blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 11:55:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272953 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fit blondes in Berlin
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fit blondes in Berlin  (Read 84342 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2011, 07:30:27 PM »

lol I wasn't thinking about pace until you told me to slow mine Cheesy

Of course you were. You told me what pace you were running, and that you felt as though 13 min/mile was too slow. 

Forget completely the distance you're covering, sod the speed, just run slowly for as long as you can until you reach the initial targets.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2011, 07:47:07 PM »

lol I wasn't thinking about pace until you told me to slow mine Cheesy

Of course you were. You told me what pace you were running, and that you felt as though 13 min/mile was too slow. 

Forget completely the distance you're covering, sod the speed, just run slowly for as long as you can until you reach the initial targets.

but it's not something i'm consciously thinking about when I'm running.  as I said, it felt slow to me, and i only looked up the distances afterwards purely out of interest.  to go any slower would mean consciously thinking about it instead of just doing what feels comfy which is my only 'plan' atm.  I'm getting quite confused now.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2011, 08:41:45 PM »

Make a conscious effort to run slower.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2011, 12:48:23 PM »

Really dont worry Claire, back in Feb I was struggling to run 1k!
As long as you keep at it you can do a bit more every time.

Currently lost my mojo for Xmas so I am only doing about 15-20k a week plus a spin class

Signed up for the same half marathon as Dan in March and will be commencing training for that Jan 3rd
Target time is 2hr 10mins which i think is very realistic and achievable.
Then going to do another half marathon in the summer to get used to doing it warm. Target 2hr
Therefore aiming around the 4hr 30min mark for Berlin.

#runningforbratwurst

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2011, 12:55:39 PM »

"15-20k a week plus a spin class" - not the end of the world, will keep you ticking over until you get going again in the New Year. 

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2011, 05:13:11 PM »

Travelling to Bath for the half marathon in March, so excited, I hear there is a Nandos there.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2011, 09:30:21 PM »

feel like I've taken a bit of a backwards step tonight (someone tell me this is normal please!).  I set out tonight to do the same as I did on Sunday - 10 mins jog/5 min walk x2.  Sunday was my first attempt at this, and I found it relatively easy going, no aches or pains and felt really exhilarated afterwards.  I expected (naively?) that going out to do it today for the second time would be much the same.  (although I did make a conscious effort to go slower Smiley).

About 6-7 minutes in the ankles started to ache again like they did the first time I went out a couple of weeks ago.  They just about eased up during the 5 minute walk.  The second 10 minute jog was a complete disaster.  As soon as I started jogging again so did the aching, and then a tightening on the right side of my right shin......

.....Digressing slightly for a second - over the past couple of years I've been suffering on and off with an undiagnosed pain which radiates from my right hip down the side of the front of my right thigh and inwards a couple of inches into my groin.  Had some physio for it in the summer (although the physio still didn't really know what was causing it) and kind of stopped for a few months, but started playing up sporadically again a couple of months ago once the temperature started to drop.  Of course, it's sod's law that I only said to Delboy today that I'd not had any problems with it since I'd started out exercising.  

....not really knowing at this stage whether that type of pain is best 'run through' or not, I started to walk for a bit.  And the old pain described above said hello again for the first time in ages Sad  Couple of minutes later it eased off and I started jogging again and it hit straight back along with the pain in the shin.  Shin/ankles fine now, but my old friend is hanging around.

So tonight I ended up doing 10 minutes sloooow jogging, 5 min walk, then about 2 mins jogging, with the remainder almost entirely walked.  I'm not going to be going out again now until Saturday morning and pretty unsure what to expect, but for the first time since I started I'm not looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:32:12 PM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2011, 09:45:06 PM »

just occured to me that maybe time of day could be a factor - sunday went out relatively early in the day after a decent night's kip/relaxing morning.  Today went out after long day at work preceded by a pretty bad night's sleep......

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »

do you get any back pain at the same time? could be a problem/tight psoas

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2011, 10:38:39 PM »

do you get any back pain at the same time? could be a problem/tight psoas

My back does give me gip now and again since I slipped a disc years back when Hannah was a baby.  Doesn't seem to be any correlation between the two though (i.e. they don't play me up at the same time) and, touch wood, the back's given me no bother at all for a good few weeks - the exercise really seems to be helping with that.

I'm obv not in anyway medically qualified, but I'm pretty sure it's not muscular (it's not usually aggravated by physical movement), and it just doesn't feel like that 'type' of pain.  X ray last year ruled out anything skeletal.  Think it's probs most likely a problem with a trapped nerve or something.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2011, 07:31:31 PM »

This week has been pretty much a wash-out for me training-wise.  Was always going to be a tricky one to fit the runs in as had a lot on, and Tuesday's disaster didn't really help matters.  So, I'm rolling back the training plan one week and going for the 10/5/10/5  jog/walks again three times over the coming week.

I've also just set up sponsorship pages for both the marathon and the May half marathon to help concentrate the mind and spur me on a bit.  Spam in my sig Smiley

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2011, 07:35:18 PM »

The links take us to your log in page.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2011, 08:12:40 PM »

The links take us to your log in page.

tyty - fixied Smiley

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2011, 07:02:40 PM »

gatso's guide to half marathon race prep

don't run with an injury that hurts just walking to the start

do not have an all day drinking session the day before as this will lead to you only getting 3 hours sleep

do not have an all day drinking session the day before as you will forget to eat and get to the race having not had solids for 36 hours

do not have an all day drinking session the day before as you will start the race unsure as to whether you are hungover or still drunk

if you're going to have an all day drinking session the day before then include several jugs of cocktails. the fruit juice will at least ensure that you're hydrated

do your laces up properly so  you don't have to stop halfway and do them with a brain that's turned to mush and can't figure out how to tie knots

get to the start early. starting at the back of a 2,000 runner race taking part on narrow lanes is not conducive to a fast start

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2011, 07:23:18 PM »

Went well?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: