaring yourself off the clock just because you can - it's only because the commissioner(s) have not put a deadline on the final pick that you felt the need to do this, something which I don't think anyone else in the league would have considered even doing, which is why the commissioners had never put a timer on.

Were you not the one who kicked off when another team was lobbing non injured players on IR? Pretty sure you threw your dummy out back then - yet that was also allowed within the rules and the site allowed it too. I guess you just got annoyed because someone else saw they could do that first and it disadvantaged you?

Kid.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: August 24, 2019, 05:38:36 PM »

Ok folks. Everyone that's wanted to make a point has made it.

Let's leave it there. The draft is over.

Click to see full-size image.

Tikay would say this is all Marky147's fault. Not exactly sure why, but I'll try it.

I blame Marky.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: August 24, 2019, 05:46:51 PM »

Angle Shooter
Noun

Yeah you're right I didn't consider that, and yeah i'm giving away an edge in a £20 friendly league by not bothering but that's not the point here at all - I have no issue with you deciding to wait the extra few hours when you know rookies are in play overnight and YOU ARE ON THE CLOCK.

What's angle shooting and douchey is that you shouldn't be waiting now and you were implying you would be waiting days and weeks before declaring yourself off the clock just because you can - it's only because the commissioner(s) have not put a deadline on the final pick that you felt the need to do this, something which I don't think anyone else in the league would have considered even doing, which is why the commissioners had never put a timer on.

Were you not the one who kicked off when another team was lobbing non injured players on IR? Pretty sure you threw your dummy out back then - yet that was also allowed within the rules and the site allowed it too. I guess you just got annoyed because someone else saw they could do that first and it disadvantaged you?

Kid.

Perfect, What I actually said is the exact opposite of  what you have quasi 'quoted' here. That incident re the IR spots was the last time I remember you posting about anything outside drafts.

You were calling people scummy then if I remember. So you only come out of the woodwork to insult people and were soo excited to have another opportunity you haven't even bothered to read the posts properly and have just 'quoted' the opposite of what was said.

Anyway, I'm done with you now. No doubt you will reappear again in a couple of months, late at night and start insulting people again.

Enjoy it son.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 05:56:31 PM by bobby1 » Logged

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: August 24, 2019, 05:55:34 PM »

Actually, if you want to get something worthwhile out of this have a read thru Nash's Equlibria (um) regarding game theories. Especially in predictive settings. It's basically what playing fantasy sports, especially trading/making picks once you have mapped out what your oppo's might do and DFS games amount to, but with a bit of a twist. It's also a way to understand plotting your way thru long term betting markets as a layer/bettor too which you might find interesting. ie a Superbowl book or a Greyhound Derby market

If not I'm sure we will hear from you again when you think you can take a free shot.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 06:00:48 PM by bobby1 » Logged

MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: August 24, 2019, 06:34:06 PM »

Angle Shooter
Noun

Kid.

Perfect, What I actually said is the exact opposite of  what you have quasi 'quoted' here. That incident re the IR spots was the last time I remember you posting about anything outside drafts.

You were calling people scummy then if I remember. So you only come out of the woodwork to insult people and were soo excited to have another opportunity you haven't even bothered to read the posts properly and have just 'quoted' the opposite of what was said.

Anyway, I'm done with you now. No doubt you will reappear again in a couple of months, late at night and start insulting people again.

Enjoy it son.

This whole late at night stuff is just LOL. Along with me cancelling trades. I assume you have to be mixing me up with someone else. You basically said yourself the only times I’ve come on in years is for draft picks.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: August 24, 2019, 07:00:56 PM »

I've removed an inappropriate image from the thread.

Do not put anything like it up again please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: August 24, 2019, 07:00:56 PM »

Ok folks. Everyone that's wanted to make a point has made it.

Let's leave it there. The draft is over.

Tikay would say this is all Marky147's fault. Not exactly sure why, but I'll try it.

I blame Marky.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: August 24, 2019, 07:03:40 PM »

You know who I blame for all this?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: August 24, 2019, 07:05:40 PM »

I've removed an inappropriate image from the thread.

Do not put anything like it up again please.

My bad, forgot my audience and got carried away a little, apologies...

Actually, if you want to get something worthwhile out of this have a read thru Nash's Equlibria (um) regarding game theories. Especially in predictive settings. It's basically what playing fantasy sports, especially trading/making picks once you have mapped out what your oppo's might do and DFS games amount to, but with a bit of a twist. It's also a way to understand plotting your way thru long term betting markets as a layer/bettor too which you might find interesting. ie a Superbowl book or a Greyhound Derby market

If not I'm sure we will hear from you again when you think you can take a free shot.

I'm alright thanks kid - had a good week last week, when I rifle through all this i'll look up this Nash fella you talk about.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: August 24, 2019, 08:01:12 PM »

Good to see nothing much has happened since I last checked in.

For info, can everyone please make their picks on Yahoo by close of play on Tuesday night (ie before midnight).  Anything not processed by then is subject to my tinkering with the waiver settings after that time and, once started, any unprocessed picks will be lost and the unpicked players will go onto waivers with everyone else.

Having discussed with Tal, the initial waiver period prior to free agency will be timed so that the final week of preseason has taken place before it ends.  This is to ensure a level playing field for everyone as I don’t think that the fixtures lock during preseason games and I don’t want the player pool open to picks while games are being played in the middle of the night.  I’ll confirm exact timings once the setup is done.

Tal is currently the most active commissioner as I’m on holiday in France with sporadic access to blonde.  Please try not to give him too much to do in the meantime.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: