blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 06:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 627131 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: November 10, 2014, 06:05:12 PM »

on to season 6 now

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: November 11, 2014, 01:34:37 PM »

Got a suggestion for next year Curtis, how about everyone that enters the league has to post up the entry fee times the amount of players participating. Then if they spoil the league by not putting out a full team on any week the other players get their entry fee returned to them from the money posted up by the player(s) that stopped trying?

Basically 12 of the 16 players are now worse off in the redraft league because Tom didn't put out a full team this week and only Tal is better off. Both leagues are suffering because people aren't fielding teams and the only people that are really disadvantaged are the ones taking the time to be fair to everyone and field teams. Credit to the guys that have found themselves struggling this year that are still respecting everyone else by putting out teams.

So a post up the full entry fee means in future the play offs/league is less likely to be decided by those that don't put out a team but if they still do that it cost's them financially and rewards the ones that do try by getting their entry fee back.

How do we see that as an option to safeguard against this happening every year? Should we just be telling the teams that don't try that they can't enter again?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: November 11, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »

hey Phil, Gruden 2 y banana last night

Click to see full-size image.

i think there is a case for dropping players who do not participate fully

especially in redraft, 16 players is too many. you simply can't use the waiver wire to influence things

i got very lucky this week to overcome a starting QB injury, but at least my opponent did what he could.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: November 11, 2014, 01:44:34 PM »

Got a suggestion for next year Curtis, how about everyone that enters the league has to post up the entry fee times the amount of players participating. Then if they spoil the league by not putting out a full team on any week the other players get their entry fee returned to them from the money posted up by the player(s) that stopped trying?

Basically 12 of the 16 players are now worse off in the redraft league because Tom didn't put out a full team this week and only Tal is better off. Both leagues are suffering because people aren't fielding teams and the only people that are really disadvantaged are the ones taking the time to be fair to everyone and field teams. Credit to the guys that have found themselves struggling this year that are still respecting everyone else by putting out teams.

So a post up the full entry fee means in future the play offs/league is less likely to be decided by those that don't put out a team but if they still do that it cost's them financially and rewards the ones that do try by getting their entry fee back.

How do we see that as an option to safeguard against this happening every year? Should we just be telling the teams that don't try that they can't enter again?

Real life sometimes gets in the way.

I think if a player fails to set their line up for one or two weeks, it is forgiveable. It is a only a game after all.

Should only be a penalty if a team gets totally abandoned. Like WPIL did a couple of years ago.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: November 11, 2014, 01:51:20 PM »

Real life sometimes gets in the way.

I think if a player fails to set their line up for one or two weeks, it is forgiveable. It is a only a game after all.

Should only be a penalty if a team gets totally abandoned. Like WPIL did a couple of years ago.

I would say that playing two men short is abandoning the team tho. I can understand if someone wants to pick up a kicker/TE late if they then need to but playing two men short is just unfair on everyone else. In the redraft league Keith one team played 4 men short in a game where we have over 30 man squads. He's played 2-3-4 men short a few weeks now. By making it clear before the start of the season that we all have to pay up front in case anyone then spoils it later on we at least get them to pay for that up front.

Real life things, I get your point but entering a league and then abandoning it thee games in just taking the mick out of everyone else imo.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: November 11, 2014, 01:52:33 PM »

hey Phil, Gruden 2 y banana last night

Click to see full-size image.

i think there is a case for dropping players who do not participate fully

especially in redraft, 16 players is too many. you simply can't use the waiver wire to influence things

i got very lucky this week to overcome a starting QB injury, but at least my opponent did what he could.

They even called it the Spider 2 Y Banana shake too ;o)

Is there a way of making that my team picture in the Dynasty league?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:56:14 PM by bobby1 » Logged

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: November 11, 2014, 01:54:43 PM »

I don't really have a view on the financial side FWIW.

The game is definitely better if everyone plays and I can't argue with that. There is a practical point that we have two super-deep leagues, so covering a bye week is pretty tough at the best of times and the waiver wire is brutal on occasion. Free agency is full of 1 point wonders, which won't change results very often. Kickers aside, that is.

I've had both good and bad luck with people not playing a full team over the two leagues, so I know it's not meant as a dig, but an example of the point Bobby is making. No worries there.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: November 11, 2014, 02:09:31 PM »

I don't really have a view on the financial side FWIW.

The game is definitely better if everyone plays and I can't argue with that. There is a practical point that we have two super-deep leagues, so covering a bye week is pretty tough at the best of times and the waiver wire is brutal on occasion. Free agency is full of 1 point wonders, which won't change results very often. Kickers aside, that is.

I've had both good and bad luck with people not playing a full team over the two leagues, so I know it's not meant as a dig, but an example of the point Bobby is making. No worries there.

Its abs not your fault if your oppo fields a team 2 men short but it just changes the whole dynamic for almost all the other teams that you are now 7-3 and not 6-4. We still have to play each other, if you are 6-4 and I am 5-5 and I beat you in our game we have the same record and I have the head to head. Because your oppo didn't field this week you are now 7-3 and I am still 5-5 so that's just a one team example of how I am paying for other people not trying.

If we post up Pre season there is far less chance that people stop trying but if they do then the rest of us that pay the price get reimbursed by them.

I've played a league for a good few years now where all players post up XX amount pre season and we take out the entry fee for prizes to the winner and runner up. Then for each win your team gets you *win* £25 quid back from the money you have already posted. That league now has almost no weeks where teams are left unattended and not one person in that leagues needs the 'pony a win' back!

It just creates a league that's fairer to everyone and not what we now have, two leagues that are going to have post seasons decided by teams that stopped fielding teams.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: November 11, 2014, 02:15:35 PM »

As an example of the "real life" stuff...

I nearly didn't field a full team as Mike Williams was a last minute inactive when Watkins was declared fit. I didn't know until 5:55 and I couldn't get more than "H" internet signal at Wembley. I had no WRs that weren't on a bye on my bench. Managed to pick up Tavon Austin as a free agent and he got a crucial 3 points.

Had I been ogling the cheerleaders like the guy with the longvisioned lens behind me, I'd not have spotted it.

Just goes to show how fine the lines are. Also goes to show just how bored I get when cheerleaders are dancing.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: November 11, 2014, 02:16:54 PM »

bobby putting up a £300 insurance would ruin the game for us small fry
so it would be a leauge with just the high rollers

i have no chance of making play offs but i am still wanting to beat down on you guys every week (nearly finished season 6 of the league can you tell)

just disappointed i missed out on the dynasty league as i nearly got back from hospital in time

i am willing to buy a dynasty team off of an owner thats abandoned

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: November 11, 2014, 02:22:08 PM »

oh my heart was right about sanchez/brees

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: November 11, 2014, 02:42:28 PM »

bobby putting up a £300 insurance would ruin the game for us small fry
so it would be a leauge with just the high rollers

i have no chance of making play offs but i am still wanting to beat down on you guys every week (nearly finished season 6 of the league can you tell)

just disappointed i missed out on the dynasty league as i nearly got back from hospital in time

i am willing to buy a dynasty team off of an owner thats abandoned

The thing is bud I would happily post it for you because I know you will try every week and even if you were in hossie you would be doing your best too. Can't really get more real life issues than that.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:47:40 PM by bobby1 » Logged

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: November 11, 2014, 03:06:41 PM »

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:09:28 PM by bobby1 » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: November 11, 2014, 06:14:39 PM »

One of the stats of the season

after last night #eagles D/ST is outscoring number one pick LeSean McCoy in FF this year.

Also (even PPR) outscoring KAllen, Crabtree, Garcon, Fitzgerald, AJohnson, Vereen, Harvin, Morris

eagles D/ST has been a top 50 non-QB scorer in every scoring format.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: November 11, 2014, 06:19:16 PM »

One of the stats of the season

after last night #eagles D/ST is outscoring number one pick LeSean McCoy in FF this year.

Also (even PPR) outscoring KAllen, Crabtree, Garcon, Fitzgerald, AJohnson, Vereen, Harvin, Morris

eagles D/ST has been a top 50 non-QB scorer in every scoring format.

not sure who was playing the eagles def last night, but they was winning there match up untill the 2 late TDs against them in garbage time

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: