blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:47:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  MMA Thread/Betting
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MMA Thread/Betting  (Read 209732 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: August 11, 2018, 12:16:02 PM »

https://youtu.be/UcjWHVBc9_8

Nice  roundup by True Geordie
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 11, 2018, 02:03:08 PM »

Yeah, remember watching that when it came out.

It's very good.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: August 28, 2018, 08:50:38 PM »

dad dont dance

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 21, 2018, 11:34:57 PM »

Short version of the press conference Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 02, 2018, 01:59:11 AM »

Good talk with Conor.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 05, 2018, 09:30:44 AM »

I'm still not sure I like or enjoy MMA, and McGregor apart, the only face I know is T J Dillashaw.

Anyway, McGregor fights in Vegas tomorrow night for a reported purse of £38 million - mbn - against a guy unbeaten in 26 fights.

It'll probably be at silly o'clock in the morning, so is it worth staying up to watch, or is it all WWE style huff & puff?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 07, 2018, 06:43:54 AM »

I'm still not sure I like or enjoy MMA, and McGregor apart, the only face I know is T J Dillashaw.

Anyway, McGregor fights in Vegas tomorrow night for a reported purse of £38 million - mbn - against a guy unbeaten in 26 fights.

It'll probably be at silly o'clock in the morning, so is it worth staying up to watch, or is it all WWE style huff & puff?

Both.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 07, 2018, 09:48:07 AM »

Both.

Well yes. I never stayed up in the end - fell asleep trying though, at about 3am - but it seems you are correct.

Presumably, the script now says they get a re-match, or the winner gets disqualified, & "grudge match" follows. They both get another huge purse, & live happily ever after.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 07, 2018, 10:22:23 AM »

Both.

Well yes. I never stayed up in the end - fell asleep trying though, at about 3am - but it seems you are correct.

Presumably, the script now says they get a re-match, or the winner gets disqualified, & "grudge match" follows. They both get another huge purse, & live happily ever after.

Khabib gets stripped of titles. They fight for the vacant belts.

That kind of thing?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 07, 2018, 10:35:45 AM »

Both.

Khabib gets stripped of titles. They fight for the vacant belts.

That kind of thing?

You've read the book before?

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 31, 2018, 10:46:03 AM »

Really been delving into MMA the last few months. One of the channels on YouTube done a top 10 MMA documentaries, Choke was at number 2 Anyone seen it? Really great 90mins of following Rickson Gracie in 1994 for the Vale Tudo (?) in Asia, Obvs leads on to checking out Wiki (tikay style) for the next few hours reading about the family.

Just about to start watching the number 1 choice on Mark Kerr: The Smashing Machine, Life and Times of Extreme Fighter Mark Kerr. By all accounts he was a no rules fighter for a while, should be interesting.

All available on YouTube.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 31, 2018, 03:25:27 PM »

Really been delving into MMA the last few months. One of the channels on YouTube done a top 10 MMA documentaries, Choke was at number 2 Anyone seen it? Really great 90mins of following Rickson Gracie in 1994 for the Vale Tudo (?) in Asia, Obvs leads on to checking out Wiki (tikay style) for the next few hours reading about the family.

Just about to start watching the number 1 choice on Mark Kerr: The Smashing Machine, Life and Times of Extreme Fighter Mark Kerr. By all accounts he was a no rules fighter for a while, should be interesting.

All available on YouTube.

Watched that a while back. He was the guy who was juiced to the gills, and really struggling with pain pill addiction, too.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 31, 2018, 03:27:34 PM »

Both.

There is no script. Khabib, not unreasonably, hates him Cheesy

It was already a grudge match, as you saw from what transpired afterwards. I wasn't completely sold, but it does appear that he really is a different beast, and told them to keep his money.

Don't think Conor will get the rematch, and he was quite self critical in his post match dissection of the fight.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 31, 2018, 03:53:09 PM »

can you post the list of the top 10? I would like to see which ones I have seen!

Derrick Lewis at over 5/1 for a heavyweight title fight is one of the more lopsided lines I have seen for a heavyweight fight - a division where one punch can win it. It is a really weird fight with Cormier saying he has an injured hand and still taking the fight and Lewis having a really tough fight just 28 days ago and suffering with cardio and back issues. I would love to bet him, but not sure I can do it.

Khabib surely has to fight Tony Ferguson now so that leaves Conor looking for his next opponent. Obvious one is Nate Diaz of course. Perhaps leaving Poirier facing Kevin Lee? I'd love to see Conor fight Justin Gaethje - and I think it would be a great fight for both of them, but Gaethje not high profile enough yet.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: October 31, 2018, 04:03:30 PM »

can you post the list of the top 10? I would like to see which ones I have seen!

Derrick Lewis at over 5/1 for a heavyweight title fight is one of the more lopsided lines I have seen for a heavyweight fight - a division where one punch can win it. It is a really weird fight with Cormier saying he has an injured hand and still taking the fight and Lewis having a really tough fight just 28 days ago and suffering with cardio and back issues. I would love to bet him, but not sure I can do it.

Khabib surely has to fight Tony Ferguson now so that leaves Conor looking for his next opponent. Obvious one is Nate Diaz of course. Perhaps leaving Poirier facing Kevin Lee? I'd love to see Conor fight Justin Gaethje - and I think it would be a great fight for both of them, but Gaethje not high profile enough yet.

Think Cormier will chuck him on the deck, and beat the life out of him, hand or no hand, and I love Derrick Lewis Cheesy

Wish they'd re-signed Alvarez, and fucked Nate Diaz off. Got famous off the back of their fights, and his delusional whining is very, very boring.

Khabib will fight Tony, if he can stay healthy, I think. Gaethje got no hope of getting anywhere near Conor, and I'd imagine a Poirier v Conor is most likely, or possibly Conor v Max/Aldo @ 155 a longer shot.

I think that Conor v Nate III will be down the line, as that is one he can take at any point in time.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: