blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 07:39:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272946 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fit blondes in Berlin
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fit blondes in Berlin  (Read 84313 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2012, 08:15:55 PM »

sorry tom, if I'd realised you were ready to strike I'd have set it up better

had to part with my  fave running socks today, got a hole in one. quite a sad moment

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2012, 08:20:39 PM »

had to part with my  fave running socks today, got a hole in one. quite a sad moment

Save them for golf imo!  Cheesy

The older I get, the better I was.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2012, 08:22:53 PM »

Save them for golf imo!  Cheesy

cupcake

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2012, 01:39:23 PM »

any tips for running in the snow (other than 'don't do it' or 'avoid the yellow bits')?

presuming it's best to stick to grass if possible?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2012, 01:44:51 PM »

any tips for running in the snow (other than 'don't do it' or 'avoid the yellow bits')?

presuming it's best to stick to grass if possible?

It is possible.

Remove pants, sit on grass. Trust me, you will stick. Job done.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:46:59 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2012, 02:55:22 PM »

I've been out for a lovely enjoyable 20 min run in the snow this morning. I had my trail shoes on and felt like evilpie with his winter tyres but a couple of friends were in normal running shoes and no-one had any problems with grip

sticking to fresh snow is best as that's not slippy but tbh you're a lot less likely to slip while jogging along than while walking

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2012, 03:09:39 PM »

Ok gonna go out in an hour or so.  will blame gatso when i fall over.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2012, 03:53:36 PM »

there's also the added bonus that when I left home my shoes were caked in mud from the last time I took them offroading, now they are spotless and all shiny

craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2012, 03:53:49 PM »

Ok gonna go out in an hour or so.  will blame gatso when i fall over.

One thing I forgot to wear today was sunglasses! The rest of my kit was spot on though I made a schoolboy by not wearing the protective shades.

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »

I washed all my running gear earlier and it's still not dry.  i think it's god's way of telling me to have a rest on the sabbath.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2012, 04:56:51 PM »

I've been out for a lovely enjoyable 3h 20 min run in the snow this morning. I had my trail shoes on and felt like evilpie with his winter tyres but a couple of friends were in normal running shoes and no-one had any problems with grip

sticking to fresh snow is best as that's not slippy but tbh you're a lot less likely to slip while jogging along than while walking

How far did you go?  Must have been well over 20 miles at the pace you run.

Love running in the snow, not so keen when it all turns to mush and slush though and feet get sodden.  My Salomons are pretty good at keeping my feet dry though, my road shoes aren't quite so effective.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2012, 05:09:01 PM »

I've been out for a lovely enjoyable 3h 20 min run in the snow this morning. I had my trail shoes on and felt like evilpie with his winter tyres but a couple of friends were in normal running shoes and no-one had any problems with grip

Love running in the snow, not so keen when it all turns to mush and slush though and feet get sodden.  My Salomons are pretty good at keeping my feet dry though, my road shoes aren't quite so effective.

I'm going to guess 17.5 miles

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2012, 05:09:53 PM »

Did I miss where he said how far he ran?

Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2012, 05:10:57 PM »

Did I miss where he said how far he ran?

Cheesy

lol nah - saw it on facebook earlier.

either that, or I'm magic.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2012, 06:26:15 PM »

only did 17 1/2 miles, slow run in general made slower by doing the first third with some 11-12 minute milers until they turned for home and plenty of stops for photos and checking out the wildlife. much more of a social event than a training run until we upped the pace for the last few miles. saw a heron on the thames which was a first

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: