blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:44:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Luton 2012 thread, powered by the same old 3-4 posters
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton 2012 thread, powered by the same old 3-4 posters  (Read 215380 times)
FallenAngelAlex

yes i did just shake my tic tacs at you

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: July 17, 2012, 04:07:02 PM »

you trying to get me a job there nirvana?

yes i did just shake my tic tacs at you - did it work?
GMan

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 17, 2012, 04:59:35 PM »

Leave the comp structures alone just change the chip stacks, too many in play still plus early bird doesnt help...
Thats the issue not the clock.
Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 17, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »

I'm not sure what the final rulein will be but I'm with Fallen Angel. Just give me good dealers, ideally with nice breasts.

On a related note, I do feel the uniforms could be skimpier for the girls

mmmmmm sounds like a good plan there

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
Rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 17, 2012, 06:34:01 PM »

Leave the comp structures alone just change the chip stacks, too many in play still plus early bird doesnt help...
Thats the issue not the clock.

This,plus re-entrys are the work of the devil.

"Jimmy White told me the other night he hates name droppers,i had to agree"
Dave Johnson August 2010
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 17, 2012, 09:16:47 PM »

hi George. Once again i applaud your very well constructed response. Whilst i cannot comment on the ruling aspect i can however comment on the other two. I asked a friend to log on for me just this morning and to be honest even if i could get on to the website it certainly wasnt clear. Tonight it appears you have no less than three tourneys running. A £20 freeze out a £25 addon or a £20 rebuy for goliath. If someone that comes regularly to your club cannot understand it how is someone that is New and wants to come along supposed to? I fully understand that this is something that is out of your control however i cannot help but feel that this is not only damaging to your reputation but also your footfall. If people dont have a clear understanding of what is going on they simply wont come. As mentioned to you previously if you could email the schedule to us directly then it would be not only clearer but easier to access. With regard to the dealers yes the old guard has dispersed and New recruits have had to be found. They do need training and i have seen this training take place. You have to remember that all players will have there favourite dealers and the balance to this being there will be dealers the players do not like. Each have their own reasons i know i have ones that i deem 'lucky' and very apt and professional. I also have ones that could not deal me worse cards if i tried and i will readily admit i tend to pick up on there mistakes quicker that perhaps my favoured dealers so maybe some of it is mindset. However the fact that mistakes are made cannot be ignored. That being said mistakes will of course happen. We are all human at the end of the day. The main bone of contention i believe happens after the mistakes are made and we have to go through the pain of explaination. You as a crm must be aware of which dealers make mistakes more that most. I would suggest that these dealers are shadowed by one of your more experienced dealers or managers for a time after their training. This will not only reduce the amount of upset it will also support that dealer and help build their confidence. Might i also suggest that when in training that you ask a few players if they wouldnt mind forming phantom tables when they are there and not playing. Like you said training is very different to actually dealing with a live table. This may reduce the nerves a little when they do go 'live'. As a last line i would like to say that i am very happy with the majority of the New dealers. it always makes me smile when i see them finally adorned in red shirts and i would be happy to help get them to the standard that not only would make your players a lot happier but also put you back on the map as being one of the best card rooms in the country. Remember George a manager is only as good as his staff under him and they are what represent your card room and make people want to come back.

Paragraphs please Alex..felt like an eye test Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1175 on: July 17, 2012, 09:34:04 PM »

hi George. Once again i applaud your very well constructed response. Whilst i cannot comment on the ruling aspect i can however comment on the other two. I asked a friend to log on for me just this morning and to be honest even if i could get on to the website it certainly wasnt clear. Tonight it appears you have no less than three tourneys running. A £20 freeze out a £25 addon or a £20 rebuy for goliath. If someone that comes regularly to your club cannot understand it how is someone that is New and wants to come along supposed to? I fully understand that this is something that is out of your control however i cannot help but feel that this is not only damaging to your reputation but also your footfall. If people dont have a clear understanding of what is going on they simply wont come. As mentioned to you previously if you could email the schedule to us directly then it would be not only clearer but easier to access. With regard to the dealers yes the old guard has dispersed and New recruits have had to be found. They do need training and i have seen this training take place. You have to remember that all players will have there favourite dealers and the balance to this being there will be dealers the players do not like. Each have their own reasons i know i have ones that i deem 'lucky' and very apt and professional. I also have ones that could not deal me worse cards if i tried and i will readily admit i tend to pick up on there mistakes quicker that perhaps my favoured dealers so maybe some of it is mindset. However the fact that mistakes are made cannot be ignored. That being said mistakes will of course happen. We are all human at the end of the day. The main bone of contention i believe happens after the mistakes are made and we have to go through the pain of explaination. You as a crm must be aware of which dealers make mistakes more that most. I would suggest that these dealers are shadowed by one of your more experienced dealers or managers for a time after their training. This will not only reduce the amount of upset it will also support that dealer and help build their confidence. Might i also suggest that when in training that you ask a few players if they wouldnt mind forming phantom tables when they are there and not playing. Like you said training is very different to actually dealing with a live table. This may reduce the nerves a little when they do go 'live'. As a last line i would like to say that i am very happy with the majority of the New dealers. it always makes me smile when i see them finally adorned in red shirts and i would be happy to help get them to the standard that not only would make your players a lot happier but also put you back on the map as being one of the best card rooms in the country. Remember George a manager is only as good as his staff under him and they are what represent your card room and make people want to come back.

Paragraphs please Alex..felt like an eye test Smiley

I agree, every time I blinked I lost where I was in the in the wall to wall text, lol
FallenAngelAlex

yes i did just shake my tic tacs at you

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 17, 2012, 09:58:42 PM »

Lol ok sorry boys i have a habit of making people loose focus. Truth be told im on my mobile and i dont know where the return key is.

yes i did just shake my tic tacs at you - did it work?
Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1177 on: July 18, 2012, 06:05:34 PM »

Lol ok sorry boys i have a habit of making people loose focus. Truth be told im on my mobile and i dont know where the return key is.

Lol .......Brilliant answer.
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 19, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »

George     ....     firstly, I hope you are getting better - someone mentioned you'd been ill.

Secondly – less of the ‘polyphonic pros(e)’      …..      I prefer mine in thigh length latex boots with a ‘Luther was here tattoo’ on the left tit (note I had to put brackets round the ‘e’ so that  ‘Pawnshop Plums’ from Corby could understand the joke on the second hand laptop that Fag Ash Lill ‘popped’ the other day, so she could ‘go get a bag’).

Thirdly – never listen to Chompy    ….  his only positive contribution to the G is when he decides that that drooling over a phuqqin cookery show on BBC2 means he isn’t gonna turn up!

G Cardroom

Positives;

Basically everything that you’ve introduced – earlybird chips, structures etc    ….    The comps ARE starting to play well.

Negatives;

1) Tom Myland has started to play again!

2) The contestants for Tuesday night’s £20 comp haven’t been rounded up and summarily executed for crimes against Poker.

3) Comps are too slow    …      Barrat can now get to level 11 without having to ‘risk’ making up the SB.
May I suggest; 3 x 20 min levels, before reverting to a 30 min clock. You get your 90 min ‘registration period’ – and the comp is up to Lv 5 (150/300) when the players return from the smoking cage.

4) The breaks – they are simply far too long     ….       last night there were several 15 min breaks, totally unnecessary. Five minute breaks only    …..    please.

5) Dealers – I’ve never given a dealer a hard time (I’ve even been known to be helpful, on a good day!)  …  I appreciate that the trainees have to learn, end of.

6) Rulings – the only consistency is the inconsistency.
 At one time there was a clear set of rules that the players understood – now when a ruling is called for the poor old CUSTOMER waits with bated breath to see what bullshit is going to get trotted out next!
A New Dawn of Enlightenment seems to have descended on the Pokerworld as ‘fairness’ has become the new buzzword.
Players who   …    ‘didn’t mean to’    …   ‘weren’t paying attention’    …     ‘too busy talking’   …    ‘didn’t understand’   …  ‘ipod plugged’   …   are treated like a newly arrived Soapdodger  at a Greenham Common Peace Camp and showered with hugs and kisses.
If a player/dealer has ‘cocked up’ – bad luck, get over it, and learn from it!
I want to play a poker comp, not engage in some dippy pseudo-Egalitarian Fest     ….    When a footballer gets carded for a bad tackle, they don’t rush a Counselor onto the pitch to delve into whether it was meant/premeditated – they wave a yellow/red card at the bugger!

7) The webshite – don’t even get me started on that!

Britishgas

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 19, 2012, 09:37:18 PM »

I dont tend to agree with George saying "fair rulein" rather than standard set of guideliness. He aslo mentions that as long as he is the card room manager, all rule in will be based on the term "fair".
So all the rulein will depend on whether the inspector feels if it is fair or not. I am sure the rulein will not be consistent and different factors like age, gender, colour, regular, irregular, etc might impact a rulin and lot of external factors inluencing the game.

Not sure why they cant set a standard guidelines for rulein which is fair.
$muszlesz$

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1180 on: July 19, 2012, 09:43:04 PM »

structures and clocks r fine leave them be

relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 20, 2012, 04:12:57 AM »

I dont tend to agree with George saying "fair rulein" rather than standard set of guideliness. He aslo mentions that as long as he is the card room manager, all rule in will be based on the term "fair".
So all the rulein will depend on whether the inspector feels if it is fair or not. I am sure the rulein will not be consistent and different factors like age, gender, colour, regular, irregular, etc might impact a rulin and lot of external factors inluencing the game.

Not sure why they cant set a standard guidelines for rulein which is fair.

Obviously, if a situation falls within a very transparent rule then it's simple for us to make a ruling. However, it's not always as simple as, "He said raise after I went all-in."  For example. The player who moved all in hasn't announced it very loudly, nor has he moved his chips over the line. Or, the dealer hasn't informed the next person to act that there has been an all-in. So, while it might be preferred that you just rue "You must now raise." every time, I think that it is important that when mitigating factors are involved that they are considered.

I find the insinuations of prejudice that you are bringing to this conversation, such as race and gender, to be highly offensive. I consider myself very impartial when it comes to resolving disputes in the poker room and I really think we're going to incredible extremes. While I am sure you were trying to make an example, I would rather we didn't continue down the path of accusation and bias. I'd rather you called us stupid.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:16:10 AM by relaedgc » Logged

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Britishgas

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 20, 2012, 12:53:17 PM »

George, I have had a very good discussion with Martin today and explained him the same and we tend to agree on our views. I am saying it agian, to get the game fair, have a standatd set of guideliness and dont make a decission on external influences, someone has not heard or dealer has not announced is not my mistake, it could be new dealer or a old player with hairing problem, but I didn't enter the tournament thinking that you will give a rule in as someone has  not heard or you have a dealer who is not good enough. I have paid 10 pound service charge for a proper fair game.

Let me be clear, as a customer can I ask you, have you written down your poker rules anywhere or did you try to get the view of your Vic colleageues on the rule in. This is quite a common scenario today as lot of people use headset and can give the same excuse.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 20, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »

Apart from all the other bollocks, making a ruling that makes an allowance for someone choosing to be wearing headphones should never be introduced.

Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 20, 2012, 01:30:39 PM »

Apart from all the other bollocks, making a ruling that makes an allowance for someone choosing to be wearing headphones should never be introduced.

Simon you are spot on there m8, as on iPod user my self I at time do find it hard to hear what is going on all the time but I have always stopped and asked what's going on if it's not very clear as most people do.

If its your falt that you fucked up the pay the price take the hit and learn. You will do it once and never do it again

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: