blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:37:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 616369 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 26, 2012, 08:06:36 PM »

Can see why it appeals more to you Tighty as you have Rosario and Fleener, not Finley, Witten and Chandler

but Miller is on bye week, why didn't you just wait till next week!!!

fwiw guys my problem with Jek was less about the trade offer and more about the fact that he claimed Miller was an upgrade to Witten then backed down when offered a wager, therefore he was comprehensively lying to someone he thought knew little about the sport.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 26, 2012, 08:11:20 PM »

Someone has got to want Jay Cutler.

Surely?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
jek187

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 26, 2012, 10:27:29 PM »

He offered me the worst trade I have ever been offered in any fantasy league. Heath Miller (pick 153 in the draft) for Jeremy Maclin (pick 68).

Hey, it's not my fault you overdrafted WRs and underdrafted TEs.

I am aware that tightends hold extra value in this league but this is a below average tightend

We currently roster 31 TEs in our league. Do you want to make a bet about if Miller will finish in the top 15? No? That's what I thought.

Trade rape isn't a crime, you can just say no, but it his reply to me when I said no and asked if he was talking the piss that I have a problem with and I wouldn't like to see other forum members be hoodwinked by this menace.

Jek "Didn't think I was taking the piss. I figured you could use an upgrade over Witten, and Maclin is just a reserve for you, so it seemed to me that the deal made sense. In terms of total value, Heath is even worth a hair more than Maclin imo. But to each their own, I'll leave you out of future offers so as to avoid offending you in the future."

Funny thing here from someone so obsessed with calling someone else a liar, how you distorted the actual chain of events. I send you the (very reasonable) Miller for Maclin offer, and you counter with Ogletree, Schaub, Donald Brown, and Matt Bryant (yes, a kicker) for Matt Ryan, Jimmy Graham, Miles Austin, and DeMarco Murray. In the comments for the trade rejection, I put something along the lines of "I don't understand this offer". To which you replied "The point is that if you take the piss, I take the piss." This is a little different chain of events than what you described.

I was amazed he claimed Heath Miller was an upgrade over Jason Witten. Witten is coming into full health now after a spleen injury and it is only a matter of time till he starts firing again (he dropped a simple 40 yard td after running a beautiful route on Sunday). So i replied offering him a small wager, $50 or $100 Witten vs Miller fantasy points from this point onwards.

The reason that Jek claimed I had to make the trade was that Miller was an upgrade on Witten and on that statement alone I wanted to make a wager which I was certain he would have to accept after what he said, surely?

If we're going to make every statement made as a betting point, then let's do it. Witten vs. Miller, Miller vs. TE15, and to prove that not only was my initial offer not the "worst offer he ever received in any fantasy league" but actually a sensible one, I'd like to repropose my other betting offer, that we compare Maclin to WR30 (the number of starting WRs in our league (24 + 6 flex)) and Miller to TE24 (the number of starting TEs in our league) and show that Miller is actually more valuable than Maclin.

fwiw guys my problem with Jek was less about the trade offer and more about the fact that he claimed Miller was an upgrade to Witten then backed down when offered a wager, therefore he was comprehensively lying to someone he thought knew little about the sport.

Oh ffs, you call my offer to you the "worst offer you've ever received in any fantasy league" and are obviously incensed by it, so you do the childish thing and counter my reasonable offer with a total pile of crap. And you say I backed down from the bet when I merely said I preferred the other one I outlined. It seems to me the trade is what really upset you, but you have become convinced it was a pretty solid offer, so now have to hang your hat on the Witten/Miller comment. And you have the audacity to say I'm "comprehensively lying".

If you want to put your money where your mouth is, let's do this.
1) Miller vs. Witten for weeks 4-16 for $100.
2) Miller vs. TE15 for $100.
3) Miller compared to TE24 vs. Maclin compared to WR30. I'm willing to bet any amount you want here. I figure since that was the "worst trade you've ever received" that you'd be happy to lay odds here that Miller isn't more valuable than Maclin. I'm not even going to ask for that. But if you want to put $10k on this to really put a '!' on your point, then I'll be happy to entertain that.
4) Any chance we get you to bet on that clunker you proposed to me? Yeah, didn't think so.

All bets escrowed and arbitrated by Fatman, assuming he agrees to do it.

"Hello Jek, loving your Posts, though I can't pretend to undersatand a word of then. Fun to read though, & I go cross-eyed working them out."
-- tikay 8/31/12
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 26, 2012, 10:37:32 PM »

He offered me the worst trade I have ever been offered in any fantasy league. Heath Miller (pick 153 in the draft) for Jeremy Maclin (pick 68).

he drafted finley, witten and chandler...

jek187

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 26, 2012, 10:45:46 PM »

he drafted finley, witten and chandler...

Fair enough. Consider my corrected post to read:

"Hey, it's not my fault the league overdrafted WRs and underdrafted TEs and you mistakenly used that as an accurate gauge of value."

"Hello Jek, loving your Posts, though I can't pretend to undersatand a word of then. Fun to read though, & I go cross-eyed working them out."
-- tikay 8/31/12
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 26, 2012, 10:47:14 PM »

I haven't got a danny what's going on, but I would just like to know who is Ruxin  and who is Kevin in this little exchange?

Tongue

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 26, 2012, 10:54:56 PM »

wow, Jek really seems like a slimeball with his latest post. Offering out $10,000 cock-waving wagers.

Still won't take the $100 Witten v Miller bet after claiming Miller was an upgrade I see. What a surprise.

We had a nice friendly league last season were everyone had fun with each other and no one tried to take advantage of anyone. Whereas I see Jek has put a severe dent in poor Tightends chances this season with the trade today.

I will be rooting for his opponent every single week from here on out in the hopes that good, honest, friendly forum people overcome evil hustlers.

jek187

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 26, 2012, 11:15:21 PM »

wow, Jek really seems like a slimeball with his latest post. Offering out $10,000 cock-waving wagers.

Still won't take the $100 Witten v Miller bet after claiming Miller was an upgrade I see. What a surprise.

We had a nice friendly league last season were everyone had fun with each other and no one tried to take advantage of anyone. Whereas I see Jek has put a severe dent in poor Tightends chances this season with the trade today.

I will be rooting for his opponent every single week from here on out in the hopes that good, honest, friendly forum people overcome evil hustlers.

I was all set to tear this post of bollocks apart, when it finally hit me what I was dealing with here. I hate being out leveled, so well done sir, well done.

-- tikay 8/31/12
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 26, 2012, 11:20:46 PM »

I was all set to tear this post of bollocks apart, when it finally hit me what I was dealing with here. I hate being out leveled, so well done sir, well done.

rofl
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 27, 2012, 08:06:06 AM »

I haven't got a danny what's going on, but I would just like to know who is Ruxin  and who is Kevin in this little exchange?

Tongue

I'm Ruxin, finalist last year. Hollo this year

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 27, 2012, 09:37:25 AM »

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 27, 2012, 11:28:09 AM »

That is simply fantastic!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 27, 2012, 07:01:48 PM »

Thanks for promptly accepting our trade Sheriff

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 27, 2012, 08:52:13 PM »

yeah, ty Sheriff. Big 3 way trade. Prob got worst of it on all fronts, Cj2k has really fked me. Just hope Mendanhall can be what he used to be. gombol gombol.

Least i got Calvinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 28, 2012, 12:02:39 AM »

yeah, ty Sheriff. Big 3 way trade. Prob got worst of it on all fronts, Cj2k has really fked me. Just hope Mendanhall can be what he used to be. gombol gombol.

Least i got Calvinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

No problems - that was the point of switching to the Commish veto option, so that these things could be sped up.

Just so everyone is aware, I've agreed a trade with jek.  As this involves myself, I'm not going to clear it for 24 hours so that everyone has a chance to review it and raise any issues.  I'll adopt this policy with regard to any trades that I'm involved with so that things are kept transparent.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: