blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 07:53:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272946 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fit blondes in Berlin
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fit blondes in Berlin  (Read 84315 times)
BAM

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 01, 2012, 10:56:53 PM »

I've booked into the Derag Livinghotel Königin Luise Thursday till Tuesday because: -

Its a parkland setting
8km from town so a nice warm up and down
It has a nearby 24 hr tram into town
Sauna and massage will be useful
It has good reviews
Its only £388 for 5 nights (free cancellation as well if I change my marbles)
It has free beer (sigh)

Cant really book flights yet as I don't know whether I'll be in the UK or Poland at the time.

Were in one of the other Derag hotels, Henriette, because the main restaurant is a curry house ;-)
Curry for breakfast will set me up well for the day!

Does it have free beer hopkino?

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 01, 2012, 10:57:58 PM »

I've booked into the Derag Livinghotel Königin Luise Thursday till Tuesday because: -

Its a parkland setting
It has good reviews
It has free beer (sigh)

Cant really book flights yet as I don't know whether I'll be in the UK or Poland at the time.

Were in one of the other Derag hotels, Henriette, because the main restaurant is a curry house ;-)

Minibar is apparently gratis

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
BAM

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 01, 2012, 11:03:12 PM »

Its a parkland setting
It has good reviews
It has free beer (sigh)

Minibar is apparently gratis

#fckingetinthere

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 01, 2012, 11:05:04 PM »

gatso and i will be getting free beer in our apartment after we've car-booted off the contents of the bookcase and the electrical items.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
BAM

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 01, 2012, 11:08:26 PM »

gatso and i will be getting free beer in our apartment after we've car-booted off the contents of the bookcase and the electrical items.

Squatters rights FTW

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: April 08, 2012, 11:34:01 AM »

I can't believe Dan has let himself go so quickly. Think you need to up the miles fella:

Click to see full-size image.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 08, 2012, 11:40:46 AM »

I can't believe Dan has let himself go so quickly. Think you need to up the miles fella:

Click to see full-size image.

yeah he deffo needs a haircut

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 08, 2012, 07:06:02 PM »

bit unfair, that's an old photo

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 09, 2012, 11:30:42 AM »

Bit of an uphill battle ahead here.  Got hit by a nasty cold a few weeks ago that developed into a chest infection that wouldn't shift.  After a week of antibiotics it's almost cleared now, and I'm going to start training again tomorrow.

I'm now faced with the reality of being signed up to run a half marathon in just 11 weeks time, having never run more than 3 miles in my life, and only having done that a handful of times.  Just going to concentrate on building up as much as I can over those weeks without overdoing it, and will be happy if I can do the full course at the end of May without having to walk some of the way (actually, I'd still probably be pretty happy if I finished it even with some walking thrown in Smiley)

Sponsorship has been slow, but when a donation has come in it's been hugely motivating so if anyway wants to click on the linkies in my sig and give some money to a good cause, then please feel free Smiley

Didn't appreciate how much of a spanner in the work a chest infection could be.  The first few times I tried running after making this last post it was a real struggle with the breathing (never been a problem for me before then) - chest just started hurting after less than a mile and had a lot of very short runs.  Took about two weeks after the antibiotics for that to really go away.  By the time that was fixed it was like my legs had forgotten how to go any further, so whilst the chest was fine, the calves and ankles just weren't having it.  Last week, after what seemed like an eternity, I finally managed to get back where I had been before I got ill, running 3 miles reasonably comfortably.

The half marathon is now only 7 weeks away and obviously I'd planned/hoped to be a lot further along than I am now.  The semi-plan now is to try to add a mile a week to my longest runs, and hopefully get to a point where I can attempt the race without feeling totally overwhelmed at the prospect.  My race number and timing chip arrived in the post this week, along with a chart showing how hilly the course is.  I'm trying not to look at that particular piece of information Cheesy

Going to attempt my first 4 miler today - just working on planning a totally fresh route rather than extending my well-worn 3 mile circuit.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: April 09, 2012, 11:44:37 AM »

Bit of an uphill battle ahead here.  Got hit by a nasty cold a few weeks ago that developed into a chest infection that wouldn't shift.  After a week of antibiotics it's almost cleared now, and I'm going to start training again tomorrow.

I'm now faced with the reality of being signed up to run a half marathon in just 11 weeks time, having never run more than 3 miles in my life, and only having done that a handful of times.  Just going to concentrate on building up as much as I can over those weeks without overdoing it, and will be happy if I can do the full course at the end of May without having to walk some of the way (actually, I'd still probably be pretty happy if I finished it even with some walking thrown in Smiley)

Sponsorship has been slow, but when a donation has come in it's been hugely motivating so if anyway wants to click on the linkies in my sig and give some money to a good cause, then please feel free Smiley

Didn't appreciate how much of a spanner in the work a chest infection could be.  The first few times I tried running after making this last post it was a real struggle with the breathing (never been a problem for me before then) - chest just started hurting after less than a mile and had a lot of very short runs.  Took about two weeks after the antibiotics for that to really go away.  By the time that was fixed it was like my legs had forgotten how to go any further, so whilst the chest was fine, the calves and ankles just weren't having it.  Last week, after what seemed like an eternity, I finally managed to get back where I had been before I got ill, running 3 miles reasonably comfortably.

The half marathon is now only 7 weeks away and obviously I'd planned/hoped to be a lot further along than I am now.  The semi-plan now is to try to add a mile a week to my longest runs, and hopefully get to a point where I can attempt the race without feeling totally overwhelmed at the prospect.  My race number and timing chip arrived in the post this week, along with a chart showing how hilly the course is.  I'm trying not to look at that particular piece of information Cheesy

Going to attempt my first 4 miler today - just working on planning a totally fresh route rather than extending my well-worn 3 mile circuit.

I've just started training for my 150 mile bike ride which will be on the 17th of June and I've developed a chest infection too.

If you rub some eucalyptus oil on mine, Ill rub some on yours.

The older I get, the better I was.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 09, 2012, 11:47:57 AM »

If you rub some eucalyptus oil on mine, Ill rub some on yours.

that's a very kind offer Tom, but my chest is all better now Smiley

I'm just contemplating taking some ibuprofen half an hour before i run in the hopes that it might help when the aches start to kick in.  Good idea/bad idea/pointless?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: April 09, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »

Actually I'm probably getting the worst of that bargain. My chest is very flat, straightforward and easy to do. No fiddly bits or anything.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: April 09, 2012, 11:51:14 AM »

Don't take anything. Pain is there for a reason.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 09, 2012, 11:51:33 AM »

Actually I'm probably getting the worst of that bargain. My chest is very flat, straightforward and easy to do. No fiddly bits or anything.

...whereas mine more closely resembles the topography of sheffield...

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 09, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »

Don't take anything. Pain is there for a reason.

yeah i know, i'm gonna tough it out.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: