blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:24:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272673 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Luton 2012 thread, powered by the same old 3-4 posters
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton 2012 thread, powered by the same old 3-4 posters  (Read 216392 times)
Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: June 26, 2012, 07:51:24 PM »

The only thing i was confused about was deciding which end id like to go in first..... Smiley

what the hell ru 2 on about

A rather pretty young lady at the final table..didn't have a scooby doo what she was doing but i was at the opposite end of the table for half the night and i must say the view was rather jolly good...Smiley

Oh ok nice

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
GMan

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 28, 2012, 07:20:07 AM »

Can G card room elaborate quickly to stop any confusion, Friday are you running100 and £40 comp simultaneously as well as £100 tonight or is it just £100 comp Friday??
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 28, 2012, 10:29:51 AM »

The monthly special is on as normal.

Friday is also a £100 F/O. A one off, being golf day and all.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Britishgas

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 30, 2012, 09:48:43 PM »

It is sad, but after a deep thought I have decided not to come to g Luton any more. I may come for the gukpt series, but won't come for my regular games. Hope I will catch all the Luton regulars in other venues.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 30, 2012, 10:05:22 PM »

It is sad, but after a deep thought I have decided not to come to g Luton any more. I may come for the gukpt series, but won't come for my regular games. Hope I will catch all the Luton regulars in other venues.

That's a shame Das, hope you change your mind

sola virtus nobilitat
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 30, 2012, 10:10:27 PM »

Likewise, you are a Luton legend Das, would be the end of an era. Don't go!

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 30, 2012, 11:17:18 PM »

Wots the reason Das ?

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 30, 2012, 11:44:15 PM »

I'm guessing it because of a ruling that was made, ill put it up in a bit.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
parker

DESPERATELY seeking rungoodaments

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 01, 2012, 04:59:21 AM »

i was in the middle of the action....

das all in... gentleman to my left doesnt realise he has jammed and says raise throwing in a 5k chip as he does so.

once he realises he hadnt paid attention he takes the 5k chip back and mucks his cards.....

the ruling was asked for as by saying raise he has commited his stack (less then the all in) and mucked his cards.

the decision was made that only the 5k stands but the raise of the all in doesnt. he kept the rest of his chips only to go out a few hands later.

guessing getting two outered by lali on the river for 4 times average stack doesnt help either....

wiiiiii twin turbo'd
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 01, 2012, 09:04:25 AM »

you are most welcome at Dtd where you never see any of that sort of Giggery Pokery going on.  Rulings are always fair and just and favour blonde members and if someone hits a two outer for a small fee you can request the dealer rips the offending card into 20 pieces and has to draw another card. I am afraid if they then produce the one outer then that's just tough luck as you are only allowed to get away with ripping up one card, but then you should  an impressive bad beat tale Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Britishgas

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 01, 2012, 10:27:58 AM »

No, it was not to do with the rulein, we have all received bad rulein and need to accept it as a part of the game.  The day when it happened, they accepted it was a mistake and their seinior manager will call me on Satarday. Next day, no call from G, I called up and I was told that the manager was busy and passed on her message to Nina. I was told the decission was fair based on the circumstance and as a goodwill they would get me into a 100 pound tournament in future. I felt they were doing a favour to me by putting me in a 100 pound tournament, but had no respect for its regular customer who comes and play 3 to 4 days a week.

I was anoyed when the rulein was given. The game was stopped for 20 mins, no inspector in the room, they had to get a guy from roullete table to give the rule in, I am paying 10 pound as service charge for all this. The situation was 12 people left out of 73 people, I have spent 7 hours and a rulein changes everything and G is not ready to accept the mistake. They are trainning people with our money and not even ready to accept and compensate when they make a mistake.

12 people left, 9 gets paid, top price of 2300 pound and many short stakes around the table and I go allin with 4,5 offsuit next hand:).

I might still come during the GUKPT series, hope something will change by than, keeping finger crossed.

To confirm on the rule, I spoke to Ryan in DTD and he said I should have received the complete stack.
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 01, 2012, 12:40:36 PM »

Ul Brijesh     ......     unfortunately the Luton G now should only be regarded as a venue for 'recreational poker' - gone are its days of being a 'top cardroom'.

Time after time their rulings are wrong.

A personal example;

A similar scenario happened to me in a hand a month, or so, ago - I raised all in, called in one spot, turn my PP over, oppo looks down for his (unprotected) cards, rookie dealer has mucked them      .....     at (you guessed it) the Luton G.

Ruling called for    ....       we both agreed we 'knew' what the outcome was to be - and put it down to his 'bad luck'.

Not on your Luton G phuqqin Nelly my son!

I sat gobsmacked as talk of 'reconstructing the hand' slowly melded into a decision that my oppo got his chips back (he outchipped me, but not even the 'call' amount was taken from his stack)     ......   and I ended up with the SB/BB/antes only.

Now everyone down to Pina the Cleaner knew what the ruling should have been - but I ended up getting the worst ruling of my 'poker life'!

I actually had a 'quiet word' with George about the above    ....    he replied, "I suppose it was the fairest thing to do."

WTF?Huh??  We were talking about poker not the phuqqin partition of India!

'Fairness' shouldn't be an excuse to flout the rules of the game!!

Another example;

Deep in the Saturday afterlunch comp Player 1 raises, Player 2 re-raises, Player 1 shoves, Player 2 moves a tall stack of 1k chips over the line and flips over Aces.
Player 1 grimaces then says, “Have you put enough in?”
Ruling called for     …..     
Ruling – because Player 2 hadn’t announced “call” his hand was dead, and the pot was awarded to Player 1.
The count showed Player 2 was 1,400 chips short- in a 90k pot       ……..        his Aces hadn’t touched the muck, and were still the ‘right side’ of the line!
The other players at the table protested but were quickly told a TD’s decision was final!

Tbh nothing surprises me anymore @ Luton.

As I’ve said before shove all the G staff into a minibus, drive to Nottingham, and spend the day @ DTD to learn from the best     ….        You’ll also bump into a lot of your old customers!

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 01, 2012, 02:34:18 PM »

^^^ Not good

Is it the 4pm as usual today?

Looks like the Omaha has been dropped on Wednesday in favour of a £25er with one rebuy or add on.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 01, 2012, 04:05:13 PM »

^^^ Not good

Is it the 4pm as usual today?

Looks like the Omaha has been dropped on Wednesday in favour of a £25er with one rebuy or add on.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooo     ....    another crap comp to add to the same old, same old, schedule - I doubt I'll be dashing up the M1 with any of the old frequency.

I think they missed a trick here    ....   surely a £30/40/50 F/O with 10k stack - 3x30/25 Min Clock - 1 re-entry & a small guarantee would get them flooding through the doors?

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 05, 2012, 08:32:51 PM »

Please can we have the stream back please

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: