blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:32:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 611971 times)
Stevef31

View Profile
« Reply #5640 on: February 19, 2021, 10:53:57 AM »

Until after the draft?

Sorry for the delay in responding, Steve.

Yes, keeping the Yahoo Dynasty league frozen for the time being. Until at least after the draft - probably some point in the Summer.

If anyone wants to take over the running of the league, let me know.

Hi mate. That genuinely wasn't any kind of criticism. I was just confirming the arrangements. Apologies if it came across as such.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: February 19, 2021, 11:25:41 AM »

Until after the draft?

Sorry for the delay in responding, Steve.

Yes, keeping the Yahoo Dynasty league frozen for the time being. Until at least after the draft - probably some point in the Summer.

If anyone wants to take over the running of the league, let me know.

Hi mate. That genuinely wasn't any kind of criticism. I was just confirming the arrangements. Apologies if it came across as such.

Oh no. Didn't take it as a criticism.

I took over the commissioner role last year with Tighty's help, just to keep the league going. Quite happy - near delighted - to hand over the reins to a willing armband-wearer.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: February 19, 2021, 12:10:12 PM »

I've been asked about whether we should move the league from Yahoo.

I know Sheriff had this question every year and I recall Sheriff's answer being the one I'm going to give...

I'm quite happy for us to move to a different site, but can we have the same features of the league as we have in this one? 30 man rosters plus 5 IR slots? If not, it's probably going to need everyone to agree to move.

The draft is something we do on Blonde over the course of a few weeks, rather than sitting down and doing it all in one evening. If there's a way of running it all through a different site and saving the Commissioner the faff of manually drafting every roster each summer, that would be attractive. Doing the rookie draft all in one night makes mid-draft trades very tough, with a big theoretical edge to the more experienced players, so that is probably a non-starter.

I wanted to join 1 or 2 more leagues so have been checking out different platforms. Sleeper seems to have everything that yahoo has and a lot more. I just did a startup draft with an 8 hour clock that was paused overnight, so preumably can be extended to a longer period. All the draft picks trading is automatically tracked. IR slots seem to be no problem, you can customize the waiver settings and scoring settings. Roster size seems no issue. Rookie draft can have long clock too as far as I know, though I didnt do one yet. You can just roll over between seasons too.

People who joined in the last few weeks have had a nose around there and maybe a few people like Forth have played on there for a couple of years and have seen the mechanics and perhaps spot a flaw or something missing. I have found it slightly fiddly on desktop and I think it is designed best for mobile but it looks very nice.

If people wanted to do the possible superflex start up league on there then maybe they might want the original league on a different platform to differenciate or maybe would be easier better if they were both in the same place?
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: February 19, 2021, 12:10:47 PM »

Dynasty housekeeping.

Bergeroo's rebuild won't take long, by the looks of it!

Quietly optimistic!
Stevef31

View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: June 07, 2021, 01:17:41 PM »

Hi all. Just giving this a bump. Do we have any idea what date we might draft the rookies?
Also if anyone wants a bit of trade action in advance of that just give me a shout
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: June 07, 2021, 04:28:18 PM »

Hi all. Just giving this a bump. Do we have any idea what date we might draft the rookies?
Also if anyone wants a bit of trade action in advance of that just give me a shout

i think normally the rookie draft is around same time as the pre season games but i could be mistaken

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: June 07, 2021, 07:44:40 PM »

I'd like to start it a little earlier than normal, but not just yet. I'll have a chat with co-commissioner Tighty when he's back up and running. Probably some time in July, realistically.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: June 08, 2021, 10:38:01 PM »

I'd like to start it a little earlier than normal, but not just yet. I'll have a chat with co-commissioner Tighty when he's back up and running. Probably some time in July, realistically.

cool beans

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: June 24, 2021, 12:32:19 PM »

is everyone from last years redraft wanting to play again this year ? and is anyone else wanting to join?

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: June 24, 2021, 02:31:47 PM »

in..as always

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: June 24, 2021, 06:44:08 PM »

In too

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: June 24, 2021, 10:49:25 PM »

In obv
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: June 25, 2021, 04:27:02 AM »

Yep I’m in too.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: June 25, 2021, 08:16:04 AM »

I am out for the redraft this year.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: July 01, 2021, 06:29:30 PM »

Hi folks

For everyone in the established Blonde Dynasty League we run through Yahoo...

ForthThistle has kindly done some admin that would enable us to transfer to using Sleeper instead of Yahoo. It's different software, but the advantage of not having manually to rebuild the rosters every summer is attractive.

We can run the draft for rookies through the app, too, which we tried in the startup dynasty league over the last few weeks. Same deal: 24 hours each per pick, so plenty of chance to trade.

As far as I understand, we can have the same format (can we have 5 IR spots, Forth?)

General view seems to be in favour of Sleeper, but it's a group league so I'm canvassing opinion.

Seems to me we have three options:

1) Move over to Sleeper for this season and beyond;
2) Stay as we are on Yahoo; or
3) Stick with Yahoo for this year and see how the other league works on Sleeper, with a view to reviewing this time next year.

Forth has set up a league for us potentially to transfer to here:

https://sleeper.app/i/mAlq30xLRnLY

Would you let me know your thoughts, please? We've got time to discuss it, so have a look at the site and play around with the settings.

Post ITT preferred to get any dialogue needed going.

Thanks.

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: