blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 07:12:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272943 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fit blondes in Berlin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fit blondes in Berlin  (Read 84311 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2011, 05:39:07 PM »

better start getting fit......

Dear Mrs. Claire MacGregor

Your online registration has been processed under the order ID:  MA12-000652867 .

Pending the receipt of your final payment of 86,00  EUR, you are registered as follows:
Name:                       Claire MacGregor
Year of Birth:              1975
Event:                      39. BMW BERLIN-MARATHON
Participation:              42 km Lauf

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2011, 06:30:45 PM »

You've gone and done it now!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2011, 07:08:23 PM »

You've gone and done it now!

I know.  fml. 

in seriousness i really do want to make some lifestyle changes, drop the fags, eat better, get fit.  getting regged for this seemed like a pretty good goal/motivator.  I will shortly be asking gatso to take me shoe shopping.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2011, 09:16:26 PM »

Cool, I'll give you that book tomorrow night if I remember

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2011, 09:41:36 PM »

Cool, I'll give you that book tomorrow night if I remember

thumbs up only bring it if it will fit in my handbag though otherwise I will lose it

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2011, 09:45:38 PM »

Handbag size?

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2011, 09:51:08 PM »

Handbag size?

rough guess i'd say 12" x 10" x 3".  It's already full of crap though, obv.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2011, 05:42:30 PM »

goals for november

read gatso's book

buy/read this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nonrunners-Marathon-Guide-Women-Training/dp/1580052053/ref=pd_cp_b_3

search murky depths of back/bottom of wardrobe for trainers.

ditch the cigs.

do a bit of walking/jogging.

cut mcdonalds/kfc intake to 1 per week.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2011, 05:51:51 PM »

goals for november

read gatso's book

buy/read this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nonrunners-Marathon-Guide-Women-Training/dp/1580052053/ref=pd_cp_b_3

search murky depths of back/bottom of wardrobe for trainers.

ditch the cigs.

do a bit of walking/jogging.

cut mcdonalds/kfc intake to 1 per week.

Good luck with this, and to the others too, better man than me Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2011, 11:55:17 AM »

Started reading gatso's book this morning. Pretty inspiring stuff. For the first time since i contemplated signing up for this i'm full of confidence that i can and will cross that fininshing line next september. Mum just asked me what i want for christmas. I'm getting running shoes Smiley

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2011, 09:23:58 AM »

Started reading gatso's book this morning. Pretty inspiring stuff. For the first time since i contemplated signing up for this i'm full of confidence that i can and will cross that fininshing line next september. Mum just asked me what i want for christmas. I'm getting running shoes Smiley

excellent. I think that book is so good for beginners as it really gets you mentally prepared early on, something that's really important

interesting to see that you listed your nationality as german when you entered the marathon

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2011, 11:18:03 AM »

interesting to see that you listed your nationality as german when you entered the marathon

oopsie.  can't see it'll cause any major problems though.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2011, 11:29:08 AM »

oopsie.  can't see it'll cause any major problems though.

Hasn't really caused any problems for QEII.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2011, 09:34:28 PM »

I'll be starting my training tomorrow.

The old adage says 'don't run before you can walk' and I won't be.  When I commuted into London for work between the ages of 17 and 30 something I always did a fair bit of walking daily between home/stations/office.  These days I drive everywhere and, if I do have to walk somewhere now, I notice the difference.  A few months ago I was without my car for a week or so and after a couple of days of walking between the tube station and my office (pretty much bang on a mile each way) my legs were really aching a couple of days afterwards.  This is clearly not good and a sign of just how unfit I am right now.

As I said in an earlier post, I've started reading gatso's book* which seems like it's going to be a massive help not only with the physical side of things, but also with getting in the right frame of mind which is probably considerably more than half the battle when it comes to doing the long runs.  I can't remember how much has already been written about this book but here's a short excerpt from the introduction which gives a good overview:

"...In the spring semester of 1985 we taught for the first time what the students at the University of Northern Iowa now call "the marathon class".  We called it a seminar in Fitness and Mental Health and we had 14 students enrolled, none of whom had ever run more than three miles.....The class met twice a week for 15 weeks....Forrest taught one of the classes each week and lectured on such topics as cardiovascular functioning, proper hydration and nutrition.  Dave taught the other class session and talked with the students about believing in themselves and using mental imagery to get through the long tough training days....when the training was done we took them to participate in [a] marathon.  They all finished.

"We have taught the course four more times since then [over 200 students].  Our participants have ranged in age from 18 to 55.  Well over half of them have been women.  Almost none had ever run more than three miles prior to training with us.  Every time, all the students have finished the marathon [with one exception]."

The course turned out to be so popular that the students and lecturers came up with the idea of putting it all together in a book.  Fundamentally, it is a 16 week training programme aimed at enabling anyone to complete a marathon.  There is a presumption that, on commencing the 16 week programme, the reader can run a distance of 3 miles.  Not me.  Not yet.

Quite handy, then, that the book also includes a 10 week preliminary training programme to help any old sod reach that stage.  The idea is you choose where you are and jump in at that level.  Given my current state of unfitness and the fact that there is plenty of time ahead, I'm going to start this week, right at the beginning, hopefully enabling my legs and body to gradually get used to exercising again and working harder.

So, the 'training' goal for this week is 3 walks, at moderate pace, of 30 minutes each, the first of which I'll be doing tomorrow evening.  Next week it's the same again, with one extra walk thrown in.  Week 3 is three 30 minute walks at a fast pace, and week 4 is four 45 minute fast walks.  All should be fairly easy going, and a good foundation for week 5 when I dig out the shock absorber and start doing some actual jogging Cheesy

Actually really looking forward to getting started thumbs up

*The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer by David A Whitsett, Forrest A Dogener and Tanjala Mabon Kole

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2011, 10:02:13 PM »

The very best of luck with this Claire - impressive stuff  thumbs up

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: