blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:37:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 611878 times)
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 24, 2011, 03:00:59 PM »

Best of luck in todays Championship game Sherrif, confident?

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 24, 2011, 03:06:22 PM »

Best of luck in todays Championship game Sherrif, confident?

You too Linux.

Not confident at all - it's looks a fairly close matchup, even ignoring the fact that nfl.com's projections are generally gash.  This is one of two final's I have this week so will be sweating both equally.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 24, 2011, 05:37:12 PM »

Two late changes required to Sheriff's Stars line up, so the likely line ups for blondeBowl I look to be as follows:

Sheriff's Stars

QB - Drew Brees, NO (YTD Points: 332.40) - The Stars will need another huge game from Brees on MNF to have any hope of victory
RB1 - Ray Rice, BAL (YTD Points: 245.44) - Another key player.  Has a great matchup vs Cleveland.
RB2 - Spiller, BUF (YTD Points: 83.20) - Hit and miss since taking over from Fred Jackson, but coming off a huge game last week.
WR1 - Larry Fitzgerald, ARI (YTD Points: 157.70) - Has been the one reliable performer in an inconsistent Arizona team.  Still one of the best out there.
WR2 - AJ Green, CIN (YTD Points: 145.40) - Amazing rookie season.  This guy will be an NFL star for years to come, but is carrying an shoulder injury into today's game.
TE - Aaron Hernandez, NE (YTD Points: 109.40) - Red hot at the start of the year, but then Gronkowski went crazy and started wolfing all the touchdowns.  Had a huge game last week, benefitting from Gronk being double covered for most of the game.
Flex - Kahlil Bell, CHI (YTD Points: 28.90) - Injury to Helu forces a change, but Bell should get a heavy workload tomorrow now that Barber is out.  Looked good last week, and a new Bears QB should hopefully keep the ball on the ground a bit.  The worry is if the Bears have to start chasing the game.
K - Shayne Graham, BAL (YTD Points: 18.00) - A week 16 pickup by the Ravens due to Cundiff's injury.  Should have a good matchup vs Cleveland.
DEF - Seattle (YTD Points: 141.00) - Potentially a risky play vs SF, but they rely heavily on their DEF to win and this should be a low scoring, defence dominated game.

Ruxin's Ravens

QB - Tony Romo, DAL (YTD Points: 260.10) - Inconsistent in real-life, but generally solid as a Fantasy QB.  Huge game tonight vs PHI, as they could be going to clinch the NFC East or trying to stop the Eagles being live going into Wk17.
RB1 - Michael Bush, OAK (YTD Points: 168.20) - Done well covering for McFadden but has a tough matchup on the road at KC.
RB2 - LeSean McCoy, PHI (YTD Points: 275.90) - Arguably the best running back in the NFL this year.  Virtually matchup proof and should contribute healthy points tonight.
WR1 - Jordy Nelson, GB (YTD Points: 158.60) - Now the No1 WR on the Packers and a huge threat, but was anonymous last week.  Was he benefitting from Greg Jenning dictating coverage in his monster games?
WR2 - Brandon Marshall, MIA (YTD Points: 130.10) - Will get a lot of targets in a great matchup against the Pats no-name secondary.  Miami might need to air it to keep up.
TE - Jason Witten, DAL (YTD Points: 114.90) - Always likely to get a lot of targets, and PHI generally give up a lot of points to opposing TEs.
Flex - Frank Gore, SF (YTD Points: 160.00) - Solid performer but might get a reduced workload due to niggling injuries.  Not the best matchup vs Seattle.
K - Stephen Gostkowsk, NE (YTD Points: 131.00) - Should be involved in a shootout tonight vs MIA.  Hopefully it's extra points, rather than field goals he'll be kicking.
DEF - Steelers (YTD Points: 106.00) - A surprise waiver wire pickup this week (the surprise being that they were available!)  Great matchup vs the terrible Rams with a No3 QB playing for them.

Lots of uncertainty as to the outcome.  Could potentially be very close!

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 25, 2011, 01:22:08 AM »

Huge facepalm at Linux for not having a back up plan at QB in-case the Giants looked like they would win as they did.

Even if he didn't get hurt the Cowboys came out and said they would've given Romo limited action in a game that was pretty much meaningless to them if the Giants won (and they were up 8 points at the kick off of the Dallas game looking a lock.)

I'm even more bitter about my absurd semi final defeat (penalty on the Akers field goal for me leading to a Frank Gore TD for him) now that I clearly would have hosed up in the final vs Sheriff.

Sheriff was a great competitor, a deserved champion in this final and the 2nd best player by miles but the best team all season long and the best manager all season long lost in the semis due to a jumping penalty on Lawrence Timmons, a man who will be receiving a very very nasty letter in the post in the coming days.

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 25, 2011, 08:50:59 AM »

Well played Sheriff deserving winner. Shame about the whole Romo thing but that's fantasy life.

Thanks to everyone who participated  with most of whom did it in a gentlemanly fashion.

Bring on next year.

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 26, 2011, 10:31:16 AM »

Thanks to Jordy Nelson, this isn't quite dead and buried yet.  Going into the final game the Raven's have a 7.6 point lead, with the Stars relying on Drew Brees to get these points.

Brees' season lowest score is 10.66pts, bizarrely in a defeat to the Rams, so it should happen, provided Brees can stay healthy through the game.

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2011, 03:27:53 PM »

Well Done Sheriff, and that for running it, looking forward to next years. UL in the final Mood, fyl!
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »

thanks sheriff

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 12, 2012, 10:32:16 PM »

I've just re-activated the league for the new season, so am starting to make preliminary plans for the new league.

For now I just want to try and get an early start on drumming up players (both from last season and any new recruits who want in).

One suggestion (which worked well in another league I played last season) is to have a variable buy-in, as some players found the stakes a bit low last year, but I don't want to put off any new entries.  Basically, the prize pool would work in the same way as a side-pot in poker.  The lowest prize pool is paid out amongst all the players, with the excess funds being paid out to the highest placed players who have bought in for the higher amount.

I'd definitely keep the original $20 entry fee as the base level.  Open to suggestions for the other amounts.  Something like $100 and $250 might work, or perhaps a single second tier of $100.  In the one in which we did this last year the three levels were $0, $35 and $100.  No-one went for $0, 8 did $35 and 4 did $100.  Overall it worked really well.

So, if you fancy playing Fantasy NFL when the season kicks off in September, pop your name in the thread and I'll get round to setting things up as the season draws closer.  I just want to give as much time as possible to get as many players as I can without a last-minute panic!

Any questions, feel free to post them in the thread.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 12, 2012, 10:35:08 PM »

Me please 

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2012, 10:36:24 PM »

Me please 

Good man!  Had a whole recruitment speech planned for you at the blonde bash and never got chance to unleash it Smiley

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 12, 2012, 10:38:56 PM »

Me please 

Good man!  Had a whole recruitment speech planned for you at the blonde bash and never got chance to unleash it Smiley

haha but I'm easy when it comes to fantasy NFL.Was good to see you mate, it's a shame we both stayed in so long and didn't get a chance to talk more.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2012, 12:24:16 AM »

Definitely IN for next season too.

Would be in for $100 for sure, probably not $250 as in 2 other money leagues already.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2012, 12:34:21 AM »

In unless I get in another huff and stop posting on blondepoker again. Smiley

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 13, 2012, 12:42:36 AM »