blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:40:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 618863 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4950 on: August 30, 2019, 09:40:35 PM »

£20 sent. Thanks 👍

Cheers David

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: August 30, 2019, 09:41:28 PM »

Paid list so far is.

Tighty
ChipRich
Me
Karmadope
Horneris
Ironside
ForthThistle

Cheers

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: September 01, 2019, 10:24:10 AM »

could we please have a waiver period on dynasty?

Season starts on Thursday, after all.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: September 01, 2019, 10:31:52 AM »

Needs fixed ASAP

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: September 01, 2019, 11:13:11 AM »

Tbh it makes sense to have the waiver after cut down day yesterday as everyone knows better than yesterday which players have been upgraded by roster changes, team changes etc and which have been devalued by getting cut etc.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: September 01, 2019, 11:14:50 AM »

Just 3 players to send their £20 entry fees for the redraft league with the midday deadline 2morrow looming.

Cheers

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: September 01, 2019, 11:15:38 AM »

But we can’t have an 8hr clock on picks. Season starts in Thursday.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: September 01, 2019, 11:22:38 AM »

Sure but waiver on say Tuesday and FA on Weds or Thursday gives everyone all the latest additions teams make from the FA pool or more trades etc.

Imagine you owned Carlos Hyde who went from 4th RB ( tho that looked like a come and trade for him move tbh) to starter in Houston or Shady McCoy who went from a low scoring O to Kansas. Both worth more now than they were yesterday. Kenny Stills moved from Fitzmagic and Rosen to Watson and a much better team. He would be a fringe roster player yesterday to much more valuable today.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: September 01, 2019, 11:30:55 AM »

waivers have been set with a tuesday deadline. then 48 hours for FA

thank you, that works.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: September 01, 2019, 11:32:39 AM »

Right, the divisions have been reset via a random number generator (which appears to have put me as the weak link in the group of death, so FML).

I've done a quick audit of the draft picks and it looks like there was one pick not processed, which was the final pick of the draft at 6.01 - Trevon Wesco by Tifosi Blackhearts.  Consequently, he's now back in the player pool and open to waiver claims.

The league settings have now been changed to set up an initial waiver period, which will be processed by Yahoo on Tuesday.  The site gives no indication of the time at which waivers will process, so I assume it will be the usual 8am processing time.  However, I would suggest not taking any chances and ensuring that all waiver claims are input by Monday night at the latest.

The waiver priority list has been reset to reflect last years finishing positions.

Once the waiver period has been processed, the site will then immediately commence another waiver period.  This is because I have to manually change the settings to continuous waivers to get this to work.  I can't change the settings back until after the initial waivers process, as this just undoes the opening waivers and resets everyone to Free Agents, so this will be done sometime on Tuesday morning, once I've seen that the waivers have cleared on the site.

As per usual, changing the settings back creates an unfair advantage for myself in that I could, in theory, immediately go in an make free agent picks once I've done so.  Consequently, we will apply the usual restriction of having a set time for free agency picks to begin.  This will be 7pm on Tuesday 3rd September (UK time), as determined by the Yahoo site clock.  Any pickups timed before 7pm (including ones at 18:59:59) will be reversed, so take care.  If you want a player so badly that you are tempted to run the risk of jumping the clock then he's probably one you should think about putting a waiver claim on in the first place.

And with that, that's the final bit of pre-season setup, prior to the Week 1 kickoff.

I've not checked my account recently for outstanding payments, but I think everyone has confirmed on here that they've paid.  I'll do a quick check later and chase any stragglers.

Good luck to everyone for the new season.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: September 01, 2019, 11:35:02 AM »

Thanks, Sheriff.

Good luck everyone.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: September 01, 2019, 11:40:19 AM »

One minor change I've made is to shorten the time players are on waivers for from 2 days to 1 day.  This doesn't impact the initial round of waivers, but will mean that any dropped players from Tuesday's claims will complete their subsequent waiver cycle on Wednesday, rather than Thursday.  Consequently, if you are tempted to bid for a player who gets dropped by another manager during this waiver cycle, you'll get to know the outcome before Thursday.

I think I'll retain this setting through the season, as there's no obvious reason why anyone dropped into the pool needs to be on waivers for 48hrs, so this is just to make everyone aware of the change.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: September 01, 2019, 12:32:45 PM »

Cheers Curtis

Fml group of death tastic!

Good luck everyone
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 12:36:49 PM by bobby1 » Logged

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: September 01, 2019, 12:36:01 PM »

Paid list so far is.

Tighty
ChipRich
Me
Karmadope
Horneris
Ironside
ForthThistle
Tal

Cheers

Just two to go, not sure if Sicilian has been on the forum recently but if anyone has a phone number for him and can drop him a text  about needing to pay for the redraft league by lunchtime 2morrow that would be great.

Tx

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: September 01, 2019, 01:25:17 PM »

Cheers Curtis

Fml group of death tastic!

Good luck everyone

Just seen.

MyTightEndErtz
#freejoshgordon
ArkansasGravediggers
Kareemmadeahuntofit
TheShaggyDefense (formerly Spider2YBanana)

Double fitness training for the Gravediggers after that. The boys are up for the challenge.

Gravediggers Hoe!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: