blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:51:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 594889 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 04:08:08 PM »

Chances of going busto by crimbo?
No danger of that on here you need to look at Alex or Cos's diaries for that type of degeneracy!

Sigh, get a roulette addiction imo.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 04:13:39 PM »

Sold many houses in the last 45 mins?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 04:43:35 PM »

Sold many houses in the last 45 mins?
As i said in my op i am currently an ESTATE AGENT we dont sell many houses in 45 days!  Angry

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 04:46:26 PM »

Where do you do housing stuff? Just in the UK?

Where do you think is a good place to invest atm?

Where you going to be living in 1/5/15 years?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 04:47:43 PM »

I have a legit question. In January my tenants have been living in my house for a year. I currently employ a house manager who i pay 8% pcm to sort out all the stuff i can't be bothered with, who decides if I can up their rent up or not? are there many hoops to jump through?

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 05:30:23 PM »

Where do you do housing stuff? Just in the UK?
I manage an office on the coast just by Southend 15miles east of London in a town called Thorpe Bay, yeah just UK the overseas market died a death when all the people in Essex could not remortgage their ex-council house in Dagenham (or Dargeenham as they like to say) to buy a place in spain
Where do you think is a good place to invest atm?
IMO Eastern Europe is probably one of the best in the smaller countries that have more growth potential or you just need to be on the right side of a good estate agent who can let you know if a nice deal comes up and can tip you the wink  Wink
Where you going to be living in 1/5/15 years?
1year i will be in my nice house in Leigh on Sea / 5 years probs still in UK or dependant on how our property investments have done maybe Slovakia / 15 Years i plan to have retired and will be either living off our porfolio and spending time abroad with a base in my wife's homeland of Slovakia which actually has great potential but they dont really get the buying and selling bit they tend to pass the houses through the family.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 05:37:19 PM »

I have a legit question. In January my tenants have been living in my house for a year. I currently employ a house manager who i pay 8% pcm to sort out all the stuff i can't be bothered with, who decides if I can up their rent up or not? are there many hoops to jump through?
Firstly i would try to neg the house manager down a bit and say you have been offered similar services for 5% which is fairly standard in my area and it is up to you at the end of the agreement to decide if you would like to up your rental.
The best thing to do would be to ring 2-3 different letting agents and tell them your a landlord and ask them what their most popular request for property is from prospective tenants if this is what you have   whoop whoop also get them round to value the property for rental and then if your under renting it when you resign your exisiting tenant tell them you need to up the rent a bit to cover costs etc etc. However what you need to remember is that if they call you bluff and say GTFO were leaving you may have asked them for an extra £50 per calendar month and if you dont have a tenant ready to move in two months of it empty is about a year of that extra nifty you were asking for so its a gamble.
I would say if your mortgage is fixed for a period of time and they are GOOD tenants this is worth more than the extra 50 minus 8% netting 46 but thats just my opinion and what we do with our tenants.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 05:37:53 PM »

Ah, so it's true. Thought you were levelling yesterday when you sat next to me.
Hi DAVID   I never Level  Cheesy

leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 05:54:22 PM »

age ?..real name? did we sit same table Monte Carlo day one?

oh and good read so far looking forward to this..

oh and do you wanna buy a house in Leicester i wanna sell?

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 05:59:45 PM »

Hi,  we know each other and spoke this weekend at DTD when you binked your seat but didnt sit together at the monte carlo.
My real name is Richard Blacklock we spoke at the bar and i introduced myself to you when you had said it would be good for all blondes to say hi.
A house in Leicester yeah sounds good i can probs put that one on the credit card  Cheesy

leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 06:27:44 PM »

Hi,  we know each other and spoke this weekend at DTD when you binked your seat but didnt sit together at the monte carlo.
My real name is Richard Blacklock we spoke at the bar and i introduced myself to you when you had said it would be good for all blondes to say hi.
A house in Leicester yeah sounds good i can probs put that one on the credit card  Cheesy
mate so sorry
i am so so bad with names and faces .....

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 06:41:42 PM »

which managing agent do u use??

Just me
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »

hello rich

just a few about property as i am trying to force my mum to rent our home out and buy another property

do you think its the best time to invest in property atm?

also which type of property (students, professionals, lower class, family etc etc) is the best to invest in considering you dont have a huge amount of capital atm 10k>? or is it better to save up for a better deposit?

if you had 30k to invest in property would you
get one ok house 180k( average price around lincoln for 4 bed house)
or two 90k houses

Just me
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 06:47:04 PM »

As I've mentioned before I bought a house with two people, it didn't go well and I moved out after a month and didn't want anything more to do with it, they continue to pay it however have missed multiple payments, I can't get off the mortgage as they would have to remortgage it and no bank would touch it, I also had problems as I foolisly had direct debits in my name which I cancelled but then just paid them all off so with all that my credit rating is smashed. Anyway, as you know I now grinds the poker and thus have no proof of income, so with all that said I'm pretty much fooked yeah Smiley How tough will it be for me to even rent a property do you think ? I know you can't run a business from a rented property but I assume there's obv a way around this as far as pokers concerned as obv some ppl must.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 07:10:45 PM »

About time Rich. Bookmarked.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: