blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:12:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 597392 times)
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #4335 on: August 05, 2016, 10:52:36 AM »

Pob Lwc

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: August 05, 2016, 11:47:55 AM »

Good luck! Look forward too seeing the finished results.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: August 05, 2016, 02:45:09 PM »

gl Rich, hope you smash it

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: August 05, 2016, 02:47:34 PM »

Best of luck mate !

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: August 05, 2016, 03:14:36 PM »

Hope the opening goes juicilicious  Cheesy
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: August 05, 2016, 03:30:42 PM »

Hope today goes well, Rich!

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: August 06, 2016, 04:17:47 PM »

Outstanding, all the best with the new bis!
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: August 12, 2016, 08:53:44 AM »

Nice slow roll on the vids

I know you must be busy but we want to see the place buzzzzzzzzzing please
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: August 14, 2016, 10:34:38 PM »

Nice slow roll on the vids

I know you must be busy but we want to see the place buzzzzzzzzzing please

Sorry for the delay Trevor but literally the feet have not touched the ground for a few days but that should change going forward this week.

So back in January this is how the premises I viewed looked
 Click to see full-size image.

With inside being like so

And on our opening day this is what we have created

With a quick walk through the front of house

1 minute after opening we had our very first Juice Kitchen customers

We have a pretty agressive opening offer with a free tea/coffee with every breakfast purchase and a free juice or smoothie with every lunch purchase to really launch ourselves to the City and if anyone has followed us on FB you will see that we have quite an attractive range of food and drink on offer which changes as we feel like, as we are independant and can change to suit.

Despite offering a healthy discount we took in the region of £6k in week one and are on course to beat that in week 2 and have received great feedback and reviews from all quarters so far and with my head chef and fornt of house manager away on annual leave (an unexpected hazard of recruiting for a fresh start with a launch that gets delayed) for a week now the team have really slotted well into the City.

I have had 2 Gym chains request meetings to set up discounts for 6500 members in total and a variety of local employers get in touch asking for schemes to be set up for their employees and part of the next few weeks is going out to these companies and presenting to them the benefits of them offering a small subsidy to their staff to eat with us as there is evidence that if their staff eat better at lunchtime they will be more productive in the afternoon so if we can then discount it slightly to the employee it's win win for all and we just invoice the company at the end of the month.

We have served between 140-190 people per day so far and are learning every day about the business and all the processes we wish to set up and whilst having to "work in the business" at the moment, pretty soon I will be able to "work on it" which is when the team of investors and staff really get the best out of me.

Talking about me! As I have been really looking after myself in terms of eating and training for those that have not read the Blonde will get you Strong thread, I have got myself into pretty good shape over the past few months and certainly in the best shape I have been in for a few years from the paunchy photo shown late last year to this by training 3/4 times per week and eating well!

Family life is good and despite not being able to be back home at a respectable time in the 3 weeks upto launching and leaving early giving time to train before work we have done really well as a family unit with Petra being the standard trooper that she is and timing wise a visit for her and the kids to Slovakia where they flew a week ago and are away for another 2 weeks has worked out well so that I dont have to feel guilty about not being around to help out whilst we get through this initial launch period.

Here they are recently

I have had conversations recently with people who said how nice it was that I wasnt talking about punting etc and as I have not earnt any money whilst getting this business off the ground and with Petra being pregnant at the start of the year and not bringing much in from her photography I really battened down the hatches and hardly had a bet at all but with the footie season starting I thought it was time to bet like a pro mug punter (in before) and as I cant bet in chunks in any way shape or form I have to shoot for the stars.

Needless to say I didnt expect to be collecting this from Paddy Power this week Wink   

The text convo with Dubai read as follows
"Oioi" (text accompanied by photo)

replies
Ha!

Not only you need 4 teams to win

Need 8 teams to score

and 4 less than the other 4!!

Me - This is a bet I have done 25-30 times lifetime and got it up for chunks twice

Dubai - run above the curve at life mate

Hope everyone reading here is all good and I will post when I can about how we are doing etc but if you are on FB or Instagram and havent followed us yet please do as it's easier to see what I am up to there.  You can find me on FB @juicekitchenchelmsford and Instagram the same.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: August 15, 2016, 04:03:31 AM »

Nice update Rich, though I did see the opening day pics and vid on FB.
Amazing how time flies once Kids come along. Seems only recently that you were posting about Max and now you got three of them growing up so fast.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: August 15, 2016, 05:39:41 PM »

Sick that you landed that acca mate, n1!

GL with the biz, hope it all goes well for you.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: August 15, 2016, 05:47:53 PM »

It's an Esolife Cheesy

Congrats on everything going so well, and long may it continue!

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: August 15, 2016, 11:07:44 PM »

The kids look fantastic, it's amazing how fast they grow up.

Glad to hear that everything is going well and you are now fully funded for golf.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: October 11, 2016, 05:18:00 PM »

Hoping that no news is good news but would love an update.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: November 13, 2016, 02:30:32 AM »

I Had the pleasure of going to juice kitchen a few weeks back. They really have done a nice job with the shop. The staff were really friendly, no one seemed to mind Archie running riot for most of his stay. And the food was very reasonably priced. Not that I paid of course, but I could what I woulda paid on the the receipt 😁 I had a Thai green curry and some other stuff.  Would defo recommend if you're ever down that way.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: