blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:43:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 612210 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: July 07, 2013, 11:01:22 AM »

In after last year - is there any way we can choose individual defensive positions rather than just a team DEF?
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 07, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »

In after last year - is there any way we can choose individual defensive positions rather than just a team DEF?

Probably not this season, until I've played a league with them in and assessed what value (or not) they add to the experience (I'm drafting one at the moment, which is an online auction-based draft, which is also a new experience).

My view ahead of playing them, is that they're similar to kickers and DEF, in that it's a bit of a lottery as to what you get so it's more of a lottery to pick them.  If so, having more of this on the roster would be -EV.

Also, I still want to keep things relatively simple to attract new players, so the team DEF works in that respect.

Hope that doesn't read as too dismissive, but much of what I've done with this league so far has been based on the good/bad from other leagues I've played, so I wouldn't introduce anything to it that I'd not test driven over a full season first.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 07, 2013, 12:38:12 PM »

Probably not this season, until I've played a league with them in and assessed what value (or not) they add to the experience (I'm drafting one at the moment, which is an online auction-based draft, which is also a new experience).

My view ahead of playing them, is that they're similar to kickers and DEF, in that it's a bit of a lottery as to what you get so it's more of a lottery to pick them.  If so, having more of this on the roster would be -EV.

Also, I still want to keep things relatively simple to attract new players, so the team DEF works in that respect.

Hope that doesn't read as too dismissive, but much of what I've done with this league so far has been based on the good/bad from other leagues I've played, so I wouldn't introduce anything to it that I'd not test driven over a full season first.

No worries - definitely trust in you Smiley
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #738 on: July 08, 2013, 09:39:03 AM »

Thanks for running again Sheriff.

In for the $20.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 24, 2013, 01:28:39 PM »

Looking promising so far - 9 confirmed returnees, plus three newcomers.

Confirmed Returnees and Buy In (please check and advise if incorrect):
Sheriff $100
Tighty $20
Nakor $20
sharplea $20
linux $20
bobby1 $100
WPIL $20
Camel $100 (?)
LeKnave $100 (?)

Newbies:
Tal $20
rinswun $20
Longy $20

Still to hear from:
Horneris
ChipRich

The door is still open to any other newcomers who are interested, but I'm encouraged by the interest so far.  Perhaps for the first time I won't be scrambling around 5 minutes before the auction to get an even number of players to let it run on time!!

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 24, 2013, 02:49:38 PM »

yep, in for $100.

About 99% certain BH will be in too. Will tell him to let you know.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 24, 2013, 11:06:20 PM »

obv in.

$100 plz, I'm not a pigeon. Well I am but this is my year.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 25, 2013, 02:54:32 PM »

obv in.

$100 plz, I'm not a pigeon. Well I am but this is my year.

Good to hear.  Your annual retirement after a play-off defeat is part of the tradition of the league Smiley

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 07, 2013, 11:43:38 PM »

When are we setting this up?
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 12, 2013, 05:32:10 PM »

When are we setting this up?

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 13, 2013, 11:28:55 AM »

Good to see some managers chomping at the bit already!

I don't want to clash with all the Premiership fantasy league stuf that's going on at the moment as people will be focusing on that for now.

Expect news next week, once that is out of the way.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 13, 2013, 04:37:52 PM »

Good to see some managers chomping at the bit already!

I don't want to clash with all the Premiership fantasy league stuf that's going on at the moment as people will be focusing on that for now.

Expect news next week, once that is out of the way.

Awesome Smiley

Must start researching...
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 22, 2013, 03:11:24 AM »

OK then, time to get moving to finalise the new league, now that the Premiership competitions have kicked off.

Based on the replies to date, it looks like we'll have 14 players, as follows, who have opted for the following entry fees:

Sheriff $100
bobby1 $100
Camel $100
LeKnave $100
Horneris $100
ChipRich $100
Tighty $20
Nakor $20
sharplea $20
linux $20
WPIL $20
Tal $20
rinswun $20
Longy $20

Consequently, the league has been set up for the new season assuming 14 players.  If anything changes in this respect then I may review the rosters again depending on the numbers.

(1) Payment
Payment deadline is 24 hours before the draft commences, but the earlier the better from my point of view.  This is to ensure that I have sufficient time to deal with any last minute issues (such as an odd number of paid up teams, which will prevent the draft from running).

Preferred method is via Stars to User ID 'debaser'.  If not feasible for anyone, then please PM me for bank details.  I will confirm on the thread as and when funds are received.

(2) The Draft
No-one has raised any objections to the proposed date and time, so this is now set for Tuesday 3rd September at 9pm.  For the newbies, this will take 1-2 hours to complete.  The site has a standard auto-draft ranking which it will use to auto-pick for any absentees, which can be customised ahead of the draft, so it's a good idea to tinker around with this, just in case.

(3)The Divisions And Play-Offs
I'm open to views on this but the current settings are for a single division of 14 teams, rather than 2 divisions of 7 teams.  Due to the skewed divisional strengths we had in Season 1, I think this is the fairest method to determine the play-off spots.

I've also kept the playoff format the same as last season (i.e. 6 teams qualify, playoffs played in weeks 14-16).  The alternative is 8 teams, but I think this will be a little too random to have over half of the teams qualifying and it would remove the bye-weeks for the top two seeds (which I like as it provides some form of benefit for league performance).  Again, if there's strong opinion to do 8 team playoffs then I'll reconsider this, so feel free to voice your opinion.

(4) Rosters
Due to the additional teams I've made a couple of changes to the roster settings from last season.  There is now only 1 Tight End slot on the starting line-up (I'm sure you're all gutted about this).  Instead I've added a second flex spot, and amended the existing flex spot, so that Flex 1 is now WR or RB (i.e. no TE anymore) and Flex 2 is WR or TE.  Consequently, it's still possible to play 2xTEs if you like, but you can use an additional WR in that slot if you prefer.

I've also increased the benches by 1 slot, so there are now 7 bench slots available.  This, plus the 2 extra teams, will make the free agent pool at little shallower than last season, but not to the extent where you'll be looking at 3rd choice RBs as the value on the waiver wire!

(5) Scoring
I've made a couple of minor tweaks to the scoring.  Kickers will now score negative points for misses (-1 for PAT, and -3 for Field Goals under 40yds).  FG misses from over 40yds have no penalty.  Also, DEF will now score 1pt for any blocked kicks.  I've played leagues with and without this, and I prefer this format as it gives the Kickers the ability to frustrate managers in the same way that the other positions do.  Someone will suffer a 6pt swing at some point when their man misses from 20 yards, and I look forward to the abuse (for both the kicker, and for me) that this will generate on the thread!  God help me if it happens to be the Camel!

Everything else is unchanged, and 'standard' scoring.  The main thing to be aware of is that passing TD's for QB's earn 4 points (I tinkered with 6, but ultimately opted against this).

(6) Prizes
Assuming the numbers and fees as above then we'll have 12 teams competing for the $20 prize pool of $280, and 6 teams competing for the 'side-pot' of $480 (i.e. 6x$80).  I think 14 teams is about the point where a runner's up prize is reasonable so I propose the following payouts:

$20 League - 1st $240, Runner Up $40
$100 League - 1st $480 (effectively a 6 team league so no 2nd place prize).  If there's no clear winner of the $100 prize (i.e. more than 1 manager loses at the same stage of the playoffs, or none of them qualify) then the tie-breaker to be used will be the regular season league position.

Again, any significant objections will be taken into consideration.  Obvioulsy, I'll amend the figures if the league numbers change.  For clarity, if we end up with a 12 player league then we'll revert back to winner takes all for the $20 entries, as per previous seasons.

Hopefully all the above makes sense, but feel free to post any queries on the thread.  The newbies are also welcome to PM me with general queries regarding the league and how to play.  I'll send out email invites to everyone via the site in the next few days, in case anyone doesn't read this thread in the meantime.

Also, if anyone wants to join the league who isn't on the above list then please let me know.  We can upscale to a 16 team league if necessary, and there's a chance that a spot might open up due to non-payment/drop out, although I'm hoping this won't be the case.

Looking forward to it.  The previous 2 seasons have been great fun and I see no reason why this one will be any different!

SHIVA, SHIVA, SHIVA, ....

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 22, 2013, 03:19:27 AM »

God damn. Are you telling me I've spent all summer finalising my top 54 tightends in the league for nothing?  Niles Paul was going to crush for me.

Absolutely loving the kickers points change, way sicker.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 22, 2013, 07:52:11 AM »

I fucking hate kickers, sick change, will hate them ten fold now

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: