blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:13:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 598339 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4140 on: September 05, 2015, 06:24:33 PM »

Genuinely pmsl at the last couple of pages.

Great stuff Rich, glad you've finally come back with a bang Cheesy

Thanks mate I take it as a compliment Wink

Anyway there will be some incredible ice cream reporting done on Monday.....

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: September 05, 2015, 09:19:06 PM »

I was confident you'd take it the way it was intended Smiley

Take it steady mate. As much fun as it is to read about you following Barry Neville dead certs I secretly hope you keep it under control!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: September 05, 2015, 09:32:50 PM »

'Have you ever had those days where you've won so much money, you just don't know how much it is you've won' - Richard Blacklock 05/09/2015 ~ 19:52

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: September 07, 2015, 11:13:12 AM »

I was confident you'd take it the way it was intended Smiley

Take it steady mate. As much fun as it is to read about you following Barry Neville dead certs I secretly hope you keep it under control!!

I will come back to this in a combo of posts but everyone can rest assured that there is no way that I will be able to/allowed to dust of any of my recent ill gotten gains in a negative way as once the money had cleared into my account and all stakers were settle I snap transferred a further £7k to Petra's account for safe keeping leaving me my tournie buyins and a £2k buffer which was to be used for hotels this weekend just gone, some punting money and walking around cash.

Anyway when I last was on I said about my work situation and I will be able to post more on this after next weekend but at the moment I am pretty much on gardening leave so decided to spend a bit of time with the kids and we spent a couple of days at Old Mcdonalds Farm and to a place by Billericay called Barleylands where they have loads of craft centres where kids/adults can make stuff from ceramics, pottery etc as well as a small farm and play area.

Here are some photos of the days
 Click to see full-size image.

There was even something for the degens among'st us

Unfortunately we did'nt pick the winner as had "Where's Wooly" who led all the way to the last hurdle and got picked up over the last by "Wool I AM"

We even bumped into Pads, JGill and Fedor doing some meditation prior to their Sunday Grind

After this it was a drive up to Nottingham for the High Roller and Main events which we bricked with full reports in the Live Staking board for those interested but despite losing there it was another decent weekend on the punting front and Petra will be getting cash input over the next few days as despite a losing day mainly down to being given the nod for a horse called Dark Shot in the 6.50 at Kempton which finished 3rd my contact then redeemed himself Saturday when he rang me to say that Zonderland in the 2.50 at Kempton would not get beat so we availed ourselves of the 5/2 available and it was a sea of blue on oddschecker for a while before drifting out to the same price on the off but hosing up quite comfortably.

There were only a few losers on Saturday with a further £180 on Foundation at 11/8 from the night before cementing what was to be a £6k plus day after this....

ICE CREAMS around the world should read on but for the pro's reading you may as well stop here.
I have chatted to people far shrewder than myself about a bet called "Both Teams to Score and Win" and whilst I dont do it every week I know some do and do no more than 4 teams and just do the trebles and a fourfold and on Saturday after the Carlisle bet had been put up I decided to have a stab with some success but in the Cambridge v Luton match I saw the result going either way so did two x £15 lines with both results and as I am golden at the moment Luton at the bigger price prevailed.

I was in game at DTD and had'nt seen any of the scores until 4.38 when all teams had scored and all my teams were winning but I decided that I was going to wait until the break at 5pm for the real sweat and did it true oldschool style with a bit of paper over the side of the result I wanted to see first and happily found that all had held (in fact 2 had scored 3rd goals) to pick up just over £4500.

After I bust the main event I played the 2nd chance and bust in the final level of the day having ground a short stack for the last couple of levels and bumped into Samuels Grassi (those that know him will know he is a mad Italian ex footballer) and we had a chat about stuff in general and whilst he polarises opinion and there is some negative stuff about him on the interweb if you look deeply enough I like him and so far he hasnt done anything to change that opinion.

He told me that Italy to him were good things to be winning at /FT on Sunday so I had a few pounds on that along with Peter's tips on the F1 with 1 loser and 2 winners but balanced that with one horse loser backing Reputation at York in the first who got chinned in the first and dusted off a couple of bullets in the sides at Dusk before heading home.

Probably the two funniest things that happened over he weekend were firstly related to this guy

He is known as "Bob The Kilt" and I think is one of the blue bloods and is named so as his name is Bob and he wears a kilt and about 3 levels into the High Roller on Weds evening he was led to the table with 50k in chips and sat down perfectly normal and in the first hand he played he won about 5-6k off JJ Hazzan with a slightly larger bet sizing than you may have expected to see form others in the field.

And about an orbit later with Bob in the big blind and myself in the SB the following hand played out (nearly), Jack Allen opened utg to 900 at 400bb and Nick Hicks flatted on the button and I found Jacks and just peeled the extra 700 and with action to Bob he threw in a 5k chip announcing "four thousand" in his Scottish accent which was peeled by Jack and then also by Nick,but as Nick went to call the bet the TD came over and tapped Bob on his shoulder and said "Excuse me sir but how much did you pay to enter this tournament?"

the conversation flowed as follows

Bob - (better if you read this in a scottish accent)  "Thurty Punds"

TD - Erm sir I am sorry but you had entered the satelite to the main event which is over in the far corner and this is the High Roller with an entry of £1100!

At which point I though about jamming as Jack should never have QQ+ there and almost always has AQ/AK and Nick rarely has a value hand so I would have a good chance of scooping some dead money but I asked for a ruling and it was decided that the hand was dead and all bar poor JJ would get their chips back from the hand in question and Bob would be taken out of this tournie and go to his desired one.

As it goes if I jammed, Jack would have called with AK and we would have held as we ran the board for bants purposes and then carried on but I have never seen that happen at DTD before and what makes it worse I suppose is that the satty has a 20k starting stack and the HR 50k so someone dropped the batton for that to happen.

The second bit that if you believe in doing someone a good turn and it comes back to you happened on Fri/Sat and maybe the reason we shipped the footie bet as I was sat with a young Russian guy called Aleksandr on Thursday in the main event and he busted and having made Day 2 I was pottering around Nottingham on Friday when I bumped into him and I knew he had bagged over 400k from the 7pm flight so congratulated him and we got chatting with it transpiring he was from St Petersberg and had won tickets to Pokerfest so came to play but had not been to England so travelled alone but his friends had asked him to get a couple of Nottingham Forest shirts for them and he couldnt find them anywhere.

Being the nice guy that I am I offered to do a bit of research to see if any sports shops locally stocked them and would meet him at Dusk later but I quickly found out that the club shop was the only place to get them so whilst shipping a £330 seat on the Friday evening with nothing else to do I offered to go and meet him at his hotel at 10am Saturday morning and take him to the club shop and then drop him back before we started day 2 and he thanked me with us arranging to meet at 10am.

Using the sat nav to find his hotel on the other side from where I was, I set off and as it said turn left and in a quarter of a mile your destination is on your right I could see a set of flood lights and thought it could'nt be could it.

But yes as I picked him up I was laughing and told him that it was going to be a short journey as 400 yards back the way I came was the turning for the club shop and 1 minute later after getting in the car we were getting out and walking into the club shop......

Karma is a wonderful thing!

Today having got back from dusk we decided against going to Spain or Slovakia and instead are giving the kids a few days to remember and set off this afternoon with 2 overnight stays firstly at Peppa Pig world in Southampton for a couple of days and then a drive to Alton Towers to spend a further 2 days and nights at the theme park and splash land before GUKPT Luton next week.

Peace!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: September 07, 2015, 02:06:45 PM »

Great write up you Punterrrrrrrrrrr !!

Make the most of those days with the kids... best time of my life family days out when the kids were small  Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: September 07, 2015, 06:10:03 PM »

Make the most of those days with the kids... best time of my life family days out when the kids were small  Smiley
Very much this.

Embracing the variance.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: September 07, 2015, 06:34:34 PM »

Nice write up Rich, you (well the kids) will love Paulton's Park
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: September 07, 2015, 09:58:25 PM »

Great write up and nice touch with the Forest shirts!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: September 08, 2015, 06:36:22 PM »

Nice write up Rich, off to the Palace game Saturday, Jack is so excited as its only his 3rd away game to watch the mighty blues, Taking him around Sight Seeing in London first. That son and Dad think is key 

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: September 08, 2015, 06:44:44 PM »

Good stuff Rich!

I think Arb would agree that it's a close run thing between you and Cutefish for goldenballs 2015 Cheesy

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: September 22, 2015, 12:16:55 PM »

So picking up where we left off.

On return from the poker fest weekend which resulted in bricks in the tournies it was a Monday afternoon drive down to Paultons Park which is in Southampton and the home of Peppa Pig world and I have to say I was most impressed with the immaculate gardens and overall cleanliness in general and the park itself with so much for the kids to do.

We were pretty blessed with the weather for our few days away and also as most school kids were back at school the crowds were not to big either leaving plenty of time to go on stuff they wanted to with us returning to a hotel for a second night on the Tuesday evening.
Some photo's of Peppa Pig world.

Standard Georgie Pig selfie

Max's favourite ride that we must have been on 15-20 times per day

Then at about 3.30 on the Weds afternoon we set off on the 3 1/2 hour drive upto Alton Towers  <3 and checked into the splashlands hotel for 2 nights and after dinner and an early night we were ready to go!

Just to the right of where we were stood is the iconic part of the old "Cork Screw" roller coaster that I explained to Max when I was a kid and we used to get taken there during holidays was the best ride they had to offer (how times have changed) albeit we didnt go on to many adult rides this time around as it was for the kids.

I love Alton Towers and again the gardens are always presented well and albeit the staff may be a tad bored with sometimes them waiting for you to actually have anything to do are always really friendly.
Love this view as you first enter the park

At about 3 pm on both the Thurs and Fri we headed back to the splashlands aqua park and took advantage of the swimming pools and water slides which the kids absolutely loved and also it knackered them out so that once we had had dinner and a quick story they were ready to nod off and get a good rest before the next day with the final part of our journey on the Friday being a trip sideways to Nottingham for dinner at Reds True BBQ as Petra has not eaten yet in the imo best version of this type of food offered in the UK which also meant we missed most of the traffic heading south for the weekend.

Monday bought Max's first day of school which some may have seen on FB but if not here he was and he was really keen to start with a pretty easy first week of 8.45 - 11.50 Mon-Weds then Thurs and Fri being 8.45 - 1pm to give them a taste of lunch with this week them being 8.45 - 3pm and gg life for 12 years minimum.

This one however was not so keen on going back to pre school

Max has settled in ok so far but has been a bit tearful this past 2 days as we have all taken the walk to school and I think he thinks we just go off and have a good time without him without realising that we take Ivy to pre school before heading home to do some work ourselves and this week instead of it looking like a massive family outing just one of us has taken them.

The back end of last week was GUKPT Luton and I had two staked events being the £300 side and the £1090 main event which unfortunately we bricked both but having been given a pass out for the evenings I played the £200 6max and finished 5th for £1090 where I played from about 15 players down my absolute best and just got coolered 3 times in massive pots one of which 9 handed I made a call for 1/3 of the chips in play in a 3b pot with 10J on 9102 6 vs a villain who I felt was weak pre flop and flop and turn where he 1.5x pot jammed and I called of good vs 9Q but we didnt hold on the river to leave me short and then chipped back up again only to lose to the same villain AQ v KQ to get us back 2/5 when a king ball hit the river.

Having bust the main i took a de-tilt entry in the £150 turbo which didnt go well and then on the Saturday played the £200 8 max side and caught some heat in the middle levels just either getting gifted chips or waking up to a hand eg with the avg at 35k I have 50k at the start of the hand and UTG opens, I'm utg1 and find AA and 3b and the button decides he wants to rip for 25k with UTG then calling all in for 20k and we call to be against QQ of utg and JJ of button to see a runout of    Q24 5 A to go big in chips but as the players dwindled and the blinds went up we bled a little as Sicilian came to the table and started roffling around and as the final table bubble burst I was involved in a key hand where I had opened co with A10dd and villain who we had recently made a big bluff on called the button and we saw a flop of J34dd with him raising my cb which we called to see 10s turn and again called just taking the math but as soon as the river came and I checked he snap jammed on me leaving me with the option of calling allin and either having a monster stack or being 6/9 with 7 paid and I decided it would be bad not to cash plus his snap jam didnt look weak so folded and we went to the FT.

As soon as someone bust the usual Luton bubble saver was offered which was worth £320 so as we were 7-8/9 at this point didnt refuse and then I watched people implode as I just folded and laddered a spot or 2 before another implosion left us 6 handed with me and 3 bbs which I managed a remarkable standard 2015 double up jamming button for 3bbs with J6o and getting looked up by JKo of Chandra and we saw a runout of Kx6x6 and then a few hands later he bust from 3/6 with both myself and Renee really short in an ICM disaster and when she bust I was 4/4 but had £1200 locked up which was where the dream ended when I bust to Rob Garfield leaving Deano the win having played really well.

So poker wise since the last update we played the HR/Main/2nd Chance at Poker fest and then at Luton £300 side/6max/Main/Bounty and £200 8max meaning 33 tournies this year and once Herbertmob is updated this week hopefully will have cashed 13 times with 12 flags and one unrecorded evnt for the year with a few events left to play.

There is no change at work and I am still on gardening leave at the moment hoping to resolve this confidentiality agreement in the next few days before looking at the various opportunities and last night we booked a trip to Malta in half term week where we are due there for a family wedding but with EPT Malta on the week before I have been given the pass to fly a few days earlier on Weds 21st with Petra, my mum and the dustbins flying on the 27th and us all flying back together on the 2nd and I will be playing just 2 events being the IPT (UKIPT Equivalent) Main event for 1100euro and my first and possible one of only a handful of lifetime EPT Mains that I am likely to play at 5300 euro and will be selling a package for both at spot later today with me taking 60% as although its a massive one off shot for me I wanted any investors to know that I am taking more pain than they may do if we brick and then after flying back on the 2nd it will be a drive up to Dusk for the WPT where I probably just play the main with the seat won in May.

Will post in the staking boards later tonight or tomorrow so keep your eyes peeled if you want a punt to bap.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: September 22, 2015, 02:17:37 PM »

How long did it take you to realise you were filming the wrong lane on the dinghy slide? Wink

What a handsome family you have. There is nothing better than seeing kids smile.

Ah! The element of surprise
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: September 23, 2015, 11:38:14 AM »

oi oi punter...

Good to see you and witness Sic-Lillian power to more trophies Smiley

love the pictures with you and the kids.. truly brings back memories of some of the happiest times of my life.. cherish them mate as they soon grow up to being sullen little gits that hate everything.. (although mine are know where near as sullen and miserable as I was as a teenager Smiley   )

Might even buy you dinner next week if your still tending lawns

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: October 01, 2015, 09:04:23 AM »

Heading off to Edinburgh today to play the GPS and buy Vinny a 1/2 yearly Nando's

Have a small staking team of
Picken 10%
Bettsy 10%
Hicksy 10%
Rippley 5%
Redfoxy 5%

Will update here later for them after regging towards the end of level one (subject to no flight delays!!)

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: October 01, 2015, 10:23:40 AM »

Heading off to Edinburgh today to play the GPS and buy Vinny a 1/2 chicken at Nando's

Have a small staking team of
Picken 10%
Bettsy 10%
Hicksy 10%
Rippley 5%
Redfoxy 5%

Will update here later for them after regging towards the end of level one (subject to no flight delays!!)

FYP

GL eso, ship the lot

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: