blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:27:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 598561 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2011, 10:09:39 PM »

Come on, hurry up with the pics of your 17 year old wife pls.
Well tvm after your amazing IT lesson earlier i cant seem to get any photos up so will need the boss to look at shrinking them so that they upload, which means Vinnyfish you will have to wait till tomorrow to see my 17 year old wife!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2011, 10:11:18 PM »

Well tvm after your amazing IT lesson earlier i cant seem to get any photos up so will need the boss to look at shrinking them so that they upload, which means Vinnyfish you will have to wait till tomorrow to see my 17 year old wife!

You want me to post some of my pics of Petra?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2011, 10:17:47 PM »

If your in them surely they will be to BIG to upload  Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2011, 10:19:34 PM »

If your in them surely they will be to BIG to upload  Wink

Yeah, good point mate, I think I remember her mentioning BIG Wink

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2011, 10:22:43 PM »

We need to know about your alias, (A-K = Eso Kral in Lithuania?), & how the babby is coming along, what make it is, & it's name.

Then you may begin.

Should be an excellent read, Sir, you have always struck me as someone who writes with some eloquence.
As you asked sir,  Eso Kral is actually Slovak for Ace King and it had a nice ring to it so i have used it ever since.
Baby Maxwell is coming on well tyvm and is now really building some character and getting bigger by the day but once i can upload some photos you will see the wee man.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2011, 11:59:47 PM »

Don't ever diss the GreekStein diaries.

Hurry up with the pics.

Dunno if I mentioned to you, but my dad is in property and I know how much dodgyness goes on amongst estate agents. One guy he uses makes an abs killing. Does the Kral bat straight down the line?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2011, 12:32:46 AM »

Beat me to it..  If you were using another estate agent (who was unaware you knew the score), what tricks would you be expecting him to pull?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2011, 12:53:56 AM »

An old friend of mine made a fortune out of dodgy deals.

Some of his family worked as estate agents, the rest worked as property developers.

It was mainly his family telling him that there was a bargain available and then forgetting to tell anyone else who might be interested.

They did it all back in the 90's so they're all millionaires now thanks to the property boom.

Mbn.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2011, 06:25:29 AM »

I'm using an estate agent to rent out my property for at least a yr whilst i go travelling with Cos. Anything is need to know/be aware of? Cheers.

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2011, 06:48:48 AM »

I have a legit question. In January my tenants have been living in my house for a year. I currently employ a house manager who i pay 8% pcm to sort out all the stuff i can't be bothered with, who decides if I can up their rent up or not? are there many hoops to jump through?

which managing agent do u use??

I use Frankeys based in silver street. She is normally 10% but got a deal. Pretty fit as well which helps negotiations.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2011, 10:38:40 AM »

Don't ever diss the GreekStein diaries.

Hurry up with the pics.

Dunno if I mentioned to you, but my dad is in property and I know how much dodgyness goes on amongst estate agents. One guy he uses makes an abs killing. Does the Kral bat straight down the line?

I would say that i have never knowingly ripped off a vendor by undervalueing a property but i have negotiated hard for buyers and have had buyers who have been very gratefull for Eso's negotiating skills  Wink
Oh and i would never buy from my own firm! You need to keep a good reputation so if i want to buy its always through other contacts i have built up.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2011, 11:16:23 AM »

Beat me to it..  If you were using another estate agent (who was unaware you knew the score), what tricks would you be expecting him to pull?
I think they would be really trying to get your price down if not sold in 4 weeks but thats not bad advice if you really want to sell as you have a shelf life of 4-6weeks before your property starts to look stale, however not everyone can afford to reduce.
They would defo be looking to convince you a certain offer is the best they can get and thats if you decline it you may regret it in the future if the market turns worse.

Most agents are only underhand with probate properties or props with development potential where they buy themselves or sell to a client they know without the pproperty ever coming to the market and taking a healthy drink from said developer for finding the property.
Mainstream houses sell if they are on at the right price at the time.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2011, 11:17:59 AM »

An old friend of mine made a fortune out of dodgy deals.

Some of his family worked as estate agents, the rest worked as property developers.

It was mainly his family telling him that there was a bargain available and then forgetting to tell anyone else who might be interested.

They did it all back in the 90's so they're all millionaires now thanks to the property boom.

Mbn.
This^ is how many independant agents made their money in fact having your own agencey was just a front for being a developer and probably is now if you can turn 4 properties a year you can make a lot of money in the right areas.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2011, 11:34:43 AM »

If you buy a property on a normal mortgage, how long do you have to 'live' in it before you decide to move out and let it??
Ok i cant advocate on my diary that you commit mortgage fraud incase an INTERNET POLICEMAN is watching, however if you were buying a property on a normal mortgage and then suddenly lost your job and spoke to the lender and told them that you had no option but to move out and rent the property out i think they would probably be fine as long as you have adequate insurance or switch you to whatever their BTL rate will be. Or if you didnt really care then you could theoretically just buy the prop on a residential basis and then rent it out and hope they dont find out.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2011, 11:57:55 AM »

I grew up in Walsall but was never really academic at school as from my early teens i was a county footballer and was on schoolboy forms at Leeds United, infact i walked around the school with an air of "i dont need education as i will be a top footballer" and was quite disruptive so the school told me that as long as i didnt disrupt the other kids education i could have one week off per month to go and train with the youth's and reserves at Leeds which was amazing and i remember jumping on a train at 14 years of age and being told someone would meet me at the station and take me to my hotel.

Low and behold it was only Vinny Jones waiting at the station for me and taking me to training on a daily basis obv thats where he would leave and go into the first team dressing room whilst i went down the corridor with the youths but it was still great all the same, another time Chris Kamara (he had the biggest big toes i had ever seen!) was my taxi driver.

I was a goalkeeper and unfortunately since the age of 14 i have been the same 5ft 7 and 3/4" and in those days (1990) you could get away with being 6ft but on my 16th birthday i was told i would not be given a YTS contract and they were releasing me but they had circulated my details to other clubs and had arranged a trial with Kidderminster Harriers in the Vauxhall Conference who had a YTS scheme even in the 5th division as it were then, so off i went and snap accepted YTS contact offered plus my digs paid for and was happy to be living my dream for a while longer and they thought i may even grow as i was only 16!!

2 Years later i was still the same height and had nopt played for the first team but was reserve team captain and we pretty much smashed the league as we were against non pro teams and i got to play at some good grounds in the FA youth cup and i was released from full time but given a part time contract and started to realise that playing football was probably not going to be the career for me. So i stayed on part time for another 2 years and got paid for playing sunday football in the top league in Birmingham as well a soccer coaching at the local leisure centre and started to think of what to do next...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: