blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:44:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272777 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Luton 2012 thread, powered by the same old 3-4 posters
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton 2012 thread, powered by the same old 3-4 posters  (Read 217667 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: September 12, 2015, 05:07:46 PM »

We've been highlighting Blonde stats lately and how they are vital for the forum's survival

Interesting stat that this thread has the 4th highest replies in the history of The Rail

Also interesting that "we will probably lose this thread now"

Yep interesting business dynamic that

Anyway any thread that contains the word necromancy should be protected by heritage laws or something

Interesting or not, if there is a repeat of the 100% spam we saw earlier this week, yes, the thread will be closed. A bit of subtlety & common sense is all it needs, nobody needs to go looking for trouble.

Oh ok, seems kinda drastic but w/e, DTD must be weighing you in heavily. What are the details of the sponsorship mate? How much and where does it go? I mean you ask for suggestions but it's a challenge to offer alternatives if we don't know what the end goal is.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: September 13, 2015, 01:07:55 PM »

We've been highlighting Blonde stats lately and how they are vital for the forum's survival

Interesting stat that this thread has the 4th highest replies in the history of The Rail

Also interesting that "we will probably lose this thread now"

Yep interesting business dynamic that

Anyway any thread that contains the word necromancy should be protected by heritage laws or something

Interesting or not, if there is a repeat of the 100% spam we saw earlier this week, yes, the thread will be closed. A bit of subtlety & common sense is all it needs, nobody needs to go looking for trouble.

Oh ok, seems kinda drastic but w/e, DTD must be weighing you in heavily. What are the details of the sponsorship mate? How much and where does it go? I mean you ask for suggestions but it's a challenge to offer alternatives if we don't know what the end goal is.

I won't be revealing how much because that's private. It pays for around 80% of the site running costs. In return, they get sponsor's rights, which are most reasonable, imo.

I've made plenty of suggestions, including as to this thread, on numerous occasions now. If people don't want to reply or respond, that's fine by me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1742 on: September 13, 2015, 01:14:13 PM »

I think drainys ban is very harsh. He gave some drunken mischievous banter and gets banned for saying not too much.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: September 13, 2015, 01:17:13 PM »

I think drainys ban is very harsh. He gave some drunken mischievous banter and gets banned for saying not too much.

So he was drunk the following morning, too?

He continued in exactly the same vein the next morning.

He also stated - the next morning (so I'm assuming sober).......

OMG - way too many police and politics on here for this to be fun.
Plenty of other free speech forums around.
Bye bye

So it seems - according to him - that's he's not too fussed.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 04:49:32 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: September 13, 2015, 01:27:00 PM »

I've no idea what came over Drainy. I used to know him & his family very well, never had a cross word, all three are friendly & amiable people in real life.

Never posted once in what, 3 years?, then suddenly gets all arsey. It's almost as if he was put up to it.

Everyone knew, & knows, that direct spam for other rooms is not acceptable on a forum sponsored by DTD.

I have repeatedly suggested a little subtlety & common sense is all that is needed. Nobody has replied to those suggestions. There does not have to be a clash of heads, everyone can get what they want if they use their noddle. Why do we have to take he hard road, instead of just doing it sensibly?

I have no problem with Drainy, & am happy to discuss with the Mods if they/we will rereconsider, but his repeated behaviour the other night - & the next morning - was not acceptable.  As played, he deserved the ban.  I've no idea how long the ban was for, either, might only have been a week, I've no idea.

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1745 on: September 14, 2015, 02:18:28 PM »

They say never meet your idols but I'm glad that Nirvana got to meet one of his last night.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: September 14, 2015, 02:36:04 PM »

Hi,

Yes. It wasn't aimed at the Blonde hierarchy.

I understand the nature of your sponsorship arrangement.

I'm engaged now to a particularly lovely British born Singaporean lass who is in charge of my wardrobe. So regrettably, my suits are a touch more size appropriate these days.

Hi George,

Sad to see the demise of that super-sized suit. It put me in mind of one of the members of Madness (the pop combo), for some reason.

Nice to hear you are engaged - when is the wedding?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: September 14, 2015, 02:49:09 PM »

Seeing George's post reminded me that that there is also a "Luton Calling" Diary on blonde, that has existed for 9 months, & if you play at the Luton poker rooms (G & Genting) its likely you'll have been namechecked in there.

It is here.....

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=64630.0

It's an alternative to this, not a replacement, but it sails along nicely, & the author writes beautifully.

I was only reminded of it because George went onto it recently, after he was parachuted back into G Luton, to seek feedback on Luton G, & he got some exhaustive & constructive feedback. That starts on Page 18, here....

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=64630.255

If you can identify who these pen pictures in Luton Calling describe,  you earn 3 Luton house points. I'm going for Chompy in Seat 10.

Seat 1 - Me, hero who hasn't cashed a Luton comp since January and blames it on run bad.
Seat 2 - Friendly chatty guy I see all over the place, always orders too much food and ends up giving it away to the table. Herbal medicine enthusiast.
Seat 3 - Young guy, aggro and generally solid if not a bit vocal to played who make questionable decisions. 
Seat 4 - You know those 50-60 year old guys who play every comp but they all look and sound alike? One of those.
Seat 5 - See above.
Seat 6 - See above.
Seat 7 - Above once more. It's like they've been cloned for the purpose of playing local poker tournaments.
Seat 8 - Manic Turkish guy who plays every hand.
Seat 9 - Internet kid, played with him a bit at the G. Pretty decent from what I remember.
Seat 10 - Middle aged lady who apparently grinds the $109s/$162s on Stars so could be super sick for all I know.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: September 14, 2015, 03:51:49 PM »

They say never meet your idols but I'm glad that Nirvana got to meet one of his last night.

Haha, couldn't resist telling Tony Cas how much I enjoyed his autobiography, one of the best footballer autobiogs imo and short enough for most footie fans to get through.

Funny though, when, later, we were all hugging and celebrating shipping our sat seats to the main this week, he took me to one side and said my poker was one of the best displays he'd ever witnessed.. knows his stuff

sola virtus nobilitat
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: September 14, 2015, 03:58:40 PM »

Haha, couldn't resist telling Tony Cas how much I enjoyed his autobiography, one of the best footballer autobiogs imo and short enough for most footie fans to get through.

Funny though, when, later, we were all hugging and celebrating shipping our sat seats to the main this week, he took me to one side and said my poker was one of the best displays he'd ever witnessed.. knows his stuff

Haha, choo choo all aboard the Nirvana Express, stopping at Luton for the main. 
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1750 on: September 14, 2015, 04:10:09 PM »

I enjoyed his autobiography, one of the best footballer autobiogs imo and short enough for most footie fans to get through.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.

Buddha

The older I get, the better I was.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: September 14, 2015, 05:26:36 PM »

getting all nostalgic reading this thread - might have to make a trip up the M1 in the next few weeks to check out the new poker room and see if I can remember if a flush beats a straight Smiley

Nice offer from Mantis to re-negotiate the sponsorship, but I really think we should be looking to see if Brad is available first before making any final decisions on that.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: September 14, 2015, 06:13:35 PM »

Seeing George's post reminded me that that there is also a "Luton Calling" Diary on blonde, that has existed for 9 months, & if you play at the Luton poker rooms (G & Genting) its likely you'll have been namechecked in there.

It is here.....

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=64630.0

It's an alternative to this, not a replacement, but it sails along nicely, & the author writes beautifully.

I was only reminded of it because George went onto it recently, after he was parachuted back into G Luton, to seek feedback on Luton G, & he got some exhaustive & constructive feedback. That starts on Page 18, here....

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=64630.255

If you can identify who these pen pictures in Luton Calling describe,  you earn 3 Luton house points. I'm going for Chompy in Seat 10.

Seat 1 - Me, hero who hasn't cashed a Luton comp since January and blames it on run bad.
Seat 2 - Friendly chatty guy I see all over the place, always orders too much food and ends up giving it away to the table. Herbal medicine enthusiast.
Seat 3 - Young guy, aggro and generally solid if not a bit vocal to played who make questionable decisions. 
Seat 4 - You know those 50-60 year old guys who play every comp but they all look and sound alike? One of those.
Seat 5 - See above.
Seat 6 - See above.
Seat 7 - Above once more. It's like they've been cloned for the purpose of playing local poker tournaments.
Seat 8 - Manic Turkish guy who plays every hand.
Seat 9 - Internet kid, played with him a bit at the G. Pretty decent from what I remember.
Seat 10 - Middle aged lady who apparently grinds the $109s/$162s on Stars so could be super sick for all I know.

I best go out and get myself into some more situations and get some new updates going then!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: September 14, 2015, 06:13:49 PM »

Not sure if I've mentioned it before but Brad has very poor people skills and the cultural divide is as wide as the Grand Canyon. However, if people think wearing a big comedy cowboy hat and incessantly squealing "hot dog" would have any effect on sponsorship negotiations I'm happy to get him involved.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: September 16, 2015, 06:10:44 PM »

Goodluck to Nirvana who is on the bubble of the £330 side at Luton, £7.5k up top. 10 left. Only 67 entries.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: