blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 04:04:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL Betting blog
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Betting blog  (Read 155416 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: November 15, 2011, 02:42:17 PM »

I fully expect them to trade down to acquire a sick running back and lots more players if Manning is okay to continue his glittering career.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 15, 2011, 03:19:17 PM »

No way any team that is able to get Luck will not take him.  The only team I think possibly wouldn't take him would be Green Bay.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 15, 2011, 03:27:02 PM »

No way any team that is able to get Luck will not take him.  The only team I think possibly wouldn't take him would be Green Bay.

Of the possible candidates in 'suck for Luck' I'd be surprised if the Rams took him, given what they have invested in Bradford.  He's been disappointing this season, admittedly, but they'd surely benefit from acquiring multiple picks to strengthen elsewhere rather than go back on a rebuilding exercise they started 2 years ago.

Similarly with the Panthers.  Newton is the face of their franchise now after proving the doubters wrong about his ability to function as an NFL QB.  They need to build around him to turn their results around as he's getting them close in most games, but not across the line.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 15, 2011, 03:41:32 PM »

I fully expect them to trade down to acquire a sick running back and lots more players if Manning is okay to continue his glittering career.

disagree. Manning is in his 12th year. Whilst a star QB can have the longevity of Favre, most don't. Manning might have 5 more years at the top, he might not play again. They have to pick Luck and rebuild round him

Only those teams who drafted a sure thing franchise QB in the last two years (Bradford, Newton) would trade this pick away

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 15, 2011, 03:57:08 PM »

I have a feeling that Manning's injury is worse than they are letting on.  I think even the Rams would take him.  Agree Carolina wouldn't.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 15, 2011, 04:10:01 PM »

disagree. Manning is in his 12th year. Whilst a star QB can have the longevity of Favre, most don't. Manning might have 5 more years at the top, he might not play again. They have to pick Luck and rebuild round him

Only those teams who drafted a sure thing franchise QB in the last two years (Bradford, Newton) would trade this pick away

Are you talking about teams that might get the option or the 32 teams in total?

Does everyone not think we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves with how good Luck might be? He has proven nothing yet and people are talking like he is a ready made superbowl winning QB

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 15, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »

there is always a chance that he won't live up to the hype.

the Elway, Manning types though have turned franchises from no hopers to superbowl contenders in about three years obviously as long as other talent is drafted too

I was thinking only very few teams would want to pass up someone considered by all who commentate an Elway, Favre, Marino type

carolina and the rams obviously as they have just made huge investments in number 1 qb picks

green bay because of rodgers

brees, roethlisberger, brady etc etc would allow their teams to pass...not that they'd ever pick high enough this year anyway

seattle, miami, cleveland, jacksonville, washington likely to be top 10 picks that would love Luck if Indy do trade

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:21:53 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 15, 2011, 05:11:29 PM »

There is always going to be a risk that a qb is going to be a bust in the NFL, but according to virtually everyone in the know the chances that Luck turns out to be a very good NFL qb are very high relatively.

The indy situation is intriguing, they will deffo take him and would be mad not to. What a better education could he get than working as Manning's understudy for a while.What you do with Manning is interesting as there are non-footballing reasons that trading him would be bad for Indy, he basically is the face of the Colts in the public eye.

Is Barkley deffo going to be available for the draft as he is a junior and USC will actually be bowl eligeble next year? View on Landry Jones the Oklahoma QB? The fins would be mad not to pick a QB in the first round and these are the 2 that look the most likely imo now.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 15, 2011, 05:58:33 PM »

It is actually remarkably rare that these really highly rated players don't live up to the hype.  Lets not forget he has played 3 years at the top of the college game turning around a college that hasn't had that much impact before.  Ryan Leaf is so well known because it is so rare for a massively touted QB not to make it.  Tim Couch and David carr are the only ones that have been drafted #1 and not turned into a franchise player recently and both played for a while as number ones.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 15, 2011, 06:03:08 PM »

Jamarcus Russell too. Your point ius fair though.

My eyes are open wide
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: November 15, 2011, 06:12:51 PM »

If the new college prospects are so valuable and worth building your team around, how much would you be happy with your team giving up to get this prospect if say the colts turned him down, or the colts select him to trade him.

The Bears gave up 1st round picks for the next 2 years and a 3rd round pick plus kyle orton iirc. A heavy price but it has been a long time since they had a franchise QB.

what would a bradford or mccoy cost now to pick up?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 15, 2011, 06:21:32 PM »

Looking back it is truly remarkable that the Dolphins drafted Jake Long as their first round pick in 2008 when Flacco and Ryan were available and then picked Henne with their second round pick.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 16, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »

Jets -6
Bears -3.5
Cowboys -7
Ten +6

Lmk if anyone wants any of that...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:27:40 PM by Simon Galloway » Logged

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: November 17, 2011, 05:11:34 PM »