blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 616286 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 01, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »

lol well done

I thought I had a right spot in Andre Roberts, then that Philly D did a superb job and what looked like a sure thing fell on the NYG running backs and Martellus getting 2 points combined

grrrrrr

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 01, 2012, 12:29:04 PM »

Looks like I'll have to sweat the stat adjustments this week as I'm currently being shown as 0.84 points ahead of linux in our matchup!

Don't worry Sheriff, i don't run that good.

Congrats

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 05, 2012, 01:32:37 AM »

Greg the Leg......58 and 60 yard field goals for the Rams

Not on my bench, either

going to be a fantasy league kicker for 10 years Mr Zuerlein

(not that it matters!)

I'm loving the nickname Legatron too Rich

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 06, 2012, 11:07:14 AM »

Bit late in the day but here's the Week 4 Update:

Sheriff (3-1) 84.10 - Linux (0-4) 83.26 - In a high scoring week, Sheriff's score of 84.10 (the 3rd lowest in the week) was enough to squeak by luckless Linux, who is still searching for his first win, and it was pretty much all down to Tom Brady, who's 32 point haul was the only double digit score on Sheriff's team.  Linux had big contributions from the WR position, and could have sneaked a few more points into the total by picking Dalton ahead of Eli (as could I by getting the Bills' RB lottery correct and somehow predicting that Joel Dreesen >> Vernon Davis this week!) but otherwise suffered from a similarly mediocre haul from the remainder of the roster.  Thankfully, Sheriff's powers of run-good were enough to sneak a fortunate win.

Tighty (2-2) 107.10 - ChipRich (2-2) 115.72 - In contrast to the above, Tighty's team managed to be the only team in the week to pull in a 100+ point haul and lose, to ChipRich.  To add insult to injury, the result was largely down to a bizarre combo of events from two of his beloved Cowboy's divisional rivals, the Giants and the Eagles.  The Eagles DEF managed to largely snuff out the two Giant's RBs that Tighty played, and restrict Martellus Bennet to 2 rec yds, yet only managed to contribute 3 points to his score due to a lack of turnovers in the game.  Consequently, the Birds won't be shooting up his popularity rankings anytime soon.  Rich's team were led home by Peyton Manning's 25 points and the shocking display from Chris Johnson, who conned owners everywhere (myself included in another league) into believing that he might be remotely competent for the rest of the season.  Cue the next few weeks of him being started and returning to his previous form of averaging 15 rushing yards per game.

Nakor (4-0) 143.84 - LeKnave (2-2) 81.66 - There's no stopping Nakor at the moment, and to emphasise the point he opens a 60+ pts can of whoopass winning margin on LeKnave to move out to 4-0 in the league.  There were a lot of big name players in this match up, and most pulled in a reasonable haul of points.  The key difference came at the lesser positions where the TE's, K and DEF combined scores ran out 47.50 - 12.70.  LeKnave will be considering the wisdom of his trade for Dennis Pitta, who produced a goose egg in his debut for the team and got the week off to the worst possible start, but in the end there was little he could do to stop the freight train of Nakor's team.  I doubt it's very often that a team boasting Rice, Peterson, Harvin and Welker will be on the end of such a convincing defeat.

Camel (2-2) 97.16 - Horneris (3-1) 123.02 - Brent scores a convincing win to move to 3-1 against The Camel, who suffered badly from bye weeks at the WR spot.  He did leave points on the bench with Davone Bess, but nothing would have changed the overall result.  Horner's team were led by RG3, AJ Green and a return to form for Jason Witten and could have ended up with a monster score with different selections at TE2 and Flex.  In the end it didn't matter and he moves ominously into 2nd spot in the rankings.

WPIL (1-3) 113.86 - jek187 (1-3) 97.16 - A no-contest in the Comedy result of the week battle as WPIL's apparently abandoned team score a convincing win over jek's micro-analysed team, despite continuing to play an inactive Dustin Keller for the 3rd week in a row.  Most of the damage was done by only 3 players on the team, as Stafford, Roddy White and the 49ers DEF contributed 76pts of the total, with all the others bringing <10pt scores.  By comparison, jek's team were let down by generally sub-par scores, particularly from the big name TE's and the RB department.  WPIL would no doubt have been celebrating this result long into the week but the chances are he's still not even aware of it!

bobby1 (3-1) 121.24 - Marky147/sharplea (1-3) 95.18 - Another solid win for Phil's team, who moves to 3-1 thanks to 20+ point hauls from Brees, Lynch and the Texans' DEF.  Taco-style had a better scoring week overall, but can surely have expected more than 6pts from QB Romo (NB: easy opportunity for Sheriff to take a cheap shot at Dallas!)  Chances are, the shortfall going into Monday was always too much to ask, but they would have least expected to be coming away with a 100pt week as consolation.  It's proving to be a tough baptism for the newbie combo, which they perhaps expected, but let's see if they can turn things around in the next few weeks.

4 weeks in and there's a symmetry to the league with 1x4-0 team, 1x0-4 team, 3x3-1 teams, 3x1-3 teams and everyone else sitting at 2-2.  Still wide open, and with the target for post-season action being 6th place, there's plenty of time for everyone to get into contention.  We've had the Thursday night game already, so week 5 games are already underway.  Tighty leads the way so far with 11.20 points vs Sheriff but has used 2 team members to get there (including Legatron!).  Elsewhere, there's a top vs bottom fixture between Nakor and Linux and an intriguing matchup between 2 teams at 3-1 with Horner vs bobby1.

Here's to another great weekend of NFL action!
[/quote]
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:12:25 AM by Sheriff Fatman » Logged

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 06, 2012, 06:11:26 PM »

I'm not being facetious here Sheriff but is there a player missing from that trade listed as accepted?

Antonio Brown for D Jax and Miles Austin?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 06, 2012, 08:08:38 PM »

I'm not being facetious here Sheriff but is there a player missing from that trade listed as accepted?

Antonio Brown for D Jax and Miles Austin?

No, the details are correct.  

However, I did put the 24hour rule in place for my own trades to allow for scrutiny, given that I've set myself up to fast-track the trade process, so will assume that your email is such a query.  Even if not intended to be as such I'd rather have my trades subject to scrutiny than cause any suspicion among the managers.

As per my post (link below) further up the thread the basic rule to be applied in these circumstances is for the managers concerned to give a justification of the deal from their perspective, so I'll set out mine below and ask jek to do the same.  Normally I'd get the two managers involved to do this via PM for me to adjudicate, but obviously can't do that here.

To give the background, that's the trade that was offered to me.  First reaction was surprise & that it looked too good to be true, which immediately led to suspicion as jek is normally a sod to try and agree a trade with and has access to much better and more timely information, so I parked it for a few hours and trawled the internet for news of injuries to one or both players.  I couldn't find any, but haven't ruled out the fact that he might know something I don't.

However, from my perspective, I think there's too much upside to turn down.  Brown is undoubtedly the safer WR to have of the three and is now through his bye week (DJax is a feast or famine type player, and subject to bouts of petulance, Austin is a permanent injury risk) but I can't turn this down as offered.

Can't speak for jek's thinking on this, so will ask him to post on the thread.  It'll then be open to all the managers to give their thoughts ahead of 1pm tomorrow.  If it goes through, it will need to be processed before the games kick off, but is now officially 'under review' until that time.

Edit: Link to earlier post http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=54617.msg1625851#msg1625851
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:24:20 PM by Sheriff Fatman » Logged

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

jek187

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 06, 2012, 08:30:16 PM »

As many GMs can probably attest, I've been shopping 2 WRs for 1 for a couple weeks now. I guess Sheriff was finally the one who found an offer to his liking. Fwiw, I have Brown as WR9 going forward, Austin as WR17, and DeSean as WR29. This trade was the 8th of these I'd proposed this week, so quite a few others had a shot at this type of deal. I can get into the 'why' of my rankings if it would assuage any concerns.

"Hello Jek, loving your Posts, though I can't pretend to undersatand a word of then. Fun to read though, & I go cross-eyed working them out."
-- tikay 8/31/12
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 07, 2012, 01:20:35 PM »

I've heard nothing further on this (and it seems from jek's post that I wasn't the only one to receive a similar offer) so I'll be putting this trade through within the next hour.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 07, 2012, 01:33:07 PM »

I've heard nothing further on this (and it seems from jek's post that I wasn't the only one to receive a similar offer) so I'll be putting this trade through within the next hour.

I think you have a steal there mate, I can see why Brown would be wanted given he is thru the bye and has good match ups later in the season and it could be argued that the two wr you are getting are playing for QB that have had iffy starts.

Gl mate

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 11, 2012, 07:04:58 PM »

Damn you all for getting me hooked on this.

I'm now playing some random non-prize leagues run by the site and still drafting. Somehow managed to pull one out of my ass and get this starting line-up for my newest league:

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Stevan Ridley
RB: Alfred Morris
WR: Brian Hartline
WR: AJ Green
TE: Tony Gonzalez
R/W: C.J. Spiller
K: Greg Zuerlein
DEF: Cardinals

BN: Andy Dalton
BN: Rashard Mendenhall
BN: Marques Colston (bye)
BN: Michael Crabtree
BN: Owen Daniels
BN: Bears (bye)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 11, 2012, 07:12:29 PM »

More by luck than judgement, I'm suddenly loving my team.

If Aaron Hernandez hurries back from injury that is.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: October 11, 2012, 08:13:19 PM »

The next 4/5 weeks are going to be awful. I need a number of miracles to keep the dream alive.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 11, 2012, 08:14:30 PM »

The next 4/5 weeks are going to be awful. I need a number of miracles to keep the dream alive.

giq son
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 11, 2012, 08:18:43 PM »

Anyone want to lay me a friendly 10/1 about winning this?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 11, 2012, 08:25:01 PM »

Can't lay you 10s.

What price can i get on me vs you tho? Want some interest as only in for $20 in this

Baring in mind i have, Bobby1, Jek, Jones and Nakor in the next 5 weeks and im 2-3 and your 3-2 too.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: