blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:13:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 594904 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4170 on: October 03, 2015, 01:42:00 PM »

Day 2 spin up required in Edinburgh and just about to start with 18 bigs and a dream.

Not a bad table if we can double up!

Hopefully 11/7 is a good seat

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: October 03, 2015, 01:52:07 PM »

First double up 2 hands in when we open call vs sb with a dead (not arrived) BB there and hold vs AQo flopping him pretty dead on 447 x x

39k and current tournament peak Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: October 03, 2015, 02:14:42 PM »

Back to 24k open AA with utg2 to 2.5k and get called by table chippy to see 10103ccx which we both check and see the on the turn which villain check calls 3k and then leads for 6k on the off suit King river which we sigh off losing to J4cc

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: October 03, 2015, 02:49:24 PM »

22k with blinds just gone 6/1200/200

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: October 03, 2015, 03:46:34 PM »

And bust after an open and flat otb we ship 14bbs with 99 with the or reshipping it was off to the races vs AK and we didn't win.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: October 03, 2015, 04:08:25 PM »

Unlucky Rich, enjoy the rest of the time in Edin
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: October 04, 2015, 06:45:10 PM »

Hi Rich

You might have gathered I didnt get there but after a 10 hour journey last Tuesday from Nottingham to Inverness - nearly 2 hours circumventing the Edinburgh bypass due to an accident I had enough of driving.

So despite giving up what I thought would be nailed on making the final table for me  Wink decided to enjoy the weekend in Inverness dog walking and watching as much rugby as possible.

Look forward to your Malta trip and big bucks return from the EPT.

Cheers

Malcolm

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: October 09, 2015, 02:05:22 PM »

Hi Rich

You might have gathered I didnt get there but after a 10 hour journey last Tuesday from Nottingham to Inverness - nearly 2 hours circumventing the Edinburgh bypass due to an accident I had enough of driving.

So despite giving up what I thought would be nailed on making the final table for me  Wink decided to enjoy the weekend in Inverness dog walking and watching as much rugby as possible.

Look forward to your Malta trip and big bucks return from the EPT.

Cheers

Malcolm

Cheers Malcolm, I was hoping to share a beer or two with you and Vinny but obv you were busy and Vinny bluffed he was doing some work!  (Maybe UKIPT in Nov we can catch up)

So having got back from Edinburgh on Sunday life has been pretty busy as my "gardening leave" has now officially ended and for the first time in 13 years I am officially unemployed so have had to create a CV as my last 3 positions were just done on word of mouth and an interview with the companies approaching me.

I have only made one call so far as there are only 2-3 companies that I will approach and having met them twice I was offered a position this week which is a backwards step but to take a big forwards step within 6-12 months so I will be going back to them after the weekend and I have a meeting with one of the guys from my old company who was made redundant last week also (current total is 5 inc me in a business that we have grown 20% minimum this year) and we may do something together but will let you know if that turns into anything soon.

As I said the best thing about this situation was the time I have been able to spend at home with Petra and the kids and we are fortunate that getting straight back into work was not the priority so with Max starting school it's been great to take him to school and drop  Ivy at preschool then pick them up with Petra being able to develop her business a touch by taking more jobs on or doing some extra social media stuff and me some time to research/develop my ideas.

In non manly stuff I have been able to help a bit more round the house also and cook a bit of dinner here and there (see below) as well as maintain my healthy gym regime which I will post more about in 10 days time just before I head to Malta with some photographic evidence and believe me there are a couple of horrific weighty/podgy photo's of me before I decided in April/May to do something about my expanding waist line.

We eat pretty well at home and I am lucky that Petra has been brought up the way she has as everything is freshly cooked with very little if any processed food in the house and her mum/grandma taught her how to cook from scratch plus we intermix Slovak dishes with our dishes too.

Today I decided to cook a Slovak dish called Zivanska which is a meat and veg dish that is prepared in a foil parcel and then placed in a bain marie and cooked and due to limited time with our busy lives we often cook for a couple of days so I today prepared 6 parcels for today and tomorrow when my Mum will also be with us for dinner.  You can do this dish with most meats and I used pork loins chops today but you can use Chicken, Venison or even fish and adapt the dish as the principle is the same.

So I started out preparing all the meat and veg by slicing Onions, tomatoes, peppers, sweet and regular potatoes, cut some bacon into strips, cut up some frankfurters and gherkins then tenderised the pork with a mallet so we had this
 Click to see full-size image.

Then after cutting the fat on the pork at 1" intervals to stop it curling I prepared the parcels by cutting two lengths of foil per parcel with each piece a bit smaller than the size of a red top newspaper and folding two of the top edges together like so

Place a piece of meat on each double bit of foil (obv the other 4 parcels are dotted around the kitchen) and season and spread a layer of mustard (optional) on the meat

Then you can intermix the veg and meat as you please so today I went for bacon, gherkins and the frankfurters first

before adding the tomatoes, onions and peppers

finally add the potatoes around the edges and on top finishing with a final season, some soy sauce and a drizzle of olive oil

before wrapping it all up like so, folding the ends in to finish

and then place in the deep sided oven dish before adding water and placing in the oven for about 45 minutes

The result I will post later when we cook and eat it (the Slovaks just transfer the foil parcel onto a plate and open it up and eat) when you should be greeted with a steaming plate of lovliness with all the flavours and veg along with some tender meat.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: October 09, 2015, 03:20:24 PM »

<3 Zivanska

Halusky as well.

Think the 'no processed' stuff holds for CZ as well, everyone here can cook fresh stuff from scratch.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: October 09, 2015, 03:25:01 PM »

<3 Zivanska

Halusky as well.

Think the 'no processed' stuff holds for CZ as well, everyone here can cook fresh stuff from scratch.
Yeah I definitely think the eastern European's are bought up knowing the value of cooking and also using everything ie bones to make stock etc with very little wastage from a joint on the bone.

Have you tried the white sausage and pigs trotters? oh and Carp at Christmas?

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: October 09, 2015, 03:27:41 PM »

Haven't had carp yet, but try pretty much everything else.

Friend text me the other day.

'Do you have waders?'

'What?'

'Waders I think you say in English.'

'What?'

'For fishing'

'Oh waders, of course, I have several pairs in my wardrobe'

'Great. We need them for the Carp Festival'

'The Carp Festival?'

'Yes. It's 2 hours outside of Prague and very popular. I'll drive'

'Christ'

'No, Carp!'
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: October 10, 2015, 09:28:01 PM »

Hi Rich,

Why don't you set up your own Estate Agency ?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: October 10, 2015, 09:44:03 PM »

Hi Rich,

Why don't you set up your own Estate Agency in Malta ?

FYP

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: October 10, 2015, 10:28:11 PM »

Haven't had carp yet, but try pretty much everything else.

Friend text me the other day.

'Do you have waders?'

'What?'

'Waders I think you say in English.'

'What?'

'For fishing'

'Oh waders, of course, I have several pairs in my wardrobe'

'Great. We need them for the Carp Festival'

'The Carp Festival?'

'Yes. It's 2 hours outside of Prague and very popular. I'll drive'

'Christ'

'No, Carp!'

Carp is the fish almost always used to make gefiltefish.

You might not be familiar with the joy that is gefiltefish but it is a Jewish standard; chopped fish and some other ingredients made into balls rather like meatballs and either steamed or fried, often served as part of the Friday evening meal.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: October 16, 2015, 03:24:22 PM »

<3 Zivanska

Halusky as well.

Yeah I definitely think the eastern European's are bought up knowing the value of cooking and also using everything ie bones to make stock etc with very little wastage from a joint on the bone.

Have you tried the white sausage and pigs trotters? oh and Carp at Christmas?

I agree with this - Eastern Europeans ftw Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: