blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:20:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 612160 times)
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2012, 11:34:12 PM »

I take it you're going to randomise the divisions when every1 is in? (you can do it in the manage section i think)

jinx

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2012, 12:39:39 AM »

I take it you're going to randomise the divisions when every1 is in? (you can do it in the manage section i think)

jinx

Yes, will randomise the divisions and draft order before it goes live.  Waiting for all the teams to get finalised first and leaving as late as possible to avoid having to do it twice.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2012, 02:09:53 AM »

Right, I've amended the league to reflect the 12 players we're expecting (no-one spotted that I failed to add up previously and was talking about 14 players, so I've updated my previous post on this!)

bobby1 should also now have an invite to sign up his team.  There are two blank teams waiting to be filled by Camel and Marky.

I've made some changes as follows, mainly based on experience in other leagues, which I think will improve things.  Hopefully, the explanations below will explain everything, but please let me know of any issues as I can still make adjustments to reverse things if there's anything controversial:

1) Trades I've changed the trade veto from a league vote to the Commish (i.e. me) having veto power.  This isn't a shot a world domination, just a means to make the league run more smoothly.  If a trade gets put to the vote, it usually takes 2-3 days to be processed while the vote stays open, causing frustration if a trade takes place near game-time and doesn't happen that week (even worse if someone in the trade then gets injured before it processes and all hell breaks loose).  Having it referred to me is purely a means to speed things up when trades are agreed between teams.  Basically, if you're unhappy with a trade then get in touch ASAP and I'll review it, but we won't have an automatic 48-72hr voting period until it gets processed.

The general guideline is that I'm not going to police stupidity, hence 'bad'/uneven trades that you manage to agree are fine.  I'll only intervene if I suspect there's collusion or if someone complains and I review and uphold the complaint (the review process generally being to ask the managers to justify it from their viewpoint.  Provided there's a valid explanation as to why it benefits their team, then that should generally suffice.  Consequently, I'd be surprised if I need to take any action on any trades during the season, so I don't expect this change to actually have any impact on things.

2) Waivers I've amended the waiver rules so that it's now a continual rolling list, rather than everything reverting based on league standings each week.  This brings an element of tactics into the waiver process as holding the top waiver spot has an element of value to it, which is sometimes worth protecting.

3) Rosters I've amended the rosters to add a 2nd Tight End, so we have one additional player to draft this season compared to last year.  I've also adjusted the flex spot to now be WR/RB/TE rather than just WR/RB which should give people more options to fill that spot.  With 12 teams, there should still be plenty of depth in the player pool.

4) Play-Offs I've amended the play-offs so that they now involve 6 teams over weeks 14, 15 & 16 (for newbies, week 17 is such a lottery with players being rested that it's not worth including).  Now that we have 12 teams, I don't want to restrict the playoffs to only 4 teams as this might rule some teams out of contention at too early a stage.  The play-offs now work a bit like the real NFL, with the top 2 teams getting byes on the first week (and there's a matching structure for the bottom 6 teams, so everyone will be involved in a post-season knockout for at least one week).

Division Structure Finally, there's one change (or not) that I'm torn between, and I want to put it to the vote on here.  That's as to whether we retain 2 divisions of 6 teams, or move to a single division of 12 teams.

There are pros and cons to both - 2 divisions generally keeps things alive for everyone for longer, but sometimes throws up odd results where a 'better' team in a tough division misses out on the playoffs (we had a skewed league for most of the season last year).  I'd be reluctant to do a single league if we had the numbers from last season (i.e. only 4 from 10 qualified), but moving to playoffs which are 6 teams from 12 now makes the target of 'top-half' more suited to this format.

Could everyone please post below as to their preference for 1 division or 2 before 11pm on Monday night.  If I don't get much feedback or there's a division of opinion on this then I'll leave unchanged, based on the fact that we have a precedent already, but it's open to everyone to voice their opinion.

That's it for now.  I'll chase up outstanding payments again tomorrow evening or Monday morning and will work to a deadline of 5pm on Tuesday for payment to be received.  If I've not had it then, I'll assume it's not coming and will remove teams from the league to reflect this.  Hopefully this gives everyone time to get sorted, and fair warning as to what action I'll take ahead of the draft.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:17:10 AM by Sheriff Fatman » Logged

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2012, 03:42:54 AM »

Don't mind either way

Vote for 1 league if I have to vote!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2012, 03:43:05 AM »

1 division for me
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2012, 03:45:21 AM »

2 then I guess

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2012, 09:56:08 AM »

2 if pushed for a choice.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 26, 2012, 03:31:06 PM »

1 big league sounds good

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 26, 2012, 03:51:06 PM »

I will change to 1 league, was just trying to wind LeKnave up.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 26, 2012, 04:33:58 PM »

1 Div for me, just to agree with Horneris

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: August 26, 2012, 04:59:54 PM »

I will change to 1 league, was just trying to wind LeKnave up.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 27, 2012, 12:17:50 AM »

Just to make everyone aware, I've been working on getting a backup in place just in case we end up with an odd number close to the draft, and it looks like I've now got one.  I'd rather go down this route than ask Marky147 to drop out (appreciate the offer though) and it gives me some insurance with regard to any late drop-outs (or perhaps additions, he says hopefully!)

For info, he runs the double lineup league I've mentioned on here and will step in if needed.

He's not on blonde (as yet) but I'll ask him to pop onto the thread if he ends up playing (in which case he'll be in for $100).

This means that Marky147 can now ship funds, as he's in regardless (will send PM aswell).

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 27, 2012, 02:14:49 PM »

Is there a league pasword you are sending out?

"This is an email reminder that your team PancakeBlock in league blondepoker NFL is scheduled to draft on Aug 28, 2012 9:00pm BST.

You may also personalize player rankings in case you can't make it to the draft. You can do this at any time by visiting the Fantasy Football home page and clicking on your team name, then "Pre-Draft Rankings."

League Website: http://blondepoker.league.fantasy.nfl.com

If the link isn't working, please copy and paste the entire URL into your browser."

clicking that link requires a password

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: August 27, 2012, 02:27:25 PM »

gonna pull out guys, got too much stuff on this week with a wedding. Sorry for inconvenience
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 27, 2012, 03:33:17 PM »

Is there a league pasword you are sending out?

"This is an email reminder that your team PancakeBlock in league blondepoker NFL is scheduled to draft on Aug 28, 2012 9:00pm BST.

You may also personalize player rankings in case you can't make it to the draft. You can do this at any time by visiting the Fantasy Football home page and clicking on your team name, then "Pre-Draft Rankings."

League Website: http://blondepoker.league.fantasy.nfl.com

If the link isn't working, please copy and paste the entire URL into your browser."

clicking that link requires a password

Do you not have access to your existing team when you log in?  I think the password required there is your user ID password for nfl.com as you're still a part of the league from last season.

Let me know if still a problem after trying this.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: