blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 12:44:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272937 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL Betting blog
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Betting blog  (Read 155490 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 14, 2011, 07:51:44 PM »

Poor old Denver are going to win just enough games for all the QBs to be gone by the time they pick, could be the same for Miami.

In the third quarter yesterday they had run 50 times, and had 0 passing yards. Tebow then connected on one later on

there is QB called Matt Barkley at USC who is going to be a really nice consolation prize for a bottom 5 team that cannot get Luck

Good news for the Eagles at this rate!

(low blow warning)

looking forward to Vince "dream team" Young this weekend?

(don't often get a chance supporting the LOLboys, so forgive me one rub)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: November 14, 2011, 10:35:02 PM »

Anyone want the unders on 49.5 200 left
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 14, 2011, 11:00:09 PM »

I will take the under for £100 pls

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: November 14, 2011, 11:00:59 PM »

Booked simon
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 14, 2011, 11:48:36 PM »

Schaub out for the season.

We've got involved in Titans for the division @ 9/1

Prob not coo of the year, but shud be like 4's prob.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 14, 2011, 11:57:48 PM »

Think 4-1 is probably a bit of a push given the backup but definitely a good bet and have nicked a bit myself.  Am on Vikings tonight +13.5 which I like as much as you can any bet against the Packers

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: November 15, 2011, 04:59:10 AM »

pack are just too good, was tilting when they brought flynn on but the recievers they have are just too fkin good, shib the overs
Patonius2000

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 15, 2011, 05:04:12 AM »

Where did u get 9/1?
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 15, 2011, 06:33:27 AM »

Where did u get 9/1?

BSQ and 888.com.

Come on you Titans! Need Foster to still be good for Texans for my FF team tho, sigh.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 15, 2011, 11:25:56 AM »

pack are just too good, was tilting when they brought flynn on but the recievers they have are just too fkin good, shib the overs

Thought my "read" was ok, MIN would struggle to score and GB might just stroll to 35 points or so.  But ultimately, just too good.

PM payment details pls.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 15, 2011, 12:01:32 PM »

Fancy Cincy +7 this weekend

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 15, 2011, 01:28:31 PM »

Anyone agree with me, Jones seems to think i'm mad.

If colts get #1 pick, Manning will not be with them next season, even if he's 100% fit

I do not agree

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 15, 2011, 01:50:30 PM »

Poor old Denver are going to win just enough games for all the QBs to be gone by the time they pick, could be the same for Miami.

In the third quarter yesterday they had run 50 times, and had 0 passing yards. Tebow then connected on one later on

there is QB called Matt Barkley at USC who is going to be a really nice consolation prize for a bottom 5 team that cannot get Luck

Good news for the Eagles at this rate!

(low blow warning)

looking forward to Vince "dream team" Young this weekend?

(don't often get a chance supporting the LOLboys, so forgive me one rub)

It wins the most polite rubdown award, that's for sure.

TBH, now that the season is dead to us, we might as well see whether VY can be the backup long-term as he's only on a 1yr contract.  The logic is he's the most 'Vick-like' QB out there, but all we've seen so far is that he can make the same bone-headed interceptions that Vick has been susceptible to all season.  I wouldn't mind seeing how he looks for a game or two now that the games are meaningless from a play-off perspective.

Maybe he's the missing piece in the jigsaw and we look like the dream team from now on 

One thing we should do now is get rid of the Castillo experiment at DC ASAP and find someone who can do the job.  He would at least benefit from some time with the current crop of players to see whether he can get anything out of the rag-tag bunch of linebackers we have or can figure out that elite CB's don't look quite as good when you ask them to play schemes they're not used to.  There's going to be a massive clamour for Reid to lose his job (it's bad enough when we make the playoffs!) and it might well happen, but I'm not sure it's the best thing for the team.  I just wish he'd change the record in press conferences!

To be honest, it's the season I feared we have.  All the dream-team hype this season reminded me too much of the Cowboys last year (i.e. the first team to win a Superbowl in their own stadium) and our season has pretty much followed the same crash course as that one did.  I much prefer us to be under-the-radar, like we were last year, although there's no chance of that ever being the case again while Vick is the QB.

The remainder of the season now becomes can we stay ahead of the mighty Redskins!  It says everything about us that we have the same record as them, the Cleveland Browns, Arizona, Seattle, and Jacksonville.  It's where we belong at the moment, without a doubt, and at least we can stop the pretence that things could still turn around.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 15, 2011, 02:02:04 PM »

If colts get #1 pick, Manning will not be with them next season, even if he's 100% fit

I do not agree

It's a possibility, but I think it's more likely they live with both Luck and Manning on the roster for a season and give Luck a chance to learn the system.  Manning's trade value in a year's time won't be much different from now (and there'll be teams out there who would take him, despite the injury risk) so if Luck is the new messiah then they can go forward with him at that point.  Similarly, if the situation arises that Manning is awesome again next season to the extent that they choose to see out his contract, I doubt that Luck's trade value will have dropped off to any extent from what teams would be willing to give up for the No1 pick this year.

The other possible scenario, although I struggle to see it happening, is that Indy trade the pick anyway and stick with Manning.  I've heard talk of 3x 1st AND 2nd round picks potentially being the price of getting the pick, which is huge in terms of ability to rebuld for the next 10 years or so.  However, it doesn't seem that unlikely, given what the Raiders traded away to get Carson Palmer!

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 15, 2011, 02:13:55 PM »

I do not agree

It's a possibility, but I think it's more likely they live with both Luck and Manning on the roster for a season and give Luck a chance to learn the system.  Manning's trade value in a year's time won't be much different from now (and there'll be teams out there who would take him, despite the injury risk) so if Luck is the new messiah then they can go forward with him at that point.  Similarly, if the situation arises that Manning is awesome again next season to the extent that they choose to see out his contract, I doubt that Luck's trade value will have dropped off to any extent from what teams would be willing to give up for the No1 pick this year.

The other possible scenario, although I struggle to see it happening, is that Indy trade the pick anyway and stick with Manning.  I've heard talk of 3x 1st AND 2nd round picks potentially being the price of getting the pick, which is huge in terms of ability to rebuld for the next 10 years or so.  However, it doesn't seem that unlikely, given what the Raiders traded away to get Carson Palmer!

One other twist to this is that the reason Manning hasn't been placed on IR this season is potentially that they want to see him return to practice to see what the likelihood is of him recovering for next year.  It's clearly a nonsense to expect that they're actually going to play him in a game now that they're 0-10 but if he goes to IR they can't see him practice before the option on his contract is due and the draft takes place.

It makes a lot of sense to me, and I've been puzzled that they didn't just put him on IR once the season was lost, and I can't see any other logical reason why this hasn't happened.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: