blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 03:44:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fit blondes in Berlin
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fit blondes in Berlin  (Read 84372 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: April 09, 2012, 11:53:35 AM »

Actually I'm probably getting the worst of that bargain. My chest is very flat, straightforward and easy to do. No fiddly bits or anything.

...whereas mine more closely resembles the topography of sheffield...

I spent some very happy times in Sheffield.

The older I get, the better I was.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 09, 2012, 12:01:28 PM »

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/01/phys-ed-does-ibuprofen-help-or-hurt-during-exercise/

study summed up in the last para

When, then, are ibuprofen and other anti-inflammatory painkillers justified? “When you have inflammation and pain from an acute injury,” Warden says. “In that situation, NSAIDs are very effective.” But to take them “before every workout or match is a mistake.”

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 09, 2012, 12:33:52 PM »

Claw are u a member of a gym?

I've found I've built up my distance on treadmill and u can pace urself.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 09, 2012, 01:09:02 PM »

wow - that was actually awesome!  Adding that extra mile has made a huge impact mentally I think.

I started off deliberately as slowly as I could, and, as is the norm, the ankles started to ache at around the 2.5 mile mark.  Usually i've only got another half a mile to go at this point so just push on.  Knowing I had an extra 1.5 miles today I changed my stride slightly, tried to loosen things up a bit and, just after 3 miles, totally ache free!  The last mile was the easiest of the four and, although I didn't time it along the way, was almost certainly the fastest too.  Coulda happily carried on going.  I'm starting to feel like there might be a distance runner in me yet.

4 miles? Piece of cake......mmmmmm....cake.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 09, 2012, 01:09:19 PM »

Claw are u a member of a gym?

I've found I've built up my distance on treadmill and u can pace urself.

no.  gyms/treadmills bore me to tears

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 09, 2012, 01:43:27 PM »

wow - that was actually awesome!  Adding that extra mile has made a huge impact mentally I think.

I started off deliberately as slowly as I could, and, as is the norm, the ankles started to ache at around the 2.5 mile mark.  Usually i've only got another half a mile to go at this point so just push on.  Knowing I had an extra 1.5 miles today I changed my stride slightly, tried to loosen things up a bit and, just after 3 miles, totally ache free!  The last mile was the easiest of the four and, although I didn't time it along the way, was almost certainly the fastest too.  Coulda happily carried on going.  I'm starting to feel like there might be a distance runner in me yet.

4 miles? Piece of cake......mmmmmm....cake.

that's normal, it's why people warm up. the first part gets the aches out of the legs

if I'm doing a 5k race I'll do 2.5 to 3k first as a warmup. if I don't then I'm starting on heavy legs and will probably underperform

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: April 09, 2012, 01:56:09 PM »

My stomach works like that too. If I'm going to have a big fried brekky, I usually warm up with pancakes and cereals

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 09, 2012, 02:58:26 PM »

Claw do u have an iPhone? Should get the runkeeper app as it tracks routes and times of miles etc really good tool Wink

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 09, 2012, 03:06:42 PM »

Claw do u have an iPhone? Should get the runkeeper app as it tracks routes and times of miles etc really good tool Wink

cheers will look into that.

I've been using mapometer.com to plan routes, and my very technical timing system involves looking at the time when i leave and looking at the time when i get back. 

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: April 09, 2012, 03:09:15 PM »

cheers will look into that.

I've been using mapometer.com to plan routes, and my very technical timing system involves looking at the time when i leave and looking at the time when i get back. 

Geek.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 09, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »

today's run was approximately 38 minutes.  dunno if that's ok or if i'll get told off Cheesy

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: April 09, 2012, 03:30:02 PM »

today's run was approximately 38 minutes.  dunno if that's ok or if i'll get told off Cheesy

Can't imagine you won't get told off. We're all on holiday to celebrate Jebus coming back from the dead; boshi is gonna be mega tetchy today.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 09, 2012, 10:32:59 PM »

been mentally fannying about a bit over what to do next.  plan was, as I said earlier, to add a mile a week to my longest run.  I've already done that this week and was going to do a couple more 3-4 mile runs before building to 5 next week and so on.  that would see me hitting 10 miles the week before the race.

Having found the jump to 4 miles much easier than I anticipated, I'm really tempted to try a 5 miler for my next run now - by getting longer distances covered sooner, I'll hopefully be at the 10 mile stage a week or two before the race, and can do some shorter runs leading up to the day.

I know neither strategy is ideal but I'm not sure which is preferable. help!

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 09, 2012, 10:49:52 PM »

8 weekends til the race including this one, no need to rush anything. keep your long run to the weekend (or monday if you want to stay the same as this week)

wk 1- 4 miles
wk 2- 5 miles
wk 3- 6 miles
wk 4- 7 miles
wk 5- 8 miles
wk 6- 10 miles
wk 7- 6ish
wk 8 race

and keep your other runs during the week shorter than the long one obv with very little mileage in the week before the race, just a few leg stretches of a few slow miles

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 09, 2012, 10:51:43 PM »

oh did i miscount?  extra week is a bonus.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: