blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:54:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 618762 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4980 on: September 02, 2019, 07:33:45 PM »

draft room is open

order

1 the tit
2 buffalo
3 My balls
4 house
5 8legs
6 this seasons winners
7 vegas wimps
8 gash
9 CMC
10 we all hate

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: September 03, 2019, 09:17:33 AM »

Just to confirm that the waivers have now processed and I've amended the settings to the usual Game Time - Tuesday waiver period.  All the players, other than those dropped today, are now showing as free agents.

A reminder that free agency begins at 7pm this evening UK time, as timed by the Yahoo clock on the transactions.  Please don't jump the gun, as any early picks will be reversed.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: September 03, 2019, 09:40:01 AM »

Sorry I jumped gun on free agency didn't see this post

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: September 03, 2019, 09:49:52 AM »

Sorry I jumped gun on free agency didn't see this post

What about this one? 

Right, the divisions have been reset via a random number generator (which appears to have put me as the weak link in the group of death, so FML).

I've done a quick audit of the draft picks and it looks like there was one pick not processed, which was the final pick of the draft at 6.01 - Trevon Wesco by Tifosi Blackhearts.  Consequently, he's now back in the player pool and open to waiver claims.

The league settings have now been changed to set up an initial waiver period, which will be processed by Yahoo on Tuesday.  The site gives no indication of the time at which waivers will process, so I assume it will be the usual 8am processing time.  However, I would suggest not taking any chances and ensuring that all waiver claims are input by Monday night at the latest.

The waiver priority list has been reset to reflect last years finishing positions.

Once the waiver period has been processed, the site will then immediately commence another waiver period.  This is because I have to manually change the settings to continuous waivers to get this to work.  I can't change the settings back until after the initial waivers process, as this just undoes the opening waivers and resets everyone to Free Agents, so this will be done sometime on Tuesday morning, once I've seen that the waivers have cleared on the site.

As per usual, changing the settings back creates an unfair advantage for myself in that I could, in theory, immediately go in an make free agent picks once I've done so.  Consequently, we will apply the usual restriction of having a set time for free agency picks to begin.  This will be 7pm on Tuesday 3rd September (UK time), as determined by the Yahoo site clock.  Any pickups timed before 7pm (including ones at 18:59:59) will be reversed, so take care.  If you want a player so badly that you are tempted to run the risk of jumping the clock then he's probably one you should think about putting a waiver claim on in the first place.

And with that, that's the final bit of pre-season setup, prior to the Week 1 kickoff.

I've not checked my account recently for outstanding payments, but I think everyone has confirmed on here that they've paid.  I'll do a quick check later and chase any stragglers.

Good luck to everyone for the new season.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: September 03, 2019, 10:03:25 AM »

Didn't get to the end of the post missed it sorry

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: September 03, 2019, 07:18:58 PM »

Apologies for picking up Foles, didn’t realise free agency didn’t start until 7pm as stated above.

Have a few other people picked up people in free agency before stated time like Brissett and Kesean Johnson and need sticking back on free agency as was picked up before 7pm?

Cheers

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: September 03, 2019, 07:21:13 PM »

Apologies for picking up Foles, didn’t realise free agency didn’t start until 7pm as stated above.

Have a few other people picked up people in free agency before stated time like Brissett and Kesean Johnson and need sticking back on free agency as was picked up before 7pm?

Cheers

Yes, just spotted those too so am about to undo them.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: September 03, 2019, 07:48:11 PM »

Yeah I didn't see that post. Understandable considering I've not been on other than to login, post and leave.

Maybe next season let's go with free agency when the waivers clear?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: September 03, 2019, 07:49:26 PM »

In fact, forget it.

This is three years in a row now I've been screwed in free agency. I'm barely on blonde these days so don't see these posts, I generally go via the app.

This is my last season.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: September 03, 2019, 07:56:00 PM »

Yeah I didn't see that post. Understandable considering I've not been on other than to login, post and leave.

Maybe next season let's go with free agency when the waivers clear?

If you'd have read the post you'll have seen why this isn't possible, as it's explained within it.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: September 03, 2019, 08:06:08 PM »

Curtis, you and I have known each other for years and I have a lot of respect for you.

I don't know about everybody else but I honestly believe that you wouldn't abuse that because you would just waiver claim every player you wanted from free agency.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: September 03, 2019, 08:08:02 PM »

Curtis, you and I have known each other for years and I have a lot of respect for you.

I don't know about everybody else but I honestly believe that you wouldn't abuse that because you would just waiver claim every player you wanted from free agency.

Or, if this would be easier, next year just change the settings at 7pm. That way then people like me don't check the app, see free agency and select players which you then have to reverse.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: September 03, 2019, 08:19:21 PM »

Waiver claims don't always result in the player being picked up, and some players aren't worth making claims for, at a cost of waiver priority, but are worth trying to pick up in free agency.  Consequently, this isn't a solution.

Additionally, I try to set the free agency period outside of working hours so that there's less chance of someone being disadvantaged due to being at work.

This is the fairest system available to me, within the limitations of how the site operates.  I've left two posts to explain the process this week, in addition to it being the same process that has been used previously.  Believe me, I'd prefer not to have the hassle of undoing transactions, but the process is consistent with me trying to provide maximum transparency and fairness in any involvement I have with Commissioner interventions.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: September 03, 2019, 08:52:02 PM »

Waiver claims don't always result in the player being picked up, and some players aren't worth making claims for, at a cost of waiver priority, but are worth trying to pick up in free agency.  Consequently, this isn't a solution.

Additionally, I try to set the free agency period outside of working hours so that there's less chance of someone being disadvantaged due to being at work.

This is the fairest system available to me, within the limitations of how the site operates.  I've left two posts to explain the process this week, in addition to it being the same process that has been used previously.  Believe me, I'd prefer not to have the hassle of undoing transactions, but the process is consistent with me trying to provide maximum transparency and fairness in any involvement I have with Commissioner interventions.

i messed up first and missed out on a player i wanted but didn't want that much my first year so i have an excuse lol.

think it would work better though if waivers started before week 3 of preseason and FA was open for straight after  starters rarely play in week 4

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: September 03, 2019, 10:58:10 PM »

Waiver claims don't always result in the player being picked up, and some players aren't worth making claims for, at a cost of waiver priority, but are worth trying to pick up in free agency.  Consequently, this isn't a solution.

This is the fairest system available to me, within the limitations of how the site operates.  I've left two posts to explain the process this week, in addition to it being the same process that has been used previously.  Believe me, I'd prefer not to have the hassle of undoing transactions, but the process is consistent with me trying to provide maximum transparency and fairness in any involvement I have with Commissioner interventions.

i messed up first and missed out on a player i wanted but didn't want that much my first year so i have an excuse lol.

think it would work better though if waivers started before week 3 of preseason and FA was open for straight after  starters rarely play in week 4

Personally, I think it's far better after final roster cuts are made, particularly as the sites don't lock pickups while preseason games are being played.

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: